[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The best games of the 8th generation feature protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1494687984064.png (1MB, 1528x984px) Image search: [Google]
1494687984064.png
1MB, 1528x984px
>The best games of the 8th generation feature protagonists with ponytails
huh... really makes me think............
>>
File: 1467362569428.jpg (131KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
1467362569428.jpg
131KB, 528x297px
>every single one is a cinematic experience

Really joggin my noggin there anon.
>>
>>376831408

Literally none of those games are a "cinematic experience".
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>376831743

Consider that each one of them falls into one, if not all, of these issues.

>praised highly by the casuals who think games need to be "art"
>runs at 30 FPS or has a constantly shifting framerate (literally the only defense ever given for this was "it's more cinematic that way)
>being story heavy (having more than 30 minutes of cutscenes) alongside hours of dialogue
>>
>>376831925
all of those games are also accompanied by 50+ hours of pure gameplay retard
>>
>>376831925
>when you're praised by lots of people casuals will be there regardless of quality
>stop being poor
>stop having ADD
>>
>>376830843
I see you like ponytails
>>
>>376831925
You're so wrong and retarded on so many levels, that this is literally all I could write.
>>
File: Untitled.png (307KB, 643x551px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
307KB, 643x551px
>>376832304

Unfortunately that doesn't mean anything, as image related will show. Game time means nothing if it's nothing more than filler to get you to the cinematics.

>>376832315

>when you're praised by lots of people casuals will be there regardless of quality
Doesn't explain why casuals like it in the first place. We have confirmed collusions between game journos who will actively hate upon games unless they;re given incentive to give it high scores. They also only push artistic games, and will actively give hate for anything too "videogamey". Infact, this is why kotaku's review of Resident Evil wasn't even based off of gameplay, but rather by a reviewer watching a let's play.

>stop being poor
What the hell does this mean? Games like Zelda are hard coded to never even try and reach above 30 FPS.

>stop having ADD
It's considered ADD to want less story in a videogamey product?
>>
>>376831925
BoTW and MGSV are both games that are criticized for having virtually no story whatsoever. How can they be "cinematic"
>>
>>376831925
Zelda is literally gameplay. You cannot get any more gameplay than Zelda. Here's your (You). I hope nobody will be dumb enough to give you any more you contrarian, underage piece of human excrement.
>>
>>376831408
>>376831925
>zelda
>cinematic
>story-heavy

You didn't play the game.

>walking around a fucking moutain for half an hour to find a location for a memory
>20 second cutscene
>20 seconds

>literal hundreds hours of gameplay with 20 seconds as "reward"
>>
>>376832723

>BoTW and MGSV are both games that are criticized for having virtually no story whatsoever
That's because MGS is known for being 50 hours of story and maybe 5 minutes of gameplay. MGSV having less story doesn't make it any less of a cinematic movie-game.

>>376832815

>Zelda is literally gameplay.
Then explain the 2 hours of cutscenes and 50 hours of dialogue forced on you if even think of doing anything but rushing straight to Calamity Ganon. Any exploration you do is punished by shoving plot or NPCs on you, and you have to do a complex mishmash of weaving around certain areas of the map and avoiding civilization entirely so you're not bolted to the floor and talked to for hours on end just to do a fetch quest or listen to generic waifu character #45982. Don't even get me started on the memories. Yes, you can say it's all optional, but the problem with that is there's no incentive for them. If I only care about gameplay, this is nothing but clutter ruining my experience.
>>
File: 1494470981899.jpg (34KB, 947x846px) Image search: [Google]
1494470981899.jpg
34KB, 947x846px
>>376832997
(You)
>>
>>376832898
see>>376832997

Try 2 hours. 20 seconds is a meme. And like I say, why is exploration punished with shoving story in my face? Shouldn't I be rewarded for climbing a mountain, or fighting a bad guy? Making me watching a disgusting cutscene is the worst incentive you could offer. Might as well reward kids with a tetanus shot after they do their homework.
>>
>>376830843
The "I like videogames, what's a gameplay" starter pack.
>>
File: 5.png (508KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
508KB, 555x555px
>>376832997
>Then explain the 2 hours of cutscenes and 50 hours of dialogue forced on you
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>376833209
>5.jpg
>508kb
>Image even isn't changed
>>
>>376832997
What the fuck are you even talking about? No NPC rushes at you. No one tells you to do anything, you walk to them if you want to. Heck I avoided progressing through the plot and explored shit for countless hours before I went to the first dungeon, the game never forced me to do anything.

>>376833107
Memories are fucking short. At least most of thm, I have'nt got all of them yet, and yes it was literal 20 seconds, I was waiting for something to happen and the memory was already over. Don't have any idea what you're complaining about
>>
>>376833209
>>376833314

See: any moment you're forced to talk to an NPC to access content. If I could get to the sidequests without listening to obnoxious NPCs, it wouldn't be such a problem. But Zelda of all games shouldn't be doing this.

>Memories are fucking short
Anything over even one second is far from "short". This company should not be repeating the mistakes of the past and relying on disgusting cinematics. It's been 30 years since the original Zelda, and they're willingly making the exact same mistakes, and oftentimes going back on what worked and messing it up.
>>
>>376833674
This is advanced trolling.
>>
It's not a fucking "cinematic experience" if the gameplay to cutscenes ratio is 10:1, retard.
>>
>>376830843
Algorithm-based market research at work. Same reason why half of all released games have the meme cartoon style visuals.
>>
>>376833897
No anon, any dialogue whatsoever (unvoiced dialogue in a fucking TEXT BOX) is a CUTSCENE AND A CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE

Jesus Christ is every 2D Zelda game a cinematic experience too?
>>
>>376833897

It is if the gameplay is nothing more than filler between the cutscenes, which is watered down and casualized for the mainstream audience. And let's just say that, when even Jim Sterling can play and beat your game and still give it a positive review score, then you've severely screwed up.

>>376834118

>Jesus Christ is every 2D Zelda game a cinematic experience too?
Well, they could've all done with less dialogue. And don't even try to tell me that Ocarina of Time shouldn't have had skippable cutscenes.
>>
>>376834203
>filler between the cutscenes
>watered down and casualized for the mainstream audience

What the fuck does these buzzwords even mean? How the fuck do you make gameplay "filler"?

You're saying you put a fucking textbox or a a guy say something to you in a cutscene after hours of gameplay, that gameplay becomes suddenly filler to you?
>>
The best qualities of video games are, in descending order, atmosphere, gameplay, and story. Whichever game has all of these and does them well will be a great game.
>>
>>376831925
Yakuza 0 also runs pretty rock solid, anon. Dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>376834584

>How the fuck do you make gameplay "filler"?
When there's clearly no effort put into it. For example, take Zelda's weapon system. "they break for a reason! it's to make you think on your toes" or some garbage. Okay, fine. Here's the problem: you aren't instantly killed when you run out of weapons, and you never even run out of weapons to begin with, since they always throw more at you. It's a lazily slapped together feature that doesn't challenge you or make you think on your toes. It's there to be an annoyance and nothing more. If the gameplay was better optimized, you would be unable to pick up enemy weapons, unable to hold more than 2-3 at a trime, and the game would instant kill you the moment you exhausted your weapon. Otherwise you're not punishing the player enough for fooling around.

Also take into account Zelda's lax death mechanic, which shouldn't exist if there's not gonna be weight put behind it. What happens when you die? Nothing. Can't have a problematic "videogamey" element like death get between you and the cutscenes, after all.
>>
>>376830843
Only one has the full ponytail, all the others just have the tactical ponytail.
Any hair that could cover your eyes at any point must be tied back, the rest of the hair can hang loose.
Even then Venom has pussy bitch hair that isn't even that long
>>
>>376835403
>Only one has the full ponytail
who?
>>
>>376834118
>reading a book is a cinematic experience
lel
>>
>>376835486
Looks like geralt to me. All hair tied back
>>
>>376835486
Link and venoms ponytail is just the hair at the back/neck tied up. In wind it would go everywhere
>>
>>376836180
Nah that's just one of the haircuts, default has back hair hanging down.
As in, everything that's shaved in that pic is instead long and hanging free.
In yakuza though all the hair is tied back into one point, even the stuff that wouldn't get in his eye(s)
>>
>>376835134
So if you die, and you're put back near where you died, that's gameplay filler, but if you die and you're put half a mile away that's not filler?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.