[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHADOWRUN RETURNS Which of the three are worth playing in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: shadowrun_logo.jpg (389KB, 1200x594px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun_logo.jpg
389KB, 1200x594px
SHADOWRUN RETURNS

Which of the three are worth playing in your opinion?

What was your favourite playstyle?
>>
Would you say that shaman is the best, simply because you basically get free speech options along with your abilities?
>>
File: orkdecker.jpg (445KB, 870x1243px) Image search: [Google]
orkdecker.jpg
445KB, 870x1243px
>>
>>376869848
Skip the first one. Only play Dragonfall and Hong Kong.
>>
File: 1440115378751.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440115378751.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>376869848
>Shadowrun Returns
Too primitive, they didn't really know what they were doing yet. Really linear story and boring runs.

>Dragonfall
Good but overlapping skillsets with your squad can be bad. That means you pretty much have to be a rifle hacker or you miss out on stuff.

>Hong Kong
The plot and runs are really good but the story only really makes sense if you're a mage. Same squad overlap problem as Dragonfall.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are fun and worth playing.
>>
>>376869848
Dragonfall.

Fuck the dragons, and fuck the consequences of killing them.
Just fucking do it.
>>
Dragon fall has best story and workshop
Hong Kong has best gameplay and graphics.

Decker is useless beyond the basics

Returns has nice story but shit everything else. Don't play it.
>>
>>376869848
I played dragonfall and loved it, it takes an hour or two to get into it.

Then played returns and it was decent but a bit short, Hong Kong was fantastic really liked the setting and city

If I remember correctly melee Augs are op as fuck in Hong Kong with the extra time boosts abilities and items. Run around one shorting people
>>
>>376871783
HK was god damn mess in terms of bugs
DF or get off the BTLS chummer
>>
>>376871950
>Decker is useless beyond the basics
I was so disappointed over how they did the Matrix.
Why couldn't they go with something more similar to what the Genesis game did?
In that Matrix was by far the most fun part.
>>
File: 1285029731186.jpg (102KB, 462x687px) Image search: [Google]
1285029731186.jpg
102KB, 462x687px
>>
>>376869848
SR games are all OK. Just OK. The setting deserves better, but this is all we got for now.
>>
>>376869848
dragonfall and hongkong are both good, They each have their strengths and i dont know which i prefer.

Rifles are hella strong and also give you access to the vindicator which is my go-to for dragonfall

With the advent of the cyber tree in hong kong though rip and tear cyber troll with razor claws all day every day my dude. You can get so unkillable the AI figures shooting your team behind full cover is better than shooting your dude in the open tearing some dude a new asshole.

With only half my party(rachter/PC) i took down the hong kong final boss in one turn
>>
>>376869848
I skipped the first game, which lead to sort of a twist ending for Dragonfall When its revealed who you're employer is. I would say the first game actively subtracts value from the best one because of that- not worth playing.
>>
>>376869848
Neither, because, ultimately, Shadowrun is a team focused game and none of the main games provided any sort of coop experience. Well written characters and good stories are nice, but they're not the reason people play PnP RPGs.

Ironically, Shadowrun Chronicles was a much better Shadowrun game than the three main ones by HBS, because it has managed to capture the spirit of teamplay and cooperation very well. This is mostly because the game heavily encourages you to play with other people by being hard as fuck, it is unironically one of THE hardest turn based squad tactics games I've ever played and I've played terror from the deep without savescumming. You need a full team of properly built and geared veteran players to be able to finish the second part of the game reliably.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.