[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit /v/ I am literally fuming right now. I don't think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
Holy shit /v/ I am literally fuming right now. I don't think I've ever been mad at a videogame before like this, I think I understand unbridled gaming rage now.

>Have many problems with the game, mainly glitches and falling through walls consistently, one point even somehow falling through the floor, and into the talos exterior
>Figure it'll get better, decide i'll power through it.
>Nine voice clip fragments all over the fucking place with no directions as to their locations
>Get to deep storage, Pacing goes fucking nuts, nothing but backtracking, hardly any recyclers or fabricators, consistently running out of Ammo because all the typhon respawn just from elaving the area. (Which should NOT happen in a game with finite ammunition)
>Spend a good solid hour trying to figure my way into the reactor only to find some random technopath was jamming the door all along.
>Get down to the reactor, then forced to climb all the way back up in a very unorthadox fashion because all the stairs got destroyed and now theres operators everywhere
>asked to backtrack 4 other places i've already been to for literally something that could have been in one area.
>Really losing my patience now, just about ready to drop but tell myself the final boss should be worth it
>Go through all he shit with the operator and Daryl
>Have to go down to the reactor AND clamber my way back up AGAIN.
>Retrack the entire fucking station just to get to the bridge
>Final choice
>No final boss
>a visual of space
>A sentence
>credit roll

Thats it? THATS FUCKING IT? I spent my entire goddamn day playing your shit arkane, and my reward is a fucking cryptic philosophical message?! No explanations on these OC donut steal aliens you so pride? No final stretch or at LEAST a final boss?! This EASILY outranks ME3's poor excuse of a goddamn ending.

4/10 is fucking generous IGN. This piece of shit is going back tomorrow
>>
>>376850454
>hardly any recyclers or fabricators,
They are in every Sector. Sometimes there is multiple. are you blind? Do you not fix the broken ones?
>because all the typhon respawn just from elaving the area.
They don't though. They spawn new ones after various quest clears.
>Spend a good solid hour trying to figure my way into the reactor only to find some random technopath was jamming the door all along.
The game tells you when a Technopath is barring a door. Do you not read?
>Get down to the reactor, then forced to climb all the way back up in a very unorthadox fashion because all the stairs got destroyed and now theres operators everywhere
There is a elevator you can fix. Are you clinicly blind sir? Do you need assistance?

Sounds to me like you decided to hate it from the get go and purposely gimped yourself while playing.

See a eye doctor about that blindness.
>>
>>376852136
>Sounds to me like you decided to hate it from the get go and purposely gimped yourself while playing.

Dude I was fucking EXCITED for this game, dont give me that,. all of /v/ kept saying "It'll be average" And I was the one blindly defending and saying this would be an AMAZING game

You have NO idea how upset by this I am. I wanted this game to be THE game for me. It had all the elements of Bioshock, Dishonored, And Deus Ex, and it decided to take THE WORST aspects of them all.
>>
>because all the typhon respawn just from elaving the area
No, no they do not. I went back to the first area to fuck around in Fabrication and Volunteer since I got the Code for Volunteer Quarters my first time in Lobby.
>Come back
>Meet a trash can that is a Mimic
>Also 1 more running around
>Nothing else
>>
>>376852363
I went in with no expectations at all.
At worst I thought it was going to be a mediocre horror game.
Turns out it was a pretty alright FPS with pop-scares. Basically another system shock but not at great.

So it was you who set your sights on it being a masterpiece when it was just a name slapped on arkaine's new game. You set your hopes high only to be dispointed because you thought the impossible.

People need to looks at games with some fucking common sense.
>>
>>376850454
>Bethesda releases a buggy game

when will you fucking retards ever learn
>>
>>376853508
Seems to be mostly the PC version suffering the worst from the bugs.

The Ps4 version on my part only suffered from a operator getting stuck in a table and the machine that makes them once and suit repair kits and typhon materials not stacking automatically in the inventory without pressing sort every time I want them stacked.

PC is getting mission items falling through floors, Themselves falling through floors, Save Corruptions and Freezes in specific area's of the game.

I don't know if the patch has fixed or is going to fix most of that.
>>
>>376854305
PS4 owner here, Can confirm, I've had many bullshit glitches happen to me. This one took the cake. Worst thing is it autosaved there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-z5WCqfcm4
>>
>>376853508
Only the PC version is having problems.
It is a minor issue.
>>
IGN updated the review and gave it an 8. BTFO.
>>
>>376854305
PCfat here, 50 hours played, beat the game twice and no bug so far except two crashes after long sessions, especially around the end where you backtrack through areas at mach 10.
Not saying bugs aren't a thing but they're definitely not common at all.
>>
>>376857136
Yeah, I just beat it for the first time and had only one crash.

Weirdest thing I came across was a couple of places you could get into with Mimic and then couldn't get out again, so I had to reload earlier saves.

I agree with OP on the ending though. The post-credits scene was really interesting, but the pacing once the Apex appeared was shit. Wanted to go out and scan it, and fight it, or something. I literally just zipped about, then flipped a switch and it was over. Been stockpiling ammo for the Q Beam in expectation of something big.
>>
>>376857941
Yeah, I really expected to fight the thing outside.
>>
>>376858093
Did you try going out to see it at all? Once it arrives, all the airlocks on the map say they're shut... except for the Cargo Bay. I just wanted to get through it and it clearly wasn't the way to proceed with the quest so I didn't look, but given January gives you a warning not to scan it and that shows as open, I'm wondering.
>>
File: death laughs in your face.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
death laughs in your face.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>376850454
get gud
>>
>>376858742
>Falling through the floor is something you can git gud at

Fuck off with your shitty meme, this isnt dark souls.
>>
Honestly, I just watched some gameplay of this game for the first time, and it looks pretty fun. Is it at all like bioshock like i think it is? I really enjoy bioshock 1 and 2 and am wondering if I should pick this up
>>
>>376858939
Tbqh I feel like it's actually better than Bioshock gameplaywise, BS is more charming tho.
>>
>>376858939
More on the System Shock side of things than Bioshock.
>>
>>376858919
Half of that post was complaining about backtracking and easy shit like the password for deep storage. The bugs are annoying but they are not that common
>>
>>376858258
Can't get there, you got me hyped.
>>
>>376859078
>>376859112
Allright, thanks. Haven't played system shock but I've been spending all my free time on ARPGs this entire year and getting pretty bored of it, so I'll give this a chance
>>
After watching a couple streams I decided to pick it up, I dig the game, rewards exploration, neuromods are like crack to me, I love the upgrade paths. Recycler's are dope as well. /v/ really will just hate anything just to hate it nowadays. Glad I stopped frequenting this board near as much as I did in the past.

Also, play on nightmare for the best experience.
>>
>>376859404
Damn. I appreciate the check though, I would have gone back and done the same thing in a day or two myself.

I scanned the Tendrils but it didn't really contribute much.

Is it just more or does it feel like the last hour or so of the game got a bit neglected? Was loving it up until then.
>>
>>376859412
>>376858939

>Watch

Watch and play are two different thing anon. Just because something looks fun for 10 minutes, doesn't mean its going to be fun when you realize you;'ll be doing those 10 minutes for several hours.

Its severely repetitive, lacking in many departments and while it may look like Bioshock, does not have the pacing, nor structure that makes bioshock great.

Do not get memed by these people and spend $60 on this, you will regret it. If you have to play it pirate it, but do not waste the cash.
>>
>>376850454
I read they took back the review and redid it
Must have been 1 angry phone call from Zenimax
>>
>>376858093
>>376858258
>>376859141

Arkane literally said there wouldn't be boss fights a year ago. Keep up you mooks.
>>
>>376859670
Good point. Might just wait 'till it drops in price and get it then if I still want it. 60$ is enough money that I don't wanna throw it out the window
>>
>>376850454
What about $60 for a game that can be beat in 8 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sk1lNsRZp4
>>
File: 1324646514613.jpg (23KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1324646514613.jpg
23KB, 621x502px
>>376859806
that last post didn't have anything to do with bosses you fucking autist
>>
>>376859516
I don't think it was neglected, you get a ton of side/main quests in the last few hours and they're all the most important ones, and the finale is meant to be your final choice and nothing more.
I still would have loved fighting the boss myself but it would remove the whole choice thing which ends up being what the story was about from the start.
>>
>>376859917
>8 minutes
Ayyy, try 6 minutes fag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc8aZTn3fnk
>>
File: C_q2BLsXYAEDFRp.jpg large.jpg (204KB, 1352x980px) Image search: [Google]
C_q2BLsXYAEDFRp.jpg large.jpg
204KB, 1352x980px
>>376860012
>8 minuets
>>
>>376860128
i dont understand how this is relevant
>>
Man, I really feel bad for the phantoms. Once you get to a certain point you can just stun lock them with the wrench.
>>
>>376860170
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>376860012
>Majority of the time is taken up by the 06-tier loading screens

So, 3 minutes then?
>>
>>376859964
Still, though. I went and talked with Alex after completing all the major choice quests, and the whole place fell apart. That's cool, we're in final stages, but then I just sort of wandered through the station dealing with things. I could have shot a lot of enemies along the way, but I didn't really need to, so I didn't. So everything goes into crisis mode, you run one way, you run another way, then you press the button and it's done.

I feel like they could have had you fly outside the station and have to either damage a large tendril to scan the space underneath, and repeat a couple of times, in order to get the Nullwave ending, or a fight in the reactor core against an Apex-souped-up Nightmare in order to reactivate the power for the core detonation.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but as one that by design prompted hoarding supplies for an ever-tougher battle, I'm just disappointed that there was no pay off for it.
>>
>>376860012

It's amazing what glitches people find and exploit.
>>
>>376859904
I don't see why you'd listen to someone telling you the game is bad over someone claiming the game is great. Especially when most of the bad opinions come from people who haven't played it.

Not saying it's wrong to dislike the game after playing it but you realize this is /v/ and hating stuff is the default stance? Besides, it's not 60$ on PC, even on GMG which is totally legit, it's 20% off.

>>376860434
I agree, I was a bit disappointed too, especially after how cool the apex scene was, it felt like some Dead Space boss battle was about to start.
>>
>>376857941

You can scan the Apex through the Arboretum window, however you lose health, gain fear and you wont gain any research.
>>
>>376860012
This isn't a real ending, no credits, no nothing.
>>
>>376860012
>non-standard game over
>ending
That's like saying you can speedrun Golden Sun in an hour or so by refusing to save the world.
>>
>>376860769
Been snooping around some of the other threads, and seems like a lot of people like the game, so I'll just watch some more clips of it and see. Might just get it
>>
>>376861120
If you liked BioShock and/or System Shock 2, or Dead Space for that matter, it's worth picking up.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.