[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the smoke has cleared, how does the main cast compare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 46

File: 1493499080257.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493499080257.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Now that the smoke has cleared, how does the main cast compare to other Persona games in your mind?
>>
>>376847910
Much better than 4's. Marginally better than 3's. I liked them about the same as 2's.

p1 was overrated shit
>>
>>376847910
Persona 5 cast lacks the personality P4's had. I thought they were at least gonna try to be edgier since it's a game about rebellion, but no. Same anime tropes but this time, even more boring.

P4 cast was naturally likable, whether or not you think that game is good, it's irrelevant. P5 characters are dull as fuck and forgettable.
>>
>>376847910
Almost as good as 3 and a 100 times better than 4's awful cast.
>>
>>376848139
Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko were all extremely dull characters. Naoto was vaguely interesting, Teddie was annoying. Only Kanji really felt 'naturally' likeable and even this his gimmick is I'M MAD AND NOT GAY!!
>>
>>376847910
They nailed the "later characters", Haru, Futaba and Akechi are all great. But the main characters are still not as good as the ones from 3.
Yusuke is the only one that compare to the great ones from 3
>>
>>376848530
>Haru and Akechi
Felt kind of rushed to me as much as I agree with you on Yusuke and Futaba. Akechi was a painfully obvious traitor and dies off the very next time to meet him after the reveal while suddenly dropping huge bombs like Shido being his dad. Haru had Morgana hogging her introduction and the whole Okamura ordeal was rushed along due to that part in the story being relevant to that fact.
>>
>>376848139
>p4 cast is more likable

Just cause they act stupid more than P5's cast doesn't mean they are likable.

People only like P4's cast because of MUH BANTER, MUH LIGHTHEARTED ROMANCE COMEDY, and MUH FRIENDS I NEVER HAD IRL.

P5 and P3 have better casts.
>>
>>376848829
Sorry, I meant "nailed" when compared to other games. Haru, Futaba and Akechi are much better characters compared to Shinjiro, Ken or Fuuka
>>
>>376849220
Oh, then I'm on the same page.Though I'd put Yusuke above 3s cast as well solely for being the most likeable character while having an acceptably sad back story.
>>
>>376847910
People went full delusional and now P4's cast was the best out of nowhere.
>>
>>376849220
Haru is worse than Fuuka
>>
>>376847910
It's hard for me to say. For one thing, I think they had terrible synergy. It's like in Tales of the Abyss where the cast just has a similar goal, but doesn't really like each other or get along. Reading between the lines for most of the scenes gave me the impression that for the most part all they care about is the protagonist. Their love and obsession for him (they might as well worship him I fucking hate the writing in these games) is the only thing that bands them together. They can't even agree on what a Phantom Thief should be. Some want to be celebrities others want to be a kind of hidden police force.

I also hate Ryuji and Morgana. I didn't mind either at first, but the more the game went on the more obnoxious I found them to be. Ryuji is loud and stupid and the game makes a point to keep shoving this down your throat. Him bursting out how the team are the Phantom Thieves constantly in public is absurd and it gets old way too quickly. Almost EVERY SCENE with him has at least one party member take a stab at him based on his intelligence or noise, and rightfully so.

Morgana is basically the other side to that coin. He constantly needs the last word for everything even if he doesn't say anything meaningful. Him and Ryuji arguing with each other every scene is genuine filler that contributes nothing to the game. I almost hate him from a design perspective. He doesn't fit at all. It was nice that Teddie turned out to be humanoid, plus his appearance was in the TV world. I hate how the game continues to use Morgana's stupid Phantom Thief look even in the real world, especially when you actually see his cat form pictures in the end game and they look much better. Design wise, his head is just way too fucking big and his expressions are too cartoony. It is jarring and out of place. I don't see why he couldn't just be a Puss in Boots looking character in battle.

Everyone else was great though, especially Yusuke who I had expected to be very bland.
>>
>>376847910
No one as annoying as Yosuke so it's a huge improvement.
>>
>>376850281
Ran out of space, but I did want to mention that the female characters this time are so cookie cutter it hurts. They come across as factory made waifu bait characters. They are likable, but are designed to be likable. They all are virtually flawless where it matters and are painfully loyal. For Haru she has potential and it feels more like she just wasn't around enough to open up. For Makoto especially though you can tell she is designed from head to toe to just be a waifu character. She is one of the most Mary Sue characters I've ever seen.

That doesn't mean I didn't like them. They were engineered for me to like them and I find that a little unsettling, not to mention it makes them a lot more boring. That being said I think people shit on Ann too hard. I like that she, like Yukiko, are just down to earth simple characters that don't have overly defining quirks to them. I feel like I've known many people in my life just like them so I have no issue with either of them at all.

Social links are the worst in P5 for sure. Almost all the confidants are pointless and uninteresting. The first level up will tell you 99% of what you need to know about that character, and the rest is just filler until you change the heart of whoever is oppressing them. There's no actual development and it all comes across as last minute inclusions into the game. It's a shame too because I like a lot of them, especially Kawakami and the politician (I can never remember his name)
>>
>>376850281
>>376850612
Literally stopped reading at the Tales mention.
If you think those game's stories are remotely on the same level your opinion is invalid.
>>
I wonder how Akechi will be handled in Persona Q 2.
>>
>there are people in this thread that legitimately dislike ryuji and morgana
>>
Terrible cast to be honest. Yusuke, Makoto, and Futaba are 3 characters who show up and immediately threaten to call law enforcement unless you do what they ask. Akechi does the same essentially but he hardly counts as a member. They suck as a group and plot demands they be friends so the asshole behavior is ignored immediately, especially Makoto's. Inb4 waifu defense force. Being related to Sojiro would give Futaba a pass but she is easily the worst character/plot device in persona 5 for the story being so poorly conceived you had to lazily write in a 13 year old hacker using tech magic to facilitate the heroes winning.

>>376850612
>They are likable, but are designed to be likable.

I like when Anne just blatantly mentions she never had a boyfriend to Sojiro because that's just the type of shit you say and isn't some sort of 4th wall destroying waifu pandering.
>>
>>376847910
didn't like the main cast as much as 3/4, but I liked the non-party social links WAY more in p5 than the other games
>>
>>376851006
sucks to be them. I liked everybody in P5. If you hate anybody in the main cast you're gonna have a bad time in the inevitable spin offs and whatnot.
>>
File: 59977472_p0.jpg (2MB, 3629x2041px) Image search: [Google]
59977472_p0.jpg
2MB, 3629x2041px
>>376847910
The cast in P5 comes from a similar background (being the outcast in society's eyes) but particularly different from other Persona games, even the MC has more about himself in the beginning of the game. But the shared background is the bond connecting all of them together as the PT. It may be hard for some players to understand the cast's situation because of culture differences.
I can relate to most of the cast. They are well-grounded, good-willed teenagers growing up and getting shunned by society and going through lots of shit yet they don't follow bad influences. Each one has a life yet still dedicates himself/herself to the PT since that's their 2nd home. Like family and friends turning from strangers. I like that. It's a positive picture in a bleak setting.
The banters are the wonderful part of characters' interactions. I don't need excessive cliched "SoL" events to humor me (I read manga for those things) but relatable, down-to-earth small talks in between plot texts. They are teenagers in modern society, obviously texting by phone is the norm.
And Yusuke's one of the most "amusing" characters in Megaten.
>>
Yusuke is unironically the best character.

The way he acts is 100% consistent and perfectly realized for how eccentric he is as a character.
>>
>>376847910
It was better as the idiot gang. Ryuji as the dumb muscle, Ann as the bimbo, and Yusuke as autist, with the cat being the smart one. After you started adding more characters, less fun situations happened and there just wasn't as much humor. The hanging out kind of just languished.
>>
>>376850879
But I never said their stories are even remotely similar. I just compared the way both parties respect (or lack of respect) each character within the party. The dialogue in both games is composed almost entirely of infighting and bickering, with resolutions only coming across after long bouts of arguing. And the difference with Abyss is that it was actually well written and the characters actually have a reason to be hostile toward each other.
>>
>>376851020
Yeah them making sure Ann was a pure maiden was forced, but it is typical Japanese shit. Besides little things like that she comes across as a realistic depiction of an attractive female teenager.
>>
>>376847910
The smoke hasn't even cleared for P4 yet, what the fuck makes you think it has for P5?
>>
If the entire game was just MC, Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana it would have been God Tier. Things fell apart with Makoto, and then the shittiest character ever made by Atlus, Haru, puts the nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1493926410897.jpg (532KB, 3134x2402px) Image search: [Google]
1493926410897.jpg
532KB, 3134x2402px
Accurate depiction of the party.
>>
>>376854682
Haru is so inoffensive how can you even say that? The game takes a nosedive with her introduction, but it is at no fault to her. It is completely the fault of the writers and the people who designed that Palace.
>>
>>376854480
You clear the smoke at the end of P4 actually.
>>
>>376847910
Only one that stuck out was Futa and Yusuke.
A good chunk of the cast seems like retread of prior characters.
>>
>>376855152
Futaba's a retread of a character in like 75% of JRPGs
>>
>>376847910
They're all pretty tolerable except for Futaba. if I could take a dumb meming autist out of the game , it would be her.
>>
File: 1479890916569.jpg (65KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1479890916569.jpg
65KB, 499x498px
>>376850879
Kek literally tell me how Persona and Tales don't have the same level of garbage stories and casts.

Kek Personacucks actually think they're in the well written tier of JRPG'S like Akechi isn't the most terribly written antagonist of the year.
>>
>>376847910
Not as good as 4's, better than 3's, about on par with 2's, much better than 1's.
>>
>>376847910
Much better than 4's. On par with 3's.

They needed more bantz in the the main story though. Not 'Crossdressing Beauty Pageant lmao!' but fill some of those group texts with some of the Mementos banter where people can actually see it.
>>
>>376856331
>On par with 3's.

Hahaha

Not with that velvet room talk.
>>
>>376855472
>Look at me, speaking in memes and hating the thing I like, aren't I cool.
lmao @ ur life
>>
>>376856331
>implying 3's cast was good
It was carried hard by a handful of memorable characters, but otherwise full of completely uninteresting ones. P4 and 5 did a much better job of making every character interesting.
>>
>>376856506
>retards pretending persona isn't generic shounen shit like taleshit
>>
File: 1468705017023.png (129KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468705017023.png
129KB, 800x800px
>>376856456
>Not with that velvet room talk.
Why the fuck was *that* part of all parts not fucking fully voiced?
>>
>>376856650
4 and 5's cast were braindead retards that's entire life and decisions are based on the blank state MC

3 was the only Nu-Persona to have menbers develop in the main story while the others later stayed static and even worse in 5 where they get new characters who do nothing notworthy in the story
>>
Having only played 4 and 5, they felt much more like actual people in 5. 4's characters feel much more tropey in retrospect and depend a little too much on the MC for emotional support.

They do need more group events, though.
>>
>>376857032
P5's cast has shit to do, they don't have to "wait until the killer makes his next move" or whatever.
So there's no time for fun and games, at least until the rerelease shoehorns them in.
>>
>>376857265
Still they could have expanded on the group events we had instead of cutting corners.

>Don't rain out the fire work festival
>Actually have Operation Babehunt with text and playable
>Give us a couple scenes at Destinyland of the group hanging out. We only see the aftermath of that.
>Something fun at the school festival instead of just talking about work.
>>
>>376847910
Digital Devil Saga best persona cast
>>
>>376857265
The game actually did a great job sticking to its theme throughout (much more so than 4) which I really appreciated.

Still, there's never a bad time for bants.
>>
>>376857814
Still waiting for a complete compilation of all Mementos banter. Some of those were fantastic.
https://youtu.be/3JYOukfUOgM
>>
>>376857814
>good job to sticking to its theme
>the "Phantom Thieves" stopped trying to steal treasure after the 2nd palace
>>
>>376857505
I'd be happier if the group hung out for something that wasn't PT related. They mentioned they stood out at school for being an odd group but they're never together at school.

I liked 4's more as a group because they had better chemistry and 3 was great because it wasn't friendship is magic but more like coworkers. 5 has the best characters individually though.
>>
>>376847910
They lack personality as a group. Individually they start strong and then they go nowhere.

The most infuriating part is that their banter in Mementos is quite good but almost never explored elsewhere.

Still I like them more than 3 and just a little below 4. Yusuke is by far the best character of the main cast.
>>
>>376858079
Take a shot every time Yusuke says "ascertain"
>>
>>376847910
3 > 5 > 2 > 4
>>
File: hmm.png (1MB, 1505x720px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
1MB, 1505x720px
>>376847910
>a heart fits perfectly around me and my wife
really makes you think.
>>
>>376858434
>A bit fo Makoto and half of Futaba slide into the heart
What did this faggot mean by this?
>>
>>376856456
>>376856741
what are you guys referring to?
>>
>>376858530
i love them too (futaba as a sister)
>>
>>376858829
I think when you unlock all the cast's cell doors in the velvet room after Yaldy makes them disappear. Joker and each cast member have a heart to heart.
>>
>>376858251
No. I don't wanna die yet
>>
>>376847910
lmao what the fuck kind of group of friends has 4 women

persona is unrealistic
>>
>>376858829
When the team was in the velvet room and the MC had to "convince" the party to fight. Shit was terrible
>>
>>376850879
>this jrpg trash is better than that jrpg trash!
nope they're both garbage but fun
>>
>>376858979
>>376859085
oh shit yeah, that was fucking weird
>>
File: p3ff.jpg (161KB, 400x1057px) Image search: [Google]
p3ff.jpg
161KB, 400x1057px
4 and 5 don't have anyone that tops Junpei, Akihiko and Mitsuru for me. I liked 5's party more than 4's overall, but I think Ryuji and Haru felt bland to me because I kept comparing them to Junpei and Mitsuru. Although Haru is more like opposite Mitsuru than the same archetype.
>>
Ryuji felt like more of a friend than Junpei and Yosuke ever was. He may have been dumber than both, but at least he wasn't a shithead like Yosuke.
>>
File: 1491600475164.png (202KB, 635x541px) Image search: [Google]
1491600475164.png
202KB, 635x541px
>>376858434
>calling a cartoon your wife
>>
File: 00502.jpg (514KB, 1349x906px) Image search: [Google]
00502.jpg
514KB, 1349x906px
>>376858079
>They lack personality as a group
What are you smoking, the Phantom Thieves have much more personality than SEES and the "Investigation Team"
We actually see through the gale how the Phantom Thieves began, grew big, then their eventual fall and revival, and their end.
If anything the Phantom Thieves are the real main character of this game, the one we see the most and in most detail
>>
>>376859472
Ryuji is a terrible friend.

Loudmouth dumb fuck that won't shut up. Junpei was cooler by the end
>>
>>376859634
Junpei did nothing besides bitch about Chidori for the later half of the game. Did he and Door-kun even hang out? I don't remember anybody even talking to him.
>>
File: 1386121966331.jpg (96KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
1386121966331.jpg
96KB, 944x712px
>>376859569
>>
>>376859598
Kek by the time you have all the members its end game

There was no team development as a whole.
>>
Are there alternate endings for when you run out of time to complete a dungeon?
>>
P5 was much better about making your "right hand man" character not be annoying comic relief like Junpei and Yosuke. He was generally much more likable than those two, which already for me made the P5 cast seem much better.
>>
>>376859696
Yeah he never bitches to you constantly that's why he's cooler. They hang out anyways don't know why you think he avoided him every day
>>
Best mask

http://www.strawpoll.me/12959984
>>
>>376859884
>Ryuji more likable than Junpei
>>
I haven't played 1 and 2, but I much prefer them to 3 and 4's cast. The only character I ever cared about in 3 was Junpei, the rest of them I just didn't feel strongly one way or the other, and the P4 cast was really hit or miss. Meanwhile, I liked all of the P5 cast, even if I liked some more than others. I do thin they could have used one or two more group bonding events in the story, but I disagree with the idea that they had no group dynamic. Even if they were mostly business, when they were just having fun they bounced off each other just fine and the same goes for in Mementos and in the group chat. They show that they can have that dynamic, but the only time where they really bounce off each other as a group is in the texts, which just feels a little impersonal, and a couple of group events would have alleviated that. I could also believe that the group were actually friends with each other rather than just being friends with Joker, which wasn't a problem in P3, but it was in P4, where only Chie and Yukiko felt like they had a good relationship.
>>
>>376859779
Police confront you based on whatever issue came up related to palace.
Cut back to interrogation room, Sae thinks you're talking nonsense because of drugs, and then Goro just caps you in the head.
>>
>>376860494
Hashino said that he was aware how the group texting removed the sense of bonding of the party, but he still decided to go with it because that's how Japanese youngs interact nowadays.
Also the game is long enough without these filler events, it's not like the cast is completly unfriendly towards each other like P3
>>
>>376861141
I am glad that the texting in is there, because it is true to life, allows for more character interaction and in a place like Tokyo, the characters can't exactly just walk across the street to see each other. And I wouldn't want an abundance of those filler events, but I think one or two would have been nice.
>>
>>376860032
Thank you for green-texting a fact stated in my post
>>
>>376857814
4 barely even had a central theme, which was one of the biggest step downs going from 3 to 4. I was glad to see 5 was a return to form in that regard.
>>
>>376861657
b-but muh truth
>>
I legit don't know how anyone can like the cast, maybe one or 2 like Yusuke but the rest are extremely forgettable
>>
>>376862224
That sucks for you
>>
>>376861657
It did though.
3: Life is worth living, even through all the bullshit we have to put up with
4: It's better to know the truth, even if it's something we'd rather not know
5: Fuck the rules, do what's right
>>
>before makoto
Pretty good start
>after makoto
Worse than P4.
>>
File: 1494600359145.jpg (121KB, 540x697px) Image search: [Google]
1494600359145.jpg
121KB, 540x697px
>>
File: 1494623011476.png (95KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494623011476.png
95KB, 512x512px
>>
The cast is the best but I wish it they as much interaction as the cast in 4. I feel like the ones that are there are cut short.
>>
>>376862537
This was so stupid but it made me laugh so hard.

I love Yusuke.
>>
>>376862807
>In P4, the only member the group doesn't spend a considerable amount of time with is Naoto, and even then you get the school festival with her, as well as the ski trip in Golden
>The only thing that's really like that in P5 are the new member celebrations, all of which are fairly brief, the beach, the trip to Hawaii, in which the cast just complains the entire time that they're doing the same stuff they do back in Shibuya, and Futaba and Morgana aren't even there, and the school festival, which serves little purpose other than to give the cast a reason to team up with Akechi
>>
>>376862361
I know it had a theme, but it was poorly handled, especially relative to P3 and 5. In those games, the them comes through in almost every aspect of the game,even the way they summon Personas in 3 and 5 relates to the games themes, but the theme of Truth is much less prevalent in 4. There's even an interview where they discuss the making of P4 and mention how P3 was built around the them and not doing that with P4 made it much more difficult to make, which is probably why they went back to building the game around the theme again in 5.
>>
Another unbalanced cast where 2 out of 8 do shit outside their arcs
>>
They're good. P1's cast is still my favorite, but P5's is great. Here's hoping they don't spend ten years milking this game and causing me to sour on it like they did with P4.
>>
File: what a cutey.gif (529KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what a cutey.gif
529KB, 480x360px
Damn I forgot how much there was in comparison to 5. It's such a shame.
>delayed 3+ years
>>
File: _20170425_015143.jpg (8KB, 146x199px) Image search: [Google]
_20170425_015143.jpg
8KB, 146x199px
>>376863469
>P1
>>
>>376847910
P2 still has the best cast but 5 is a distant second. Wouldn't mind seeing them again.
>>
>>376863613
Whenever i feel bad about that awkward phase i had in high school i just remember how bad P1's character portraits were
>>
>>376863562
I think if it's your first Persona game and didn't touch the others, it'd be amazing, but most of us have at least played one or two others in the series, so there's comparisons to be made with parts of the story and the cast of characters.
At least Persona 5's side characters (Yoshida, Kawakami, etc.) are pretty much all better than their P4 counterparts, except for maybe Ohya, who not only is annoying, but also useless in what she provides you.
>>
>>376862807
wait for crimson senpai
>>
Better than 4's and only just better than 3's because 3 has a couple of unlikable characters.
>>
File: unf.png (215KB, 313x750px) Image search: [Google]
unf.png
215KB, 313x750px
>>376863194
>>376863928
>mfw they'll make a golden equivalent for p5
>It adds more group character interactions
>im enough of a sucker to buy it just for that
>>
File: 1482222963332.png (229KB, 486x613px) Image search: [Google]
1482222963332.png
229KB, 486x613px
>>376863842
>I think if it's your first Persona game and didn't touch the others, it'd be amazing
You can say this about any of them, though they're just unique games so having it be your first one is going to add some value to it. That said, having played the other ones before P5, I still think it's by far the best entry in the series.
>>
I rate P4 higher because they weren't disgusting apologists like P5 telling a murderer to join their team

Like no joke, why would you want to be near a guy who murdered your mom for some retarded shit?
>>
>>376864395
Yeah it was pretty bizarre how fast it they were willing to throw the water under the bridge.
>>
>>376854794
>Bakugo, Iida, and Hatsume sent to a completely different series as punishment for outshining the rest of the HeroAca cast.jpg
>>
>>376847910
I actually liked it because they didn't act like "WE MEET A DAYS AGO BUT WE ARE BEZT FRIENDS!" type of bullshit, which is why I hated P4 cast
>>
>>376864205
>though they're just unique game

not really, 3-5 follow the same structure and a lot of characters are just rehashed versions between them with
>>
I think I'm kinda bothered by the fact that you never got to see any of the casts shadows like in P4, the way they're antagonistic and basically reveal the person's true thoughts and feelings in front of everyone. I get that accepting your true self wasn't the theme, but I dunno.
>>
>>376847910
The cast is the only thing in P3 that I enjoy more than in P5. Never played P4.

This doesn't mean P5's cast is bad. It's great.

Ann is kinda simple. Just a pretty face and a pretty body.
Morgana should not exist.
Ryuji is cool, but not as cool as DA MAN.
Makoto and Yusuke are great, minor being kinda dumb at times, specially Yusuke.
Futaba is awesome.
Haru is ok.
Akechi is... Ok, I guess...

but seriously Morgana, fuck you. You just exist to insult Ryuji and to tell me to go to sleep. Do you also want to clean my ass when I take a shit!?

inb4 someone gets aroused by that idea

Kawakami best wife
>>
>>376864395
They were just telling him they have the same goals so he can either help them or get out of their way. They felt bad for him because he was a victim f similar circumstances as them, but they didn't forgive him, Ryuji starts shit talking him right after you get out of the dungeon even though he's dead.

>>376864708
What other JRPGs all tkae place in one location? What other JRPGs have a calendar system and time management as you play over the in-game year? I'm not saying that veer last bit of them is completely original, but there are no games formatted like them, not that I know of.
>>
>>376847910
Far better than 4 not as good as 3 do to the lack of awakening their own ultimate personas during the plot (with the exception of the fucking cat I guess).

I like that the Joker dick sucking is keep at a minimum.
>>
File: 1494460204528m.jpg (89KB, 1024x561px) Image search: [Google]
1494460204528m.jpg
89KB, 1024x561px
>>376864395
Forgiving Akechi is how abusive relationships start. The piece of shit killed probably over 80 people (subway incident), Futaba's mom, Haru's dad and intended to kill Joker. I feel bad for him but it's more like a residual, vestigial sympathy that just forms from habit. The dumbass was so invested into his anger that he stopped thinking about what he was doing.
>>
>>376850993
If they channel the memes like they did with Chie and steak, he'll be obsessed with breakfast foods, particularly pancakes.
>>
>>376865218
Isn't there a page from a manga somewhere about somebody dropping pancakes on him?

This shits already fucking begun. There's no way they learned their lesson from Q.
>>
>>376848530
>>376849220
>haru, futaba and Akechi are all great
What?
Haru could've been removed from the game entirely and almost nothing would've changed. She felt completely pointless and underdeveloped because she came in so late.
>>
>>376851006
>morgana

Need to apologize more wen he came back.
>>
File: 1494070102589.gif (2MB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494070102589.gif
2MB, 700x700px
>>376865350
I don't think that's from an official manga, it's just by a fan.
>>
>>376850281
I actually agree. I have no idea why they gave him the cartoon mascot look ( well aside from the obvious reason to sell toys ), when they had Koromaru as a normal dog summonining Personas just fine.
>>
>>376847910
they are all thin white and have very sharp chins
>>
>>376864960
>They were just telling him they have the same goals so he can either help them or get out of their

Yeah that's where they could have said "you could have been one of us legit" but tell him to go fuck himself since they don't need him or planned to use him to beat shido. Can you honestly be comfortable with a guy who destroyed your family and life by your side? That's why i didn't get man, no one said "fuck that" when getting akechi to join was brought up.
>>
>>376864960
He gets killed off right away so it doesn't happen, but he would have created a shit ton of friction if he rejoined. I can't imagine Haru being okay with him now, Ryuji definitely wouldn't be, and you can just imagine Futaba's reaction the moment she learns that Akechi was the one who murdered her mother.

It was probably for the best, because he would have been too big of a distraction during the battle against Shido. Not to mention that he didn't even deserve the pleasure of getting what he wanted in the first place.
>>
>>376859440
>that picture

so like AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?
>>
>>376864960
>What other JRPGs all tkae place in one location? What other JRPGs have a calendar system and time management as you play over the in-game year?

I'm saying it's not unique when you've already played the previous ones since it's the same shit at the core
>>
>>376865491
What about that sadistic Makoto one? Or Joker praising Kawakami, I was under the impression those all came from the same place.
>>
>>376865660
They simply don't need him, made no sense to kill your current team chemistry by having that faggot in the team anyways
>>
>>376859769
>kek the only development that should happen is the team fucking around
>>
>>376865638
>>376865660
It probably would have created friction, though I think the idea was that they sympathized with him enough that they were willing to allow him to at least get back at the one who put him in that situation. I just wanted to clarify that thy hadn't just been welcoming him with open arms because some people seem to think they had just completely forgiven him for all of his crimes there.

>>376865909
And I'm saying that the games are unique so the first one you play will be special because you will have never played anything like it before. What started the conversation was that guy saying that P5 will be amazing if it's your first one, but that can be said of any of them because it will be your first time playing something so unique.

>>376865907
They're all from the same anthologies, but I don't think they're official. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>376865907

I thought Chie and steak was also just a joke fans ran with because of how absurd the delivery was, both in English and Japanese.

They doubled down on it with the spin-off games officially.
>>
>>376862426
Fuck off Hifumi fag
>>
>>376866205
Meant to reply to this >>376865758
>>
Anyone else only like kanji of the P4 cast?
>>
>>376862426

Hating Makoto is hating Mitsuru and Naoto.

Go play shogi at church.
>>
>>376866205
The anthology manga is published by atlus, but I don't think any of the writers were from the game.
>>
>>376848841
No. That's exactly why they were better.
>>
>>376851006
>loud idiot who never shuts the fuck up
>cartoon toy selling cat who threw a fit and tried to run the team over because not everyone wanted to go after burger king and because the guy he had been shitting on for 6 months called him useless once offhandedly
>>
>>376866310
I like the whole cast. "Muh Kanj" Seriously lol fuck off you fucking retard. Why are people on 4chan so incapable of forming their own opinion?
>>
File: 1494388909746.jpg (52KB, 556x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494388909746.jpg
52KB, 556x500px
I love that Yusuke lives in his own little reality where he's normal

I love that Futaba has actual brain problems and you can only help her improve/deal with them but not fix them because that shit actually never goes away.
>>
>>376848127
>p1 was overrated

how the fuck is it overrated? It set the franchise with the psychotic story elements, had various characters that reappeared in 2 that have matured (which is part of the franchise's theme as well), and has a kickass soundtrack (both of them).

The game sucks though, gameplay wise and fusion wise, the story is alright, but you have to respect it for what it did. Much like Final Fantasy 1 and Dragon Quest 1
>>
>>376866205
>I just wanted to clarify that thy hadn't just been welcoming him with open arms

That's the thing though, no one really objected when him joining was brought up
>>
>>376865350
Anthology.
Joke manga. Chapter when the boys+Mishima hung out at one of those cafes. Goro was there also as a visitor but was unrelated.
>>
>>376866540
But is it "official" or not? Whether or not it's canon or a joke doesn't really effect it, I'm just wondering if Atlus is aware of the pancakes meme.
>>
>>376866447
I know, but that doesn't mean they forgave him for his crimes. They sympathized with him enough that they were willing to let him help, but the way they talk about him right afterwards shows that they still didn't forgive him, they just understood where he was coming from.
>>
File: latest[1].png (736KB, 836x1348px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
736KB, 836x1348px
>Rewatching Hiimdaisy Persona 4
>Completely forgot that the Shrine Fox was an S Link
>>
>>376866657
I probably dunno how to verify but since it's published and sold, I guess Atlus backed the creation.
They probably know, I mean similar things happened with cabbage man between P4 and Golden
>>
>>376866836
She hung out with you at the food court and everything. How could you forget?
>>
Cast was okay, even though I felt only Ann/Ryuji and Yusuke/Futaba had chemistry between them. Any other interactions were nonexistant. It almost felt like if mc dissapeared than whole group would just disband on the whim and never get in touch again.
I also have lots of questions to the overall pacing of the game (like that moment where they tell you 3 fucking times how great their plan was).
>>
File: Mako butt.png (410KB, 637x635px) Image search: [Google]
Mako butt.png
410KB, 637x635px
Now that the ass has assed.
>>
File: 1494450574835m.jpg (68KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494450574835m.jpg
68KB, 768x1024px
>>376867480
Literally wife material
>>
>>376867209
Because he's useless and I never gave that jew my money
>>
>>376847910
They're probably the least memorable cast.
>>
File: p5 suffering.png (71KB, 684x407px) Image search: [Google]
p5 suffering.png
71KB, 684x407px
>>376867608
>>376867480
>>
>>376867608
>refuses to face her problems and hides behinds the backs of her new 'friends'
>wants to use you to show off
>a childish attitude towards life in general
>doesn't even use her brains properly, meaning her only good asset is her body
Yeah, no.
>>
>>376866836
ALL YO YENS YIP YIP YAP
>>
>>376867918
Do all of us a favor and stop spamming your shitty copypasta in all of these threads.
>>
>>376867918
>>376867921
So that's where you were hiding. No Hifumi thread that dies without even reaching 200 posts over 6 hours to be in?
>>
>>376868139
I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
I chose Kawakami on my first playthrough and will do so on the second one.
Haru and Tae are second and third.
Makoto was top choice before playing game but her social link was so shity that I didn't even bother.
>>
>>376847910
main cast is cool, trapped in a shitty plot
>>
>>376868348
Other way round

Main cast are the very reason why the premise/plot was ruined.

Dumb fucks with a boring motive
>>
File: 1492985583331.jpg (172KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492985583331.jpg
172KB, 1440x1080px
I'm playing Persona 3 again immediately after finishing P5 twice and let me tell you some things that bother me.
In P5:
>Characters run around the field and will even run up to the enemy to attack instead of teleporting.
>All Personas summoned for allies and you will move into the enemy to attack for physical attacks. In P5 they just stand behind you and do a motion and the flashy effect happens on the enemy like all physicals are magic.
>The camera consistently moves to keep everything you need to see in view.
>Opening battle menus doesn't obscure much.
>Changing personas will first let you see a list of the personas you have and you can choose to open their status screens. In P5 you're immediately shoved into the status screen and have to cycle through ALL of them to get the one you want.
>The main character can equip all types of weapons.
That's all for now.
For a game that came after P3 and P4, P5 only looks great because of the menus and updated graphics. Somehow they went backwards on most things related to battle.
>>
File: a bun in the oven.jpg (216KB, 800x763px) Image search: [Google]
a bun in the oven.jpg
216KB, 800x763px
>>376869143
I meant "In P3" at the top. Oops.
>>
>>376869143
>pushing a shoulder button instead of a list.
>in a game that has a "find the weakness" skill autobutton
wtf.
>>
>>376869143
>>All Personas summoned for allies and you will move into the enemy to attack for physical attacks. In P5 they just stand behind you and do a motion and the flashy effect happens on the enemy like all physicals are magic.

That saves time in P5's case though. Anything that makes battles not take as long, is welcome in my book.
>>
>>376869348
Then you may as well play a game that doesn't have graphics at all.
It saves about a quarter of a second of time to make personas appear between you and the enemy while doing a physical attack.
>>
>>376869296
>Constantly tapping the find the weakness autobutton
>Multiple personas have a weakness skill.
>Get a persona on accident that the enemy can fuck up with their own attack.
After the first time that nearly got me a game over I've never used it again.
>>
>>376864395
It's bad writing to be honest. Goro's character all over the place and Atlus didn't know what to do with him. Tragic villain? Crazy sociopath like Adachi? Atlus just shoehorned both of those in one place so it make the scene awkward.

Just wait for the spinoff and maybe they are given a chance to fix Goro's character.
>>
>>376853650

this

I was honestly surprised by how much I enjoyed his character
>>
>>376847910
Better than 4 at least. It's been too long since I've played 3 so I can't really compare to it.
>>
>>376871070
>Just wait for the spinoff and maybe they are given a chance to fix Goro's character.

>yfw they make Goro into dindu nuffin and completely change his character because his murderous and sociopathic personality is a result of a fucked up brainwash.
>>
What's exactly the point of comparing those games ? They are literally made by the same studio, the same team, the same person
Those games are so similar any comparaison will be about small details nobody cares about
>>
>>376871773
like comparing souls games
or monster hunters
or devil may cry 3/4
or cawadoody
or final fantasies
or pokemons
>>
>>376866431
>various characters that reappeared in 2 that have matured (which is part of the franchise's theme as well)

I would kill for them to be more blatant about presenting the futures of previous casts, but not in the way Arena did it. Something about that just really rubbed me wrong.
>>
>>376862783

Yusuke doesn't have autism, I don't think- he just had a weird sheltered upbringing where he was raised in an artist commune by a rich guy. He never really got close to non-artist people until joining the thieves and thus never really learned what normal is.

Futaba, on the other hand, is definitely somewhere on the high-functioning part of the spectrum. A lot of her issues stem more from the PTSD, but from what you hear of her life before her mother died she was clearly "different" even before that.
>>
>>376872849
Arena just felt extreme disingenuous. The fact it was a fighting game probably bothered me, too.
>>
>>376847910
Best cast.
>>
File: 59100108_p0.jpg (190KB, 700x850px) Image search: [Google]
59100108_p0.jpg
190KB, 700x850px
>>376868084
I made the original one and only reposted it once then this guy started spamming it in every single goddamn thread. Same happened with the Sae one.
>>
File: 1232394471397.jpg (97KB, 407x258px) Image search: [Google]
1232394471397.jpg
97KB, 407x258px
>>376867608
I want to have pre marital consensual missionary sex with her! full of eye contact and hand holding!
>>
P3 and P4 were better. Koromaru was based since he was just a regular dog and aigis was pushed as the mascot of the game. Teddie being a horn dog and wanting to dick everyone was funny, and we have BASED yosuke who took teddie in so he didn't have to tell the protag everything. Yosuke is the best magician friend just for that. I hate morganas design, i hate cats, i fucking hate cats, i hate his attitude, i hate his bitchiness in september, i hate his name, and i hate how he tells you what you can and cant do.
>>
>>376873619
P4 sucks ass tho.
>>
>>376873619
>Teddie was funny
No.
>>
>>376850612
>>376850281
I think they pander over Morgana way more.

Once you suppose "died", they seemed happy but not as much as when they meet Morgana after he dies.
I mean fuck, you literally get injected with God knows what and beaten up almost to death and the stupid cat is still alive but still supposed "invisible". Hate to rant, but it pissed me off when the stupid cat steals the spotlight once you come back from juvie.
>>
>>376871773

everyone knows that but we have to have threads every so often comparing the casts of each game or the balance of the cosmos will be out of whack
>>
>>376871773
Because there can only ever be one good game in a series, the rest are clearly dog shit.
>>
>>376869143
>I refuse
Again with these jojo references.
>>
>>376874665
Let's be honest, P4 is the only good game in the series.
>>
File: 1494381875621.jpg (613KB, 1194x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1494381875621.jpg
613KB, 1194x1376px
>>376847910
How is he getting redeemed?
>>
File: Laughing_sluts.jpg (342KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_sluts.jpg
342KB, 600x719px
>>376874887
>>
>>376875065
>actual challenging boss battles that aren't crippled by special orders
>better cast dynamic
>more fun events
>less tedious dungeons
>more higher quality overworld themes
>more free time
>better antagonist
>a more relaxed setting to get lost in
>an MC that doesn't look like a faggot
>a true ending that actually requires some thinking to achieve
It doesn't take a genius to see the better game
>>
File: 1488397475109.jpg (95KB, 574x695px) Image search: [Google]
1488397475109.jpg
95KB, 574x695px
Persona 5 cast is the best in my opnion cause they calm off as the most balanced. P3 cast was great but they always came off as downers and depressed which makes since the about of deaths of there loved ones they had to deal with. P4 cast is fine but they come off as way too quirky and are just way too happy. Despite the fact theres a killer on the loose they still find time to go out to karaoke and have omelette making constests. It's like the P4 cast is specifically geared towards frendless losers. P5 the characters go through a lot of rough shit like the P3 cast yet they still can have fun and chill like the P4 cast.
>>
>>376847910
Superior to 4s in every way. And slightly better than 3's except for junpei and akihiko. Also gameplay wise it's the best in the series and it has the best pacing and overall story. It's my favorite jrpg ever and top 3 games easily
>>
File: 1493957954523.jpg (27KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1493957954523.jpg
27KB, 500x353px
>>376875065
Would you kindly edit that file name?
>>
Makoto is top tier waifubait.
>>
File: 1493031662528.jpg (235KB, 1575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1493031662528.jpg
235KB, 1575x1575px
>>376875820
I don't see the problem then I want to marry this waifubait.
>>
>>376859779
>Kamoshida
You and Ryuji get expelled
>Madarame
Madarame presses charges against you
>Kaneshiro
Makoto is found drugged up at an "illegal services establishment" and you're taken in for questioning
>Futaba
Futaba kills herself, you get taken in for questioning and Sojiro gets taken for questioning by social services
>Okumura
Haru gets forced into an abusive marriage
>>
>>376876010
Don't forget Goro coming in to arrest you during Shido's. This can happen even after he dies, somehow.
>>
File: 1494645934264.png (421KB, 845x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494645934264.png
421KB, 845x800px
did he ever managed to Hold the line?
>>
>>376876119
because it's not actually what's happening, it's just a lie Joker is telling Sae
like all the other bad endings, losing the game doesn't mean any of it happened, just that joker lies to sae. otherwise how the hell would he be in that cell?
>>
>>376876346
Shido's dungeon isn't a flashback you dumb fuck. I bet you didn't even play the game.
>>
>>376876119

I feel like they should've saved the Goro fight for when you go to fight Shido if only for that.
>>
File: reading mango.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
reading mango.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>be Makoto Nijima
>having dinner with my sister
>ask her how her day was
>she gets up
>picks up my dinner plate and throws it against the wall
>she starts walking upstairs and tells me "clean this mess up before I come back down
>start cleaning up the food off the floor as fast as I can
>accidentally cut myself with one the broken shards of the ceramic plate
>start crying and try to go upstairs to get some peroxide and bandaids in the bathroom
>see my sister in the hallway laying down with a wine bottle in her hand
>"you'd have better finish cleaning up that mess I told you" she says in a slurrish voice
>"but sis I cut myself and need to disinfec-
>" I swear to god if you don't hurry up and clean that mess up,I will kick you out this house myself"
>start crying while heading down stairs and finsh cleaning up the mess with bloody hands
>leave the apartment to buy some bandaids at the 777 mart
>see joker in town walking with some other girl
>grab the nearest manga book I could find to hide the cuts on my hand
>can't help but follow Joker around
>he sees me stalking him and he asks what I'm doing
>I just make up some bullshit excuse while crying a little on the inside
>>
>>376876724
I think they assumed anyone who already went through that gigantic palace would want to send in the calling card ASAP
>>
File: 867468488.jpg (1MB, 1251x1698px) Image search: [Google]
867468488.jpg
1MB, 1251x1698px
>>376876850
>>
>bond with cunty prosecutor as she interrogates you
>gain power of friendship in the past
The fuck
>>
Why are the quatation marks fucked up?
>>
Why does everyone pretend the cast from P3 was good? They were fucking boring.
>>
File: 1494632351113.jpg (16KB, 314x368px) Image search: [Google]
1494632351113.jpg
16KB, 314x368px
>Rent every dvd in the store. Watch them all in the last week.
>Never return them.
>Move away from Tokyo.
Just try and stop me.
>>
>>376878367
You don't get the experience bonus until after the interrogation
>>
File: 1492808159084.png (494KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1492808159084.png
494KB, 1000x1333px
>>376873572
I want to teach Makoto things on foreplay.
>>
>>376847910
P3>P5>>>>>>>>>>pacman>>>>p4
>>
>>376847910
In terms of being competent

5>3>4

In terms of actually being friends and having good chemistry together

4>3>5
>>
File: justabaddream.png (22KB, 419x251px) Image search: [Google]
justabaddream.png
22KB, 419x251px
>>376867918
>>
>>376875418
Just stop. Not even trying faggot.
>>
>>376880758
Not an argument.

"less tedious dungeons" is total bullshit though
>>
File: 1493441636819.jpg (34KB, 699x275px) Image search: [Google]
1493441636819.jpg
34KB, 699x275px
>>376848139
>I thought they were at least gonna try to be edgier since it's a game about rebellion, but no
This desu, very disappointing they played it so safe with the main characters when they could've done so much more with them, for better or for worse. I mean at least it would've made them more different and memorable at the very worst.
>>
>>376859440
I don't think anything can top 3 just because of how interconnected the cast was.

Q really highlighted the difference between the approach of 3 and 4, those characters in 3 had depth and layers, they had complex relationships between each other. They felt resentment, guilt, and anger towards each other and it was a genuinely interesting journey to see how those conflicts resolved.

5 has great characters but I'd say its more akin to 4 than 3, although some characters like Makoto and Yusuke really elevate the game.
>>
>>376857265
>>>376857032
>they don't have to "wait until the killer makes his next move" or whatever.
Fucking half the game is spent waiting for people to have their "change of heart". There's far more down time in 5 than 3 or 4 ever had.
>>
File: 1493665723171.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493665723171.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
I love Haru!
>>
File: 1493428471848.jpg (23KB, 300x478px) Image search: [Google]
1493428471848.jpg
23KB, 300x478px
>>376884164
Me too
>>
Yusuke is great
its mostly an updated P3 cast otherwise
>>
File: fluffyhug.webm (119KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
fluffyhug.webm
119KB, 450x336px
>>376884236
I want to hold Haru tight and never let go.
>>
>>376848841
>MUH BANTER, MUH LIGHTHEARTED ROMANCE COMEDY, and MUH FRIENDS I NEVER HAD IRL.

Thats literally the only reason people play persona games. You included.
>>
>>376847910

Even though p4 is the worst game overall

>cast
p4>p3=p4
>>
>>376884423
There is no bitchy and cocky character like Yukari this time though.
>>
>>376884625
P4 is better than 3.
>>
File: 1462550396486.png (256KB, 792x738px) Image search: [Google]
1462550396486.png
256KB, 792x738px
They are some serious workaholics and talk about their job way too fucking much.
Every conversation they have somehow manages to circle back into "SO PHANTOM THIEVES HUH!?"
>>
>>376884787
Funny because when they're in mementos they never mention anything but the most mundane shit.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.