[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's on sale for 20 bucks so I picked it up, and holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
It's on sale for 20 bucks so I picked it up, and holy shit it's reminding me of why I love video games.
Any recommended player made maps?
Also DOOM thread
>>
>It's on sale for 20 bucks
no shit? thanks for mentioning this, i've been wanting to play it
>>
>>376862658
Yeah the price was the only thing stopping me.
>>
Nice shill, again. Haven't seen more than 12 of these in past two days.

The game's still mediocre-at-best, highly flawed, monotonous butchering of a classic IP. Not worth even 20 bucks, unless you've literally drained all your standards with CoD-shit for the past decade and half.

The MP and SM suck major ass, and latter is NOT even a passable replacement for mods. Way too restricted to get anything good done.
>>
I had a lot of fun with the single player, more than I was expecting. It's not exactly Doom from the 90's, but it does take the right aspects from it to make it a fun playthrough.
>>
thats a great game i rented it from gamefly a cpl months ago and i loved it
>>
>>376863069
>but it does take the right aspects from it to make it a fun playthrough.
...which were?
Because nuDoom is about as similar with DooM as a razorblade is to a sponge. I didn't recall Doom playing like a "Brutal Halo RPG".
>>
>>376862904
oh okay i'll just install dosbox and play some tired shit from the '90s yet the fuck again instead
>>
>>376862904
Why do you hate video games anon?
>>
>>376863240
>DosBox
2005 called. They want their fads back.
Not to mention Serious Sam 3 = D4D > > > NuDuum.

>>376863347
Sonny, I love video games.
I hate people who let the whole industry spiral down to state that might just as well cause another crash.

If D44M is such a messiah game to you, you are either: A) GenZ underaged b&, B) An Xbot whose idea of "fast FPS" is Halo 3, or C) a paid Zenimax shill, who love to try & undermine any and all criticism towards Bethesda's trash.
>>
>>376862904
>The MP and SM suck major ass
the what and what
>>
>>376862904
The single player alone is easily worth 20 bucks
>>
>>376862904
Its just doom with hd graphics. If you hate this game then you hate the orginal
>>
>>376863516
Not that non but i played plenty of original doom, quake and quake 2 mods. nudoom single player is really solid and fun.

So you're just an underage dumbass
>>
File: d44m in a nutshell - Pelit 2016.jpg (237KB, 916x610px) Image search: [Google]
d44m in a nutshell - Pelit 2016.jpg
237KB, 916x610px
>>376863637
At least try to keep up with basic gaming terms and stuff you're advertizing.

Multiplayer, and the Snap Map.
The literal Call Of Halo -mode, and the dirty hobo's excuse for not including real modding tools.

>>376863757
No, it's not. I paid just a bit extra few months ago, and I feel cheated and ripped off.

>>376863856
You have never even played Doom.
Ironically, your kind are the "target audience" for this meme trash.

>>376863885
I dare to make a bet that I'm amongst the oldest users and posters on this entire site, unless that 52yo granny from 2012 makes a return again.

Neo-D44M was so terrible, that I had to play Ultimate Doom in whole right after it to wash away that awful stench it left in my brain.
Fuck, I played BLOOD for the first time just couple years ago, and it alone BTFO of anything Bethesda has published in the past 10 years, 7-0.
>>
File: console-wars.jpg (61KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
console-wars.jpg
61KB, 600x448px
My only complains are
- How short it is (it's as long as a single Doom 1 / 2 episode)
- The small amount of enemies per level
- The excessive amount of closed arenas.
- The last levels having little to no exploration, being just a bunch of interconnected arenas

Except for that, it is a great game. The enemies, the weapons, the weapon upgrades, the movement, the shooting, all of it felt so good. The Preator Suit upgrades were meh and some of the runes were interesting.

Sequel when?
>>
File: UGLxbbG.png (562KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
UGLxbbG.png
562KB, 632x738px
>>
>>376863856
>If you hate this game then you hate the orginal
On the contrary, fucking contrarian shill.
If you love the original Doom and its clones, you will most certainly HATE Doom 4.

>Full of cinematic shit, including real fucking cutscenes.
>All guns suck. Unless you use upgrades.
>Armor is literally a 2nd HP bar that depletes first.
>You can barely hold any ammo. Unless you level-up.
>Checkpoints.
>Maps are linear pipes, connecting obligatory combat arenas you get locked into.
>Platforming sections. With insta-death pits.
>Only around half-a dozen enemies on screen at once, not counting "zombies". No Pinkie packs.
>Berserk pack is a timed boost that makes you invincible and unable to use guns.
>Rune challenges are just annoying filler.
>Everything glows.
>A goddamn robo-guy literally handholds you through the game, via radio.
>No mods, and the Snapmap is literally just all about connecting handful of pre-made rooms together, with strict enemy limit.
>Only 4 players max in Snapmaps (yeah they're apparently NOW "fixing" this).
>MP is Halo-tier shit. Period.
>Spider is the last boss, and is not hitscan anymore either.
>No, hitscan enemies are not a cancer. I miss my easy to gib shotgun zombies.
>Bosses have HP bars and almost Zelda-style attack patterns.
>Ending was literally a slap to face + "lol, look forward to teh sequel, goy!"

Next yer gonna say "That's exactly like D1 & 2!! :^DD" ?
>>
>>376864151
I love the original Doom games (I played them for the first time back in 1996, when I got my first gaming PC) and I found Doom 2016 great.

You aren't going to convince people to hate the game, mate.
>>
Is it really worth $20, I'm honestly debating on getting it, how's the multiplayer???
>>
Saw it for 20 bucks in a local store last December already. Was shocked that it was already that cheap back then. So there are player maps? Where do I get them from?
>>
>>376864151
>>376864069
in times like these, I really feel like talking about video games on /v/ is just a MOBA where everyone who knows more than me in a turbo autist
>>
>>376862538
>>376864316
Nah, don't bother with that crap.
It's a tedious and repetitious Glory Killing fest in endless lock-down combat arena rooms, that are there to hide the very limited max enemy count on screen.

D4 is full of modern crap, the most annyoing being not only one, but THREE upgrade trees & level-up systems.

Plot and exposition isn't crammed down your throat, except when the game literally sit you down to watch a legit fucking cutscenes.

Enemies are totally not a threat thanks to the GKs, and Chainsaw being a 1-hit insta-kill tool that fully refills your ammo and HP.

It's a schizophrenic mess with severe identity crisises, which people now only THINK means "oldschool". Especially the MP is a prime example of this shit, and you're just delusional, low-standard moron to think that the SP would be either perfect, or ANYTHING like Doom.
>>
>>376864316
Really mediocre and probably dead. SP is definitely worth the purchase though.
>>
>>376864139
It's "TOOT", it was always TOOT.
>>
>>376864294
I'm not talking to "people" here.
I'm talking to Zenimax, apparently.

Anyone with half the brain already realized ages ago that nu-DOOM is yet another lukewarm, single use only modern console-reboot, that will not stand test of time nor even compare to the original game(s).
>>
File: d4 - no mods or edits.jpg (216KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
d4 - no mods or edits.jpg
216KB, 1440x900px
>>376864351
You got a super simple "map maker" app in the game itself, which is even more restricted than the one in good ol' Time Splitters 2. You literally cannot even replicate Doom 1 & 2's maps, because you're stuck with pre-made rooms and SUPER limited max enemy count (you can only have like 12 spawned at once). You are also stuck with the MP logic, so that's 2-gun limit and loadouts, only.

You only download them from the official servers, so it's kinda like the Mario Maker.
>>
File: 1484274041192.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484274041192.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
>>376864136
>Sequel when?
Maybe next year but there might be some DOOM stuff at E3. They are almost definitely unveiling the TNO sequel this year.
>>
>>376864501
>>
>>376862538
Funny, it reminded me why I hate modern games and Bethesda. And no, all four of the user-made maps are worse trash than what you could cook up in fucking Unity in two minutes. Last time I checked, you couldn't even make outdoors areas or spawn more than 10 enemies.
>>
>>376864151
>Full of cinematic shit, including real fucking cutscenes.
what? you call this cutscenes? everything is rendered in game dummy
>>
File: 1493777791460.jpg (39KB, 405x294px) Image search: [Google]
1493777791460.jpg
39KB, 405x294px
>>376864151
>being this salty
>>
>>376864151
nice pasta
>>
I bought this in the PS4 sale the other day for £12, and it's so much fun.
I wasn't interested when it released because I never played the previous games, but for a dumb shooter it's surprisingly addictive.

Jumped into mp and was surprised at how satisfying it is.

Can't complain for just over a tenner.
>>
>>376862538
I just hated how gernades and pistol were infinte ammo, chainsaw was a cutscene and a lot of the battles were in enclosed spaces
>>
>>376862538
Great game. Probably the best officially released FPS single player campaign I've played since '97's Blood.
>>
>>376864540
The original doom games are boring trash that a handful of turbo-autists latched onto because it was the first fps they played. You're not special for having the same experience with your first fps that literally everyone has with their first fps.
>>
>>376862538
>>376862658
Yeah thanks familia. Downloading as we speak.
>>
>>376862538
bought it too.
Its nice but i agree with the low ammo.
But a year later, with MP still decent and for $20 this is good
>>
>>376862538
>game finally hit the fair price mark of $20 USD and below
$5 more dollars off and I am all about seeing what this new Doom is about.
>>
>>376862538
is it worth playing on ps4 or do i need keyboard and mouse
>>
>>376867569
you can play with keyboard and mouse on PS4?
>>
>>376867569
It isn't worth playing on any platform.
>>
>>376867947
no, thats why im asking. my thinkpad couldnt run this game.
>>376867990
i have decided from watching enough gameplay footage that i would like to play this game. friends have also enjoyed this game and recommended it to me.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (5KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
5KB, 223x226px
>>376863516
>P. Not worth even 20 bucks, unless you've literally drained all your standards with CoD-shit for the past decade and half.

Show me where he touched you, anon.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.