[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anno Domini 2017 >videogames still have primitive, archaic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

>Anno Domini 2017
>videogames still have primitive, archaic HP systems
What the fuck is this shit? When will games actually start simulating blood, organs, bones etc?
>>
I don't even want to imagine the complexity of liquid simulation of blood flowing through veins, arteries and capillaries in real time. Not to mention the internal tickrate you'd need for collisions between tissues and fluids inside the organs to work in a simulatory manner

tl;dr, you're playing a game to shoot the monster, wasting a shitton of cycles simulating things you won't even notice and that will barely change the experience of shooting it is not worth it
>>
>>376865226
>Implying I play games for realism
>>
Why are you asking a question no one will know the answer to? If it bothers you so much, go to school, learn how to make what you want, and stop asking stupid questions.
>>
It's called Dwarf Fortress you fucking casual
>>
Lifeweb
>>
>>376865226
There are games that have complex health systems. Deus Ex 1, E.Y.E., Call of Cthulhu, Stalker (I guess). I imagine part of the reason they're not common is that in all cases it requires more work, and it's pretty rare for it to significantly add to the game.
>>
SWAT 3 and 4 have really simple body damage models. I'm sure there are plenty of games that do. Though you already have people complaining about not killing enemies when they think they should now with simple health. Imagine all the asshurt if you shot an enemy a bunch but it missed vital organs and he didn't die. Also you have to think about how a normal person is going to be in shock from just one bullet. It could be pretty boring to one shot every enemy.

>>376865443
Doesn't have to be a perfect simulation. Much like anything else in video games it can and will be simplified but it would still be cool.
>>
too many variants that could be offset by so much as a glitch/latency, not worth the effort

it would be simpler to implement pseudo-realistic elements such as additional hitboxes (i.e. left/right side of neck gets shot/slashed = quicker death) and/or persistent damage (character bleeds out and/or is affected differently by hazards depending on where they were previously injured). just stuff like that would be more detailed without being as fragile
>>
>>376865654
Just because DF uses 50 different numbers instead of 1 doesn't change the fact that it's still stupid fucking numbers. I want to see blood gushing from wounds and enemies dying from blood loss, I want to see guts spilling out from slashing attack and terrified monsters scambling to collect them back like these NatGeo documentaries, I want to see monsters spazzing on the ground after receiving brain damage, I want to shoot an enemy in the eye and blind them, and get contusion after close range grenade explosion etc
>>
>He doesn't have hitpoints
>>
>>376866408
>blood gushing from wounds and enemies dying from blood loss

Happens in Dwarf Fortress.

>I want to see guts spilling out from slashing attack

Happens in Dwarf Fortress.

> I want to shoot an enemy in the eye and blind them

Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>play FPS with realistic health system
>get shot once in the arm
>hits the artery
>breaks my bone
>go into shock
>be unable to move due to pain
>bleed out
>die

woah... so fun...
>>
>>376866520
It "happens" via numbers, same with its heat flow and water simulation. Actually simulate fluids without numbers, then we're talking.
>>
>>376866637
>get shot directly in center of chest
>character's speed slows down to a crawl
>>
>>376865981
I really should just lock this thread because you shut down the retarded OP in two sentences.
>>
>>376866752
Are you autistic?
>>
When they stop being games and start being simulators.
>>
>>376866752
Everything in video games is numbers. You can't simulate anything without numbers. I know what you're talking about though, you want actual 3D graphics and not simple 2D representations.
>>
File: freecell.png (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
freecell.png
19KB, 600x600px
The human race is fucking weird
>>
>>376865226
>>>/tg/gurps
>>
File: 1454019641170.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454019641170.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>Tfw there will never be a fighting game without health bars.

That one game for the xbox that talked about breaking bones and stuff was a let down.
>>
>>376866752

The heat flow and water simulation is done in Dwarf Fortress "without numbers". That's why you get so many people fucking up wells since fluid dynamics are an inherent part of DF water and the water ends up gushing up OUT of the well.

It's one of the staple newbie fuck ups.

Not only that but you can get nausea from being brutalized in the stomach or hit on the head. How do you simulate blood loss without 'numbers' though? You only have a finite amount of blood in real life so isn't that just a number too?
>>
>>376865226
No thanks.
>>
>>376865226
You know an Anno game that involves running parts or a whole body would be pretty interesting
>>
>>376865226
isn't the bladder supposed to be in front of the vaginal canal and womb?
>>
>>376866838
>you want actual 3D graphics and not simple 2D representations.

That's weird of him to want that when blood in Dorf Fort does spill out of bodies in an essentially 3d environment and can slather over floor/walls.
>>
>>376866752
> Actually simulate fluids without numbers

you are fucking retarded
>>
>>376866896
The camera position and controls for fighting games don't lend themselves to precision hitting of body parts. So if you took away health bars you'd end up with a game of just wailing on each other until someone hits something major, which would get rid of the whole skill aspect of the genre.
>>
>>376866986

Yes.
>>
>>376866838
>you want actual 3D graphics and not simple 2D representations.
Not at all, I play dwarf for a reason. See what they said above "shoot an enemy in the head and blind them." I don't want the eye to, for example, have a HP value and be destroyed if damaged enough, and the creature gaining the status of "blind". I want the game to calculate the iron molecules on the arrowhead coliding with, and slicing apart the molecules in the eye, and the creature going "blind" because it's optic nerve is no longer transmitting signals to the brain.
>>
File: 10 points for griffindor.jpg (59KB, 205x329px) Image search: [Google]
10 points for griffindor.jpg
59KB, 205x329px
>if you shoot a guy in the head, only a little blood sprays out

>if you shoot him in the foot alot of blood sprays out

>if you shoot him in the stomach blood sprays out until enough blood drains that it reaches his stomach the the pressure drops so blood just trickles out
>>
>>376865226
>anno domini 2017
>OP who can't actually spell his own fucking hobby voices dimwitted opinions about "archaic HP systems"
>>
>>376867109
>I want the game to calculate the iron molecules on the arrowhead coliding with, and slicing apart the molecules in the eye

you're retarded because this is handled by material resistances already in dorf.

>and the creature going "blind" because it's optic nerve is no longer transmitting signals to the brain.

Jesus. It can be done easily but christ you're being a retard about the way you want to do it.
>>
>>376866752
So basically you just want fancy graphics
>>
>shoot a guy in the chest
>it pierces his lung
>he falls to the ground and starts coughing, wheezing, gargling and drowning in his own blood
>he dies an incredibly slow and painful death
>>
>>376867109
How about you just go the fuck outside if all you want in a game is a real life simulator.
>>
>>376867016
There's 3D graphics for Dwarf Fortress now?
Show me.
>>
>>376867657
He didn't say 3d graphics, he said 3d physics
>>
>>376866637
https://youtu.be/c4IsOmR25D0?t=19

RO2 is pretty fun
>>
>>376867975
>english voices

delete this RIGHT now
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.