[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>10/10 soundtrack >10/10 customization for species >5/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 094209442429.jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
094209442429.jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
>10/10 soundtrack
>10/10 customization for species
>5/10 gameplay

It could have been so great. Too bad diplomacy and trade suck a lot. War Goals suck. Combat sucks. The entire game is just a rush to biggest best and superior fleets to crush your enemies.
>>
>>376861702
>pirated when released
>extremely bare bones
>dropped
>recently gifted it by my sister who works in finance (I'm NEET)
>log 21 hours in a single game
>last save is me being beaten in a war

It's not even the fact that I lost the war that stops me playing, but the fact that now having lost, the gameplay will be at an all time boring for the next 5 hours minimum.
>>
It would have been better if there was more to planet management and colonizing was uncommon and difficult to accomplish without much trouble. Also ships should not be just be a traditional expendable RTS units.
>>
>>376861930
Agreed something more akin to star trek the next generation where ships had personality and lasted a long time, going through many skirmishes, trade missions, diplomatic missions and exploration. Huge fleet battles should have been a relatively rare occurrence.
>>
>>376861702
Is it still worth a buy though? It's $12 on Humble Monthly. Last strategy game I played was probably Civ 4 and I'm itching for a new game
>>
>>376863829
Honestly for $12 I'm not sure if it's worth it. Even with all DLCs I stopped after 20 mostly boring hours. You're better off playing Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings 2. Hell, playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri would even be better. If you do the latter just watch out for Yang, he's a dirty Chank.
>>
>>376861702
said it once say it again it shoulda been ck 2 in space
>>
File: 1493367635395.jpg (448KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
1493367635395.jpg
448KB, 800x542px
>>376864569
100% agreeance brother
>>
>>376863829
If you pirate all the dlc, I think it's worth 12 dollars. base game + dlc isn't all that special, but with mods it's a lot better plus you can just pirate later dlc.
>>
>>376861702
>make entire game series about trading, backstabbery and incest.
>don't put any trading, backstabbery or incest in your space game.

All they had to do was make a paradox game set in space, but instead they made babbys first 4x game.

Fucking swedes
>>
>>376864569
It really should have. Paradox map painters are alright but CK2 dumbfuckery is special. Adding that to a feudal space game setting would've been amazing.

Although CK2 has lost some mojo too. Tried playing it again recently with all the DLC and they've sucked some of the fun back out. Even being a satanist incestous king isn't much fun.
>>
>>376866786
this
>>
>>376861702
>The entire game is just a rush to biggest best and superior fleets to crush your enemies.
The funny thing is that the way to make the best possible fleet is just to constantly pump out basic Corvettes.

Research doesn't matter, because it takes time and effort, while the cost of better weapons is out of whack with how much of an advantage they give you. 6 Corvettes with t1 weapons will always beat 4 Corvettes with t2 weapons, no exceptions. More > better. The fleet limit is completely unimportant as well, since you can go way, way over it and you'll still pay less upkeep than someone who uses state-of-the-art tech in his ships.

I've seen lots of scrubs saying that Cruisers are the best ship type, but that's bullshit. Not only do Cruisers require quite a bit of research, they're also slow to build and cost a lot of upkeep, while someone spamming shitty Corvettes will probably take you out easily while you're spending time and resources on building a "good" fleet. There's nothing Cruisers can accomplish that Corsairs can accomplish just as well with far less of an investment.
>>
>>376863829
Civ 5 complete edition is on sale on humble bundle for $12 bucks. Can't go wrong with that. And some game called Endless Legends for $8, dlc sold separately. Tropico and a few other games on sale too, so give the humble store a looking through.
>>
>>376868158
That sounds very disappointingly like Endless Space.
>>
there just really isn't any depth to it
>>
>>376866786
>le CK2 incest xD!!

Fuck off.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.