[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Series promises 5 episodes >Only delivers on 2 of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: blues bullets series 2.jpg (58KB, 592x294px) Image search: [Google]
blues bullets series 2.jpg
58KB, 592x294px
>Series promises 5 episodes
>Only delivers on 2 of them
>Company goes under

Is this a failure of episodic content or the developers?
>>
episodic games are a universal failure
the only game that did it successfully was telltale and that's because they aren't even games
>>
File: tumblr_olxz61mHyt1rp9urko1_500.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olxz61mHyt1rp9urko1_500.gif
1MB, 480x272px
Actually it shows how triumphant they are.

People literally paid for a game that they knew was not only incomplete - but 1/5th the way.
>>
>>376835398
It's a failure of retarded consumers enabling terrible business practices.
>>
>>376835506
Hitman did great
>>
File: 1493680413795.png (11KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1493680413795.png
11KB, 307x462px
>>376835701
>Did great
>Publisher abandoned the developer
>>
>>376835398
>FF7 Remake finally releases its first episode
>reception is lukewarm, mostly because it such a small part of the game sold at full price
>"sales weren't what we were expecting so we decided not to release anymore episode"

I can't wait senpai
>>
File: dreamfall-chapters-0002.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dreamfall-chapters-0002.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>376835398
Problem with episodic format is it never really brought anything good to the player. In practice, it just means "we can invest minimum amount of time/money into initial development and get full price sales out of it on promise we'll complete it one day". Developers still take their fucking time to get episodes out as opposed to having a strict and regular schedule, which was the main point of episodic releases in the first place. Also notice Telltale away the ability to buy individual episodes and now you can just buy the the complete package, first episode which usually becomes free as part of "first taste is free" and ultimately you can get the season pass. They took individual episodes because they used to beholden them to actually delivering if they want to get paid.

In short yes, format is a failure that doesn't benefit the player at all.
>>
>>376835854
Profit margins, my boy. Publishers don't care how well the game did if it didn't meet their expectations, usually unrealistic ones.
>>
>>376836037
SEYMOUR
>>
>>376835625
Sauce?
>>
>>376836846
Kiara Mia.
>>
>>376835506
.Hack
>>
>>376836037
My problem with Telltale episodic content is that they always skimp out on the choices

Notice how in good WRPGs, choices have some negligible effect? Telltale games never do this.
>>
Inherent problem of episodic content.

Much like with preorders and season passes and shitstarter, you're buying an unfinished product, the promise of eventual quality delivery.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.