[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, I'm considering buying Prey. Is it worth it? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: prey.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
Hey /v/, I'm considering buying Prey. Is it worth it? I have money so the $60 doesn't mean that much.
>>
>>376846510
If you like immersive sims n shit, yeah. It's great as far as I'm concerned.

You can get it cheaper on Greenmangaming though.
>>
The game's good, but there's no need to spend 60 bucks. Even if you don't want to use stuff like cdkeys you can always buy it on GMG.
>>
>>376846510
Yes
>>
>>376846510
I thought the game fell apart half way through once you have tons of guns and aren't scared of anything.
>>
>>376846840
>>376846630
Oh boy you save $10 not having it on your steam library
>>
>>376847113
You get a steam key regardless of where you buy it, though.
>>
>>376847113
You activate the keys through steam, though. And I got a 20% discount.
>>
>>376846510
Yes, it's also the most well optimized AAA that's come out recently
>Under minimum reqs on a rig I haven't touched since 2012
>High settings are constant 60 fps
>Very high only has occasional drop to 50 when a lot of shit is going on
Like how the fuck did they manage it
>>
>>376847178
>>376847201
Well aren't I just a niggerfaggot then
>>
>>376846630
>>376846840
>>376847251
Thanks senpai, I just got it through GMG. I'm looking forward to it, I wasn't expecting much but it sounds better than it looked on previews.
>>
>>376846510
You can get it for like 48 on Greenman Gaming, I'm having fun with it.

>>376847251
It's not especially pretty and I crash every 4 hours or so.
>>
It's an excellent game, in a game that's actually been packed with great games it's easily one of the best.
>>
My only problem with the game is the enemy variety. Not sure why they didn't include human enemies, it gets boring fighting black shadows and robots after a while
>>
>>376849450
You must be an hour into it because there are human enemies. You probably haven't even encountered the Nightmare yet.
>>
>>376850306
Neat, I'm looking forward to that
>>
How much of a Bioshock clone is this?
>>
File: Cocaine Intelligence Unit.jpg (35KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cocaine Intelligence Unit.jpg
35KB, 295x300px
>>376846510
It's essentially System Shock taken into a more modern age. I just beat the game today, so I might as well give a quick run-down of what I thought.

The Good
>This is probably Arkane's best level design yet. Levels generally sprawl several vertical levels and there's quite a few different ways to get into areas if you're good at finding shit or creative with your powers
>The game's world is incredibly detailed. While it's not as varied as, say, Rapture, the space station feels incredibly lived in and is basically 100% something that NASA and the Soviet space program would make if they received infinite money from their countries, and it's neat how interconnected the lives of the NPCs can be.
>Gameplay is pretty tough and fun at the beginning, and rewards exploiting weaknesses via combos. Most of your weapons double as tools that can be used to get past obstacles; for instance, you can use the Recycler Grenade (which creates a singularity for a brief moment before detonating) to murder aliens, clear debris, and mash up bits of the scenery and even dead bodies to get resources.
>Pretty good sci-fi writing, where it explores scientific questions like the Fermi paradox rather than just using the sci-fi as meaningless wallpaper

The Bad
>Enemy variety is a little small compared to other games in this genre. Doesn't help that most enemies are too similar in terms of art design.
>The sound mixing is bad, and it does that cliche stuff modern games do where it drowns you in scare chords.
>Like most games in this genre, gets really easy the further in you go, and some of the powers are flat-out broken (such as Psychoshock).
>Later parts of the game have you back-track through the levels, and really cut down on enemy variety. Not as bad as other games since at least some things change, but still a little boring.
>The ending of the game is a cliff-hanger and the twist is not really set up well.

8/10, IMO. Probably will be a cult classic in the future.
>>
>>376851298
Roughly 0%. It's what Bioshock should have been, if you want to compare them.
>>
>>376851537

>Later parts of the game have you back-track through the levels, and really cut down on enemy variety. Not as bad as other games since at least some things change, but still a little boring.

I think it's fine except for the Dahl part. That was just terribly, terribly boring. Luckily it's only 30 mins.
>>
>>376851618
Now I'm torn. On one hand, I loved Bioshock so 0% is bad. On the other, what Bioshock "should have been" sounds tempting because the game could have been vastly improved with a few changes.
>>
>>376851935
You asked how hard it ripped off Bioshock. I'm saying it didn't, however if you asked why they are comparable I'd point out that they both are taking from the same source, and both were made by ex-Looking Glass people. I just think this one did it a hell of a lot better than Bioshock.

You didn't ask if they were similar, you asked how hard this ripped the other off.
>>
>>376846510
I was surprised by how non casual it was.
Even on normal this game does not hold your hand.
I say buy it. I got it yesterday and I'm loving it.
>>
File: Star-Fox-Zero-Arte-030.jpg (193KB, 940x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Fox-Zero-Arte-030.jpg
193KB, 940x1920px
>>376846510
hands off my prey!
>>
>>376851774
That shit was annoying as fuck but at least you could just fuck off somewhere while the drones killed all the typhon for you.
>>
>>376852223
>mimic the Military drones
>you're now invincible (except against turrets) and can laser burn everything to death
>>
>>376852598
I could have done that but i never went that far down the mimic tree. Probably should have just gone all in since the nightmare is going to show up no matter what and you only get to have 2 powers to avoid turrets shooting you.
>>
>>376846510
Yes.
>>
Prey is good shit. Actually felt like a habitual space station with a lot of freedom of movement and the crafting system fit well.

Still don't know why they needed the Prey name for it though.
>>
>>376854626
>Arkane is developing game
>Bethesda doesn't want to lose the trademark
>Bethesda asks if they want to use the name
>they accept
That's literally it. The game was never meant to have anything to do with the original game
>>
>>376854626
>>376854808
The name never bothered me too much, but I can't shake the feeling that it would've probably done a fair bit better as a SomethingShock. Neuro-, Psycho-? Doesn't matter. Prey does not only say jackshit about its lineage, but is also confusing for people who aren't informed.

Great game though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.