[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i check out FFXIV? never really played any mmos,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ffxivchoco.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxivchoco.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
should i check out FFXIV?
never really played any mmos, but it looks cool
>>
File: 1493907484966.jpg (113KB, 540x572px) Image search: [Google]
1493907484966.jpg
113KB, 540x572px
>>376843650
Fuck off Shill
>>
>>376843860
stop it
>>
Music is great, story is good except for some of the fetch-quests. Gameplay is pretty boring at first but is fun when it gets more difficult later on. Dont know if the endgame is any good but id say its worth a playthrough at the end of an expansion
>>
I played through all of a realm reborn and heavensward as if it was a single player JRPG with dungeons that make you form a party with other players.

I fucking loved it. Ended up spending well over 240 hours on it and enjoyed every minute. It's not perfect, but it's the best damn final fantasy game in well over 10 years

I highly recommend it for fans of JRPGs
>>
>>376843650
Go play the free trial, you got nothing to lose. If you like it, buy it. If you hate it, uninstall and move on with your life.
>>
I hate MMOs and I found it enjoyable.
>>
>>376845162
>>376845534
>>376845626
>>376845747
thanks i'll play the trial
>>
>>376843650
Monthly subscription required to play.
??
>>
>>376846128
>be me last year
>buy ffxiv complete with the free month subscription
>marathon that shit hardcore
>finish the main story of the base game and expansion in the first month
Pretty fun time 2bh man. Don't disregard it just cause of that
>>
Its a good mmo. Not for everyone since it takes time to actually get something out of it (most classes don't actually get good until level 30).

The story picks up after 1.0 but will catch you up to most events that happened. Its a good story for what it's worth but doesn't get good until the end of ARR into Heavensward were it becomes more akin to other final fantasy games. Most characters before HW are forgettable and not worth mentioning. If they come back in HW they get their characters changed to something actually worth paying attention to.

The music is fantastic and most areas are pretty good looking but, like the case with most mmos, you won't be spending much time in them outside of leveling and gathering.

Most players you run into are very friendly but you'll also run into standard fare of top percenters and people who speak another language.

Has a good amount of customization. A lot of good looking item sets to choose from to make your character look different enough from the next one but due to PS3 support some things are starting to look dated (support for the ps3 was just dropped this upcoming expansion though).

All in all a solid game to play if you're looking for something to spend a good amount of time on. If you like mmos you'll find a good amount of enjoyable experiences in ffxiv.
>>
>>376846323
I don't have income to waste on monthly stuff
already did that on w.o.w back then
>>
>>376846454
it's $13, even a poorfag like me can afford it. 43 cents per day, if that's too much for you then you got bigger problems than playing video games.
>>
>>376843650
Very recommended to all Final Fantasy fans, play it if you like the setting/aesthetics.
The gameplay starts a bit slow but gets better, the combat in particular. So if you like the trial you'll like the rest of the game.
>>
>>376843860
>>376846731
>>
The game is the definition of "it gets better after 100 hours". Levels 1-59 is like one big tutorial with how easy stuff is. Then at the level cap they bust your balls with the Extreme and Savage raids.

I didn't care much about the plot until Heavensward. That's when it picked up for me.
>>
>>376847418
fuck off bum. go play a P2W F2P MMO if you literally can't afford to drop $13 in a month.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.