[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Microsoft held Kamiya hostage for 4 years developing this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 29

>Microsoft held Kamiya hostage for 4 years developing this piece of shit.
>4 fucking years completely wasted of Kamiya and Platinum's time
>Regardless, literally nobody would have bought it because it wasn't a dudebro shooter

Unironically, there are still people who defend microsof/xbox, how?
>>
Kill yourself, Scalebound was going to save videogames.
>>
>>376829764
people would have bought it

on ps4
>>
File: sbd.jpg (336KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
sbd.jpg
336KB, 1200x675px
>>376830271
I would have bought it

on PC.
>>
>get paid for 4 years

Thats not exactly wasted time considering they never have to live with pressure if the game is shit or not.
>>
>Drakengard 4 made with Scalebound assets never
>>
>>376830369
>buying games on PC
You aren't the wisest one, huh?
>>
>>376830398
>4 year gap on your resume with nothing to show for it

yeah this is completely fine
>>
File: IdealMaleBody.png (411KB, 682x594px) Image search: [Google]
IdealMaleBody.png
411KB, 682x594px
Protagonist looks like an obnoxious little shit. And I thought there wouldn't be anyone more annoying than Dante.
>>
>>376829764
Everything they learned will be used when they team up with Taro again for Drakengard 4.
>>
>>376830568
>I can only put finished and published games/work on my resume
>>
>>376830568
are you retarded?
>>
>>376830271
300k on xone at best, 700k on ps4 would be my bet.
A flop either way, game looked like shit but xone owners barely give a try at anything that's not a generic shooter or a racing game. That's why sunset overdrive completely bombed. Another case of a dev's time that went down the shitter thanks to microfuck.
>>
>>376829764
That's a fucking crime against whole industry to be honest.
>>
>>376829764
>>376830176
>>376830271
>>376830369
I have both PS4 and a PC, and Scalebound was the game that was finally making me think of getting an Xbox.
>>
>>376830939
but Scalebound was going to be on PC
>>
>>376830398
I'm pretty sure Kamiya is more interested in making fun games than making more money.
>>
>>376830939
So you were going to buy a game you could have played on your PC, on a console you didn't own?

Anon, if you wanted to admit you were retarded, you should have just said.
>>
Why did they cancel it a few months before release?
>>
Xbox sucks, but if you even did a notable amount of research on the topic you'd see that this was entirely Platinum's fault
>>
>>376829764
>hostage
I know MS isn't the greatest company in any space, least of all the game development space

But Kamiya bit off more than he could chew with this game.
>We'll use UNREAL ENGINE because memery!
>And it will be an open-world RPG, which I've never developed before!
>And also it will use an AI-driven core gameplay mechanic that has never worked in the past, but that I won't compromise on because MUH DREAM GAME

People are quick to blame MS for their share of the shit, like allegedly forcing him to add multiplayer to the game because they wanted the Souls crowd, but then Squeenix did the same thing with Automata and Taro did it fine.
>>
>>376830546
>Being smug pirate scum
If a game is worth it, damn right i'm paying for it, thanks to me, the games you play are ported to PC in the first place, so be thankful.
>>
>>376831002
>Why did they cancel it a few months before release?
It was nowhere near done. The dev was requesting triple the time left for completion when they had already gotten not one, not two, but four extensions.
>>
>>376831009
I'm sure you are more than willing to impart that knowledge here then, right anon?
Enlighten us
>>
>>376830994
>>376831000
Oh what, I thought it was gonna be Xone exclusive
>>
>>376829764
eh, i was still getting a scorpio either way. i've never bought a console for it's exclusives and don't ever plan on doing that. the only reason i'm getting an xbox now is for red dead redemption 2 in 4k and maybe some cod/fifa with friends. i don't care less about these 5 hour exclusive titles. it's that same reason i still haven't found a reason to buy a ps4. literally 90% of my friends are on xbox with the rest being on pc and like 10 people on ps4.
>>
The game looked like fucking dog shit.
Remember that e3 gameplay? With the co ok? Terrible
>>
>>376831050
dont forget drop in-drop out multiplayer
>>
>>376829764
Why was this scrapped anyway?
>>
>>376831153
every XBone "exclusive" moving forward will also be on PC
>>
>>376829764

>Hostage

>Devs constantly missing deadlines
>Game hype getting bigger and bigger
>Devs in way over their heads

Microsoft did them a favor, otherwise this would have been another unfinished game on release episode.
>>
>>376831147
Not him, but
>deadline extended twice
>never once had a good press conference showing
>Kamiya on long breaks from the office
>shortly after the game's collapse, the Creative Director quit PG

It's not clear exactly what happened behind closed doors or how much MS meddled but considering Platinum's reputation for delivering products on-time and on-budget in mercenary fashion, I have a hard time believing MS giving them four fucking years and them still being so far from done it was WORTH cancelling was anyone's fault but Kamiya's.

He stated multiple times that "kid and her dragon" was a dream game he'd been pitching, and having shot down, since back when he was at Clover FFS. He had too much ambition for the title and wouldn't make the sacrifices needed to deliver the product.

There's also insider info that Plat struggled a great deal with Unreal Engine 4 (why they switched to it I have no idea) and that work wasn't getting done on time for that reason alone.
>>
File: 1484145655240.jpg (608KB, 1920x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484145655240.jpg
608KB, 1920x700px
変わった奇妙な
>>
>>376831009
Platinum werent the ones forcing shit like 4 player coop on a single player game.

Its all Microsoft with their Games as a Service Bullshit.
>>
>>376831241
It's been suggested that multiplayer was Microsoft meddling.

Though given Kamiya ADMITTED that he forced Yusuke Hashimoto to add multiplayer to Bayonetta 2 during the final months of the game's production with no warning, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kamiya was behind it.
>>
How do you waste the time of platinum game when it's just a bunch of model swaps?
>>
>>376830906
I own xbone and got Sunset overdrive with games with gold. And I'm honestly not surprised it failed.
Game looks fun and has somewhat fun gameplay(which gets old fast) but the game itself is filled with "reddit" humor, uninteresting story(in my opinion) and shitty main missions.
Best thing in the game were optional challenges which I did after dumping main story but I ended up dropping challenges too because of shitty interface and just general repetitiveness
>>
>>376829764
>my favorite gook dev was bullied by the evil west company
Fuck off faggot, there's tons of weebshit you can play already and Scalebound looked like hot garbage anyway.
>>
>DMC lite + Last Guardian + Winged T-Rex Dragon
>Nobody would've played it

Admittedly, the MC did look and sound like shit, but everything else looked like it might've been good.
>>
>>376830694
You joke, but I'd love if that happened.
>>
>>376830906
>700k
Nier Automata alone sold over a million on ps4
>>
>>376831567
The game was extended twixlcebafter 3 years and then they asked for another year. MS told them not to use unreal and they did.
It was their fault, not MS.
>>
File: 1494506950769.jpg (222KB, 2048x952px) Image search: [Google]
1494506950769.jpg
222KB, 2048x952px
>>376829764
I would buy it.
>>
>>376831189
t.17 y/o
>>
>>376831009
>keep demanding new shitty western features
>be surprised the game now takes longer to develop
completely reasonable
>>
>>376831690
I wasn't joking! I think it'll happen, though MS will probably be watching closely to make sure they aren't reusing assets.
>>
>>376831679
>DMC lite
would have caught shit for it. Automata barely got away with it because Taro, nobody wanted another Platinum game with watered down combat
>Last Guardian
because that was a runaway success, right?

It would have been the TMNT game but with the AI doing even MORE of the work for you and a Skyrim-lite setting with a Donte protag.
>>
>>376829764
We all know that the majority of the fault was from Platinum.
They couldn't handle such a big project like Scalebound, they were not meeting MS milestones and the engine of the game after 4 years of development still had problems and it was not fully ready. Microsoft even delayed the game to give more time and money to Platinum and they still couldn't make it happen properly. Platinum is a hack and slash factory, this is the only genre that they can do well. (hell, not even beat em up games they can do properly, look at Korra and Mutant Ninja Turtles games) Microsoft wanted Scalebound to be the game that people would buy an Xbox One mostly for it, a massive open world action rpg with multiplayer. Of course Platinum can't do such a thing. MS cancelling it was the best option for everyone, Platinum didn't get her reputation broken and MS didn't get a shitty game in her library.
>>
>>376831295
That doesn't mean you can just play them on PC just like that.
This is a common misconception I see on /v/ a lot.

1. First, you need Windows 10 on your computer. If I have to explain to you what's wrong with that at this point, then I don't even know what to say. But even if you do decide to go with W10, at least dual boot.

2. Many Xbox Games that take advantage of the "play anywhere" program don't even get the full game on W10. They get a stripped down free to play version that encourages you to buy the Xbox version. Forza 6 and Halo 5 are just a few examples of this.

3. Even when the games do get a full release on Windows 10, the playerbases do not get cross play with Xbox One most of the time. Because the W10 store/interface is such a fucking buggy mess, this results in the playerbase dying in record times. Halo Wars 2 has been out a month and is fucking dead on PC. Same with Gears 4.

So no, you can't just "play Xbone games on PC". If you want to play a Microsoft game that's not on PS4, you really do need to get it for Xbox. It sucks, and I wish they would just use steam, but they clearly haven't learned.
>>
>>376829764
>implying /v/ wasn't shitting on the game before it was cancelled
>>
I wanted to be excited for this game but honestly that last gameplay video they showed with that boss fight looked really bland.
>>
>>376831002
Most likely a poor scope of contract, with poor negotiating later, led to contract bleeding time.

See
>>376831567
>>376831496
If Microsoft had made proper demands from start, with no extension, game would have been done 1-2 years in.
>>
Didn't JP leave Platinum after the cancellation?
>>
>>376832074
>Platinum is a hack and slash factory, this is the only genre that they can do well.
Vanquish was excellent, though Mikami was always the shooter expert in the bunch.

Also, Platinum may be a brawler factory, but Kamiya's most popular game was arguably Okami, so it's not like he doesn't have the experience needed to direct a good adventure game.
>>
>>376832074
>MS cancelling it was the best option for everyone
Just not for MS themselves when considering the rep they got from the cancellation announcement
>>
>>376832092
I'm sure that them putting gameson win 10 was a requirement from MS themselves to promote win 10, not Xbox's decision. Just my guess
>>
>>376830661
Dante or Donte?
>>
>>376832530
i'm betting xbox will eventually become a windows platform. the recent release of that locked down educational windows 10 S or whatever it was called favors this theory as all apps can only be downloaded through the windows store or certified platforms. it's a decent idea but the problem is 99% of games aren't available on the windows store. they're all on steam, uplay, origin etc so they're gonna have to find a way of allowing these other stores to be accessed but also make a profit off them like they do with physical sales.

i'd honestly be up for this if i can get well optimized games for a specific platform (console-like optimization) but with the whole pc library and for the relatively inexpensive pricepoint of a console and its bundled peripherals.
>>
>>376832254
I doubt that, though.

I don't see Microsoft going "we want a Platinum games title because that's hot shit right now" and then demanding it be something else entirely. PS4 had Automata, WiiU had Bayonetta, they wanted their Platinum Games system seller.

The most meddling I suspect they did was forcing Kamiya to add the Dragon Link mode, since all he showed in every trailer was unimpressive RPG shit and nothing CUHRAYZEE ever happened.

I envision the MS suits walking in, seeing his spreadsheet managing dragon customizer that the team spent 12 months on, and going "We paid for backflips and gun feet and breakdancing with laser swords! We paid for riding a motorcycle up the Eiffel Tower while shooting a woman's bra off! What the fuck is this nerd shit?! You promised us a dragon-surfing trenchcoat badass with Beats By Dre and a sword bigger than he is fighting space crabs you fucking nip, why are you showing us firing a longbow into the bushes?! Give him a machine gun for a dick and try again!"

People keep assuming Microsoft demanded online multiplayer and a dudebro protag and everything else, but they have a half-dozen studios that crank that shit out yearly. They hired Platinum because at the time, a game about jump-kicking a helicopter in half was something every system needed to have, and they didn't have one. They wrote the man a blank check to make Bayonetta On Steroids, to make their "Devil May Cry killer", and he gave them a shitty Skyrim-meets-Ico.
>>
>>376832887
They're actually getting further away from that with Scorpio tho
>>
>>376832949
>They wrote the man a blank check to make Bayonetta On Steroids, to make their "Devil May Cry killer"
If they did that, it would have been finished in 1.5 years, or around that.
Instead they renegotiated until they either overscoped the project, or they kept extending with stupid demands.
>>
File: maxresdefault-16.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-16.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
Do you guys really think that MS will throw away four years of development? (this is a genuine question, no sarcasm intended) Look at Phantom Dust for example, they cancelled the Remake but they are still going to re-release the original game and they already said that if it sell well enough they will work in some sort of sequel and make it a series. The same thing is going on with Fable, even though Fable Legends was cancelled Phil Spencer himself said that he have lots of ideas of what to do with the franchise.

Can we expect the Scalebound assets in some new game for Scorpio?
>>
>>376832949
And anyone who doubts this: ask why at every Scalebound showing, they had such boring, dogshit terrible combat on display, and the only well-received Scalebound press event was one that showed off towns and NPCs and inventory management and the rest of it.

Kamiya was invested in, and trying to focus on, the RPG aspects of the game. I guarantee you MS pressured him to show off the combat only because Platinum Games Combat is a bullet point you can sell a game on and they were trying to generate hype.

If MS wanted Scalebound to hit some Halo/CoD checklist, they wouldn't have had the final E3 showing be nothing but a boss fight in a cave. Has that ever been how they showed off Destiny? Fuck no.
>>
>>376833162
not really. the xbox just got kb+m support a couple of weeks ago.
>>
File: opinion discarded.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
opinion discarded.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376829764
Scalebound was a lose-lose situation

The game was so obviously going to be shit, especially with MS forcing multiplayer into it.
But then they cancelled it, angering delusional desperate people who thought the product would be good.

In the end, regardless if it got released or not, it was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Only ONE good (actually amazing) thing came out of it: Platinum and probably a lot of other devs learned once again that collaborating with MS is a huge fucking mistake and won't ever happen again.
>>
>>376833217
>If they did that, it would have been finished in 1.5 years, or around that
Only if Kamiya was willing to make it. But he saw an opportunity to make his dream game about dragons, and to do something other than rehash DMC for the rest of his career. I will bet any amount of money you care to wager that all they wanted was a quick-turn-around MGR type thing that could sell some consoles by providing a system-exclusive "chucking a car at a space monster like it was a baseball" experience, and he decided that instead he wanted to Peter Molyneux the fuck out with his "Artistic Vision".

And yes, he does that. He spent half of Bayonetta's development in pissing contests with Sega over the stupidest shit. When they told him Bayonetta's design should lose the glasses, he added glasses to every single fucking character as a fuck-you to the publisher. He's 100% the type who will take your money and make the game he wants to make, not the game you want him to make.

It's part of what makes him a great dev (he's got a vision and he commits to it), but it can absolutely also mean he doesn't deliver what he was hired to deliver.
>>
>>376833281
>Do you guys really think that MS will throw away four years of development?
Microsoft has so much money, and so little demand to unfuck their production, that they regularly throw away 3-6 years of product development at a net loss.
I.E Kin, Nokia, Zune, entire lines of desktop variants.

There is so many of it, that it even has its own wikipedia page for buy outs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Microsoft
And that doesn't include inhouse net losses
>>
>>376829764
Let me explain how this shit went down.
>Hey, we need some new IP for our platform.
>What's that popular japanese franchise with the guy with the demon arm? Devil May Cry?
>Okay, contact the guy who made the first Devil May Cry game and tell him to make us a new game
>Make sure to tell him to make the main character similar to the one from that recent Devil May Cry game.
>Man, this is a brilliant idea. I'm sure our audience will love this game!

Before you go ahead and call bullshit on this series of events, let me remind you that when Microsoft purchased Rare, multiple executives honest-to-god thought they now owned the Donkey Kong IP. Microsoft is run by a pack of fucking retards.
>>
>>376829764
If Kamiya wouldn't be paid for 4 years your argument would be valid. But M$ paid shitton of money for this game and based on trailers it was SHIT. Meanwhile other producers from Platinum managed to produce something decent. Most probably Platinum funneled M$ cash into different projects.
> Basicaly Kamiya is a hack and M$ was too late on pulling the plug. Also: OP is retarded cunt that praises shit as long as it's called Shit-kun.
>>
4 years. It took platinum 4 years and they didn't have anything remotely presentable.

But it was microsoft's fault that the game was so unfinished that it would need another 2-3 years.
>>
>>376829764
If he made a good game they wouldn't have to cancel it. And 4 years is plenty of time.
>>
File: it was me kamiya.png (2MB, 1208x886px) Image search: [Google]
it was me kamiya.png
2MB, 1208x886px
>>376829764
>Microsoft held Kamiya hostage

He still managed to escape.
>>
>>376833487
>Only ONE good (actually amazing) thing came out of it:
That they earned money that was invested per contract. And they now have 4 years of assets that can be reskinned or reused for later projects, that is paid for.

You are underestimating how Jewish game development is, for experienced developers who can negotiate for shit.
>>
>>376830568
fuck, that's me
>>
>>376833872
Meh I guess they got paid (probably not the last months of development, knowing MS) but don't the assets belong to MS now?
>>
>>376833549
I don't understand the argument, and the argument do not elaborate the scope either.
It either lacks proper English, or you need a good source to elaborate the statement.

The way i see it, your statement is basically
>Kamiya made a skeleton game, and kept asking for money, which he got
>It went on for 4 years, until Microsoft stopped the cash flow, and game project was let go
Platinium Games don't do projects in that way. They are far more interested in making new games than to make skeleton games, and dig ditches.
>>
>>376833872
They definitely won't use any of the assets. The assets are everything microsoft has left of 4 years of investing millions in development. They will sue the shit out of platinum for anything that resembles their assets.
>>
>>376829764
what's worse, Microsoft or EA?
>>
>>376834083
>but don't the assets belong to MS now?
This isn't clay animation. If Microsoft had a clause in the contract, they get a copy.
Regardless of clause, there is now 4 years of assets that can be modified to clear and shitty contract clauses.
>>
>>376833604
A different version of the story:
>Did you see that Bayonetta 2 game? People are buying a fucking WiiU for that shit. A WiiU! That thing's a wreck, and people are buying it for that.
>It must be a good game... but it doesn't have any guns. Or multiplayer. And nobody uses walkie-talkies. How could that be?
>People like games where you can, like, flip around and kick shit. Our market research says people think it's cool to flip around and kick shit.
>Do we have someone who can make a game where you flip around and kick shit?
>We tried but they keep failing. Focus groups say the kicking isn't complicated enough. For some reason people like these Platinum Games guys. Market testing says they're the best at flipping and kicking.
>Well, I don't know shit about flipping around and kicking, but cut them a check and tell them we want some fucking flipping around and kicking for the XBox brand.

3 weeks later
>We went to them, and they said they have an idea about a guy with a giant sword who rides around on a dragon.
>Good enough! Cut the check, then figure out how much we can charge for the next round of Halo DLC.
>>
>>376834231
Explain to me how is MS even near EA's level of gaming destruction?
>>
>>376834340
>Bayonetta 2
>doesn't have any guns
>doesn't have multiplayer
>>
>>376834231
EA, Microsoft didn't make Insomniac change Sunset overdrive like EA did with Overstrike/Fuse.
>>
>>376834140
My statement is:
>Microsoft hired Kamiya to make a game, expecting him to make a Bayonetta-type game, which is highly marketable
>instead, he gave them an RPG that wasn't cuhrayzee at all

And so they kept asking for rewrites and redesigns to make it more intense, to make it more saleable, and all he gave them was more spreadsheets and dragon DNA and shit.

They hired Platinum to do a Platinum Game and they got Infinite Space. That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>376834340
This is some Youtube/reddit level post
>>
>>376831691
Automata looked good since the first gameplay video unlike Scaleboring
>>
>>376834478
Whatever, you see my point. The game is so far outside MS's wheelhouse, they have no fucking idea what makes a game like that work, or popular, or successful. They just know Platinum makes a game with jump kicks and slow-mo cartwheels and people buy systems.

They made their investment decision on that basis alone. Jump kicks and slow-mo cartwheels. "Show us something CUHRAYZEE so we can sell the XBox to people who are into that japanese shit."
>>
>>376831496
>>376833549
> kamiya's dream game is RPG about adventure with dragons

Shit, he could have team up with Taro for all these years for Drakengard. Only thing Taro would demand is to write the story
>>
File: elizabeth.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376832092
>Get Windows 10
>Runs better than 7, has tons of features, highly customizable if you're not a gigantic pissbaby afraid of powershell, directX 12, and designed for modern hardware (e.g. SSDs are a first class citizen)

>Windows 7
>Aesthetics are 'muh shiny round bubbles' to appeal to toddlers, poor security, Windows Update is slow and horrible, targeted by malware writers the most because they know the only people still on Windows 7 are easily fooled retards
>>
>>376829764
If it was nintendo or any other japanese publisher it would be platinum's fault. But because a western publisher is behind it all the weeaboos unite to call the evil company out.

There are two cases where /v/ will show extreme bias.
1. /v/ will always heavily favor japanese content
2. /v/ will always favor sexual content
Topics regarding this two are extremely biased and no objective arguments can be found.
>>
>>376829764
Platinum Games is shit anyways and deserve this
>>
>>376829764
What if Sony bought it?
>>
>>376832092
What's wrong with W10 for the casual user?
>>
I love how NEETs who sit in their basements whole day somehow think they know better than multi million/billion companies
>>
>>376834419
it killed Rare, that's enough to make on par with all the companies EA killed
>>
>>376834904
go away sheckelstine
>>
>>376834595
The only question that needs to be answered is why:
-Canceled instead of release

>>376834708
Its just babbies first shitty greentext.
Poor anon
>>
>>376834932
a lot of people understand western decisions because they live in a western world

people favor Japanese content because the problems we hate about our own industry aren't directly mirrored back

it doesnt mean they dont have problems of their own

they do

we just wont be as culturally aware of them unless we go to live in japan
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 244x140px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 244x140px
>>376835038
>>376835038
>What's wrong with W10 for the casual user?

People are afraid of change even when its far better than what they're used to.

They're the same people that cried about having to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. Every fucking time they upgrade late, and then they whine and complain that their 'upgrade' to a 7 year old operating system is already reaching end of life when they should have gotten on the boat earlier.

Just look at this chucklefuck:
>>376835171

That's all they can do, because there is no real justification aside from the fact that they're lazy pieces of shit.
>>
>>376835209
Because after 4 years of funding and missing milestones, you stop funding.

What is the sunk cost fallacy. Just because you poured a bunch of money after it doesn't mean you keep pouring money after it when it isn't getting better.
>>
>>376835165
>rare is making game of their dreams as we speak
k
>>
It's all good, Kamiya is currently working on a Drakengard 1 remake. He got his dragon game.

Don't tell anyone
>>
>>376835289
There are no such reasons why japan is favored. People just enjoy japanese content more and love to masturbate to anime. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>376835165
>Pandemic
>Westwood
both devs I cared more about than RARE, but >opinions
>>
>>376833549
>When they told him Bayonetta's design should lose the glasses, he added glasses to every single fucking character as a fuck-you to the publisher
Source?
>>
>>376832530
Xbox is a divi sq of Microsoft... They are trying to move Xbox from a product to a platform. W10 store games are all using sort of weird dx12 version that makes games easy to port. Dx12 isn't on w7 nor is m$ store or any of the backend for this. They aren't going to add support for any of this shit in an old operating system they don't care about just because of internet rumours scaring a tech illiterate 4chan board.
>>376832887
They don't need steam. Just the xbox store. It would be a useless product, but slightly cheaper than a normal product but retards will eat it up like they do every console.
>>
>>376835335
That isn't economics anon. Even more so when the QA phase isn't external, so if Microsoft really wants to, they can skip most of it.
If they where willing to spend 4 years, they should be willing during third year to change goalpost to "just release already"
>>
>>376835289
Don't kid yourself, asian execs are just as greedy our jewish execs.
>>
>>376833612
The man who loves making games more than anyone on the earth and that sleep on the office when he made w101 and okami was using the money for his dreamt game on differents projects.
>>
File: 1418241100974.jpg (27KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1418241100974.jpg
27KB, 600x750px
>>376835289
>>
>>376831956
>Last guardian
sold a million, and its a niche game. not even counting digital
>>
>muh Kamiya

He is a garbage developer.
>>
>>376831949
It won't happen, they have too many conflicting interests for either one to co-direct with each other.
>>
>>376832092

>That doesn't mean you can just play them on PC just like that.
Literally can.

>1.
Dual boot or us a VM/vt-d and gpu passthrough if you are a linux user. Gonna need windows for games wether you like it or not
>2.
Halo forge and forza 4 were sort of like beta tests of it. Free games to get people to use it. Halo was mostly just for forgr on pc. Going forward pretty much everything is getting a full port.
>3.
Dudebro shooters just aren't as popular on PC. It's the same as CoD, especially when a lot of the stupid people into them are on w7. Actual good games like fh3 still have a very large community
>So no, you can't just "play Xbone games on PC". If you want to play a Microsoft game that's not on PS4, you really do need to get it for Xbox.
What? You literally admitted it. Only game you can't play is sunset over drive or halo 5 singleplayer.
>It sucks, and I wish they would just use steam, but they clearly haven't learned.
This is an entirely different thing and they still release games with steam that aren't part of the UWP program.
>>
>>376835824
yup, hes just responsible for resident evil, devil may cry, okami and bayonetta

what a shit dev
>>
>>376836035
>Resident Evil
that's Shinji Mikami
>>
>>376836035
you forgot viewtiful joe and w101
literally everything kamiya has made has been 9/10 or 10/10
>>
>>376830694
Nah. I wish Taro made something not hack n slash for once...
>>
>>376836035
>devil may cry, okami and bayonetta
Literally the same fucking game. Generic action ''cuhrazy xD'' trash.
>>
>>376836223
Kamiya directed RE2
>>
>>376836291
Nigga just say you haven't played Okami, it's ok to admit you haven't played every game in existence
>>
>>376836291
there's so much shit wrong with this post
>>
is there any gameplay footage of this game?
>>
>>376836035
I hate all those games except RE2.
Platinum makes just 1 game. So i don't get why it's a huge deal who's actually making it. They are the telltale of hack n slash button spammers.
>>
>>376835487
Art book.
>>
>>376836428
Yeah at 10fps.
>>
>>376832092
MUH W10 BOOGEYMAN
>>>/g/
>>
>>376835572
What makes you think it was playable? Or in a manner Microsoft wanted their name on.
>>
>>376834231
EA nigger, forever and always.
>>
>>376836627
I used to use W10, then my OS bricked itself in a forced automatic update. I couldn't repair it because most of the shell wasn't even working, so I just wiped it and installed W7 over it.

that's the main reason why I won't be "upgrading" to W10 again: forced updates.
>>
>>376834318
>Regardless of clause, there is now 4 years of assets that can be modified to clear and shitty contract clauses.

Modified into what if they try and do an original dragon IP MS will try and fuck things up.
>>
>>376836887
This.
I much prefer getting hit with ransomeware that was patched in fucking march.
>b..b...b...but i read the comments on all the porn i download from tob first, while browsing with flash, javascript and 100 other scripts enabled.
Honestly thought I'd get a break from all these shitposts for a while...
>>
>>376836837
As i said: Platinum do not make skeleton games.
Going by the videoes that exist, there seem to be a performance nightmare, but beyond that its most likely playable with a finished Game Progression.

>>376836927
Anon, going to court isn't the end of anything.
Its not even worth anything unless its a 1:1 asset refuse with no modification.
>>
>>376837036
do you think I'm lying to you about my bad experience with W10?
>some made up scenario that would never happen to a careful user
who's shitposting now?
>>
>>376836887
If you were less ignorant you would have realized turning those off is a real possibility.
>>
>>376837049
I highly doubt they have a remotely finished game build. I mean for one they probably would have not even started optimization. No way Microsoft had s good, releasable product that they shelved. I don't care how much you fanboy platinum, it is entirely possible after 4 years the build was nowhere near releasable /playable. Especially since their scope seemed past their ability.
>>
>>376830798
> kamiya has to worry about his resume
>>
>>376837241
that might only be an option on W10 professional and enterprise, I did the free upgrade and I wasn't able to disable it completely.
>>
>>376830471
That's the dream right about now after Nier Automata. I'd buy that shit in a second.

Hell, I'd even pre-order it
>>
>>376837230
>muuh common sense 2017
Someone whi can't even update a fucking retard friendly OS probably doesn't have this.
>>376837241
Please do not encourage retards to disable autoupdate. If they don't know how, they need the updates.
>>
>>376837379
He does. None of his games sell and now he cant even finish them. He is a joke.
>>
>>376833281
>Do you guys really think that MS will throw away four years of development?

Yes.

They've done it before with True Live Fantasy
>>
When will Hiroshimoot ban all of India? The MS ad shitposting will soon go away.
>>
>>376837230
>made up scenario.
He doesn't read the news...
>careful user.
Okay what ports did you close yesterday when it was spreading?
>>
>>376829764
>>376830369

Why do shitposters often forget that Scalebound was also going to be released on PC?
>>
>>376829764
Nintendo will save it at e3
>>
File: Laughing_tiger.jpg (30KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_tiger.jpg
30KB, 500x322px
>>376837336
>No way Microsoft had s good, releasable product that they shelved.
>>
>>376837472
>Someone whi can't even update a fucking retard friendly OS probably doesn't have this.
>computer shuts down on its own to automatic update overnight
>I wake up to a bricked OS
>somehow my fault
give me a break.
>>376837563
I didn't bother to close any ports, but I keep an up to date disc image on an external at all times in case my OS gets FUBAR'd again.
>>
>>376837629
They are a for profit company.
If development was literally going to cost them 0 more dollars the game had to be so shitty they didn't want the embarrassment. Take your pick.
>>
>>376837616
Because nobody uses the windows store. Releasing a game there is like not releasing it at all because nobody plays it. Happened to Gears of War, Forza, Recore and Quantum Break. They had to move QB to steam because it was doing so poorly in WS.
>>
>>376837724
>computer shuts down on it's own.
>he doesn't schedule updates
>he doesn't know how to rollback
>he images every drive in his pc/network shares daily because he is too stupid to just update his OS.
Kek.
>>
>>376832092
So you're saying its on PC then? Good to know didn't take a wall of text to say it either.
>>
>>376837954
my god, its like talking to a wall. I already said that the shell was so out of whack that there was no way to rollback or repair.
>>
>>376831103
Moralcucks need to go back.
>>
>>376837816
Not Microsoft. They cancel projects left and right, have separate teams working on the same projects without knowing, buy out companies left and right.
Occasionally they buy something to make their own product(i.e Automap), or they buy out at a loss and cancel their product(Nokia Phones)
>>
>>376837819
They moved qb to steam because they could, and wanted to do an actual port, just like rotr. I honestly don't mind UWP. It's a good idea but it needs a lot of work still. Hopefully after Scorpio it gets a lot of work on it.
>>376838046
And installed w7 isn't of just restoring thst imaged hard drive you have or just reformating with w10 achieves what?
>>
>>376831719
>twixlcebafter
dude are you ok?
>>
>>376838217
it achieves my machine not having an OS that forces updates on you.
>>
>>376838213
That's completely different.
Nokia makes hardware for one. It's possible to flat out not cover variable cost om am already designed phone. Two the level of software support on a mobilr OS is way past what they get out of it. I get you want to like kamiya and platinum while sticking it to thr big evil company Microsoft. But the reality is Microsoft didn't have anything worth releasing. Didn't like what they saw, and aren't emotionally weakend into falling for sunk cost fallacy. The game wasn't worth the money it would take to finish. Let alone was already dumped into it.

The only lesson to take away was, wait on announcing shit.
>>
>>376838293
Which is a good thing for 99% of users including you.
Do you at least keep windows 7 upcto date? Your posting style suggests you do.
Windows is lime swiss cheese with all the holes, but they do actually patch major vulnerabilities. If you don't want to end up like the NHS, i suggest you take em up on their offer of free support. Even if you still think w10 is a boogeyman.
>>
>>376838590
*your posting style suggests you do not.
>>
>>376838590
>Which is a good thing for 99% of users including you.
obviously it wasn't a good thing for my old W10 install. I'll take my chances without updates, and if I run into any big problems I'll just re-image.
>>
>>376838785
Your probability of nuking your drive in an update is much lower than getting hit with an actual vulnerability. And a botched update doesn't result in data loss or anything serious. Doesn't even touch your non boot drives.
Look i hate to be your parent. And i mean this in a non condescending tone. But you ate too stupid to be in charge of when to update your own computer.
>>
File: Microsoft_sidewinder_gamepad_2.jpg (10KB, 237x198px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_sidewinder_gamepad_2.jpg
10KB, 237x198px
>>376838448
>I get you want to like kamiya and platinum while sticking it to thr big evil company Microsoft
???
Microsoft is a megacorp.
And like any megacorp, if individual manager isn't given a budget, generally they have no profit goals.
Microsoft is such a megacorp they are willing to do buy outs over low thresholds, often at net loss even as they get patents/workers/talent/infrastructure from the purchases.

I.E they have made 9 purchases over 9 billion dollars. Of those, only Navision and Majhong is profitable, the rest are net losses.
Microsoft isn't evil, just incompetent from having too much cash and loose management.
>>
File: angry dad.png (164KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
angry dad.png
164KB, 409x325px
>>376839006
>I have to let MS manage my system for me because some rando on /v/ says so
"no."
>>
>>376839067
I'm not saying any of thay is untrue (not that i would call them incompetent, their batting record is good, they just go up to plate A LOT)

But that has absolutely nothing to do with xbox division or Microsoft as a games publisher.
>>
>>376839149
Yes? Do you think Microsoft releases security updates for fun? I thought yesterdays news would be enough to scare a few retards.
>>
Great, now they can go make MGR 2
>>
>>376839361
God that would be so awful now.
>>
>>376830176

Scalebound was literally the only game that may had me purchase an Xbone.

When it was cancelled I knew I wouldn't be getting one or even a Scorpio at this point. What's the point in having a really powerful console when you've got next to nothing game wise?

I'm fine with my PC/PS4 Slim.
>>
>>376839501
>he bought a console for an unreleased game coming to a platform he already owned.
Man you are pretty retarded.
>>
>>376839356
>Yes?
no, I'll keep managing it on my own.
>>
>>376829764
Scalebound looked really disappointing when they showed it off at E3.
>>
>>376833872

That would still require a competent game developer to pull off and very few of those exist anymore.

Knowing Microsoft they'll still end up losing money on it thinking they're being cheeky and reusing it.
>>
On one hand I was looking forward to it, because everything I saw in gameplay trailer looked great to me.
On the other hand, I'm still on the fence about getting Forza Horizon 3 because it costs a fuckload and I'm afraid I may not be able to play it with my pirated win10, so I won't have to go through same worries with Scalebound.
>>
>>376839582
He isn't, but you are.
>>
>>376834904

As long as you aren't going to seediest porn sites out there and opening every fucking email from anywhere then Windows 7 is perfectly safe.

Literally all I do on my PC is play games on Steam and browse a few sites.
>>
>>376839501
>>376839582
Just realize you meant to say would have. Not had.
Still other half applies.
Also most people don't buy consoles for exclusives. I mean i do, you do, most of /v/ does. Most people who do though, simply are just to retarded to play on pc.
>>376839807
Because i didn't buy an xbox for a game that wasn't out yet and was coming to a platform I own?
>>
>>376840034
No, because you were confused by a very simple sentence.
>>
>>376840025
This.
And disable javascript, flash player, pretty much any script actually. And have a very nuked browsing experience.
Realize it is passed just muuh sketchy .Exe at least. It is possible to be safe on windows 7 with very limited os side patches. But the knowledge/work it takes is beyond that of most actual windows 7 users.
>>
>>376829764
>Nier Automata was made in 2 years
>this talentless shit took FOUR FUCKING YEARS and literally every single thing about the game looked awful

I hope Microsoft make him pay back all their funding he wasted.
>>
>>376840118
>Scalebound was literally the only game that may had me purchase an Xbone
English isn't your first language is it? If you take out may it is actually somewhat sensisical and lends itself to what i read. Anything else and it just flatout makes no sense.
>>
>>376839247
>But that has absolutely nothing to do with xbox division or Microsoft as a games publisher.
Its not 2001 anymore anon. Xbox is now a entrenched company that is making profit. So they are not under scrutiny
It just baffles me that they would be sinking to go for a sunken ship fallancy, and then let it go before releasing it.
The again, its normal company behavior for Microsoft(Nokia, Zune, any concept they have introduced)

>>376839694
Clover went bankrupt due poor budget management, within 4 years.
Their migration ship, Platinium Games, hasn't done that fault yet. Their license games such as Legend of Korra, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shows restraint in time management. Which is why the studio is still going.
>>
File: 1423717160213.jpg (451KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423717160213.jpg
451KB, 1920x1080px
>>376831726
I wanted to go on an adventure with a cute dragon...
>>
>>376835027
>bought it

bought what, the IP?
>>
>>376840612
When Microsoft kills stuff it is because it is unprofitable.

If your arguement is Scalebound would have been as successful as zune and nokia than they most certainly did the right thing. Though i already explained the difference between a hardware and software launch.
Fact is after 4 years kamiya had absolutely nothing remotely releasable with a Microsoft stamp on it so they pulled the plug. Funding something for 4 years doesn't magically make continued funding a good idea.
>>
>>376840249
>disable javascript
go back to >>>/g/ you aspie faggot
>>
File: Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg (98KB, 421x532px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg
98KB, 421x532px
>>376840887
>it is because it is unprofitable.
Windows Phone as a platform is a example of the opposite.
They just really enjoy to waste money.
>>
>>376840981
I don't. I also use linux and an up to date install of windows 10.
It's just if you don't want to update windows i flatout suggest you disable it.
>>
>>376841048
So your Arguement that Scalebound wasn't a total failure, from platinum and should be released is because Microsoft dumped a lot of money trying and failing to penetrate the Smartphone market?
And this logic makes sense to you?
Do you realize it's literally the complete opposite?
>>
>scalebound reveal trailer
>everybody gives it shit and the general consensus that it would suck
>suddenly a platinum games logo
>OMG GOTY MATERIAL

it was never gonna be good bad development aside
>>
>>376836242
What if they used that idea of the main character being a defensless girl and you have to rely entirely on the dragon.
>>
>>376839658
Sure thing bud.
Just make sure to keep that $300 ready in your btw wallet :^)
>>
>>376839501
>I'm fine with my PC/PS4 Slim.
Why even own the PS4 though?
>>
>>376841794
As long as it's not like the drakengard 3 drsgon fights or a panzer dragoon ripoff.
>>
>>376829764
They brought back Killer Instinct and made the best KI yet, so, who really gives a shit about Kamiya?
>>
>>376841894
Not him, but i bought one solely so i didn't have to play persona 5 in 720p.
Will eventually get gr2 and r&C i guess. That and the kojima game make 4 worthwhile games. Waiting on pcports for crash and ffxv.
>>
>>376841279
No, my argument is has several positions. All of which is separate, and could be wrong.
1. Microsoft signed up for Kamiyas game, but didn't like the early showcase, and then kept sinking money into contract changes, keeping the product in development for 4 years

2. During those 4 years, Microsoft failed to accept or setup a investment limit, to ensure that the final bit of the sunken ship cost would go into pushing out a game to the marked

3. Because the negotiator is the Xbox team, and not a subsidiary, it also means you get the general flaws of Microsoft management. Which includes little to no budget management outside of flagship releases, which leads to a 4 years failed investment.

4. Microsoft was in the right to let go after 4 years, but should have let go a lot earlier, if they didn't intend to release a game in the first place
The same is true of Scalebound, even if it was licensed only for the sake of appropriating assets, experience or corporate connections.

5. Platinum re negotiated as one should do, full extended funding for extended development due changes in contract. They did that part right.
>>
This game looked like it had potential, but I'm not gonna lie, the protag was basically Hyperdonte and that was a huge turn off.
>>
>>376841279
The thing about Windows Phone, is that its a thing that will make money, so long its not canceled. Once its canceled, you basically kill the platform, meaning no more long term profits.
A steady marked share of 3-5% is nothing to sneer at, when that is a lot of money.
Even more so when your company has a history of canceling its products in the launch phase, or failing to marked them.
>>
>>376833310
>And the only well-received Scalebound press event was one that showed off towns and NPCs and inventory management and the rest of it

I didn't know about that,did they ever show it to the public?
>>
>>376842079
Persona 5 was 720p on the PS3?
>>
>>376830546
>Can't budget to buy a game
Not the brightest are we?
>>
File: hey.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
hey.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>376834904
>windows 10
>has problem with all fucking pascal cards causing latency and microstutter when run together with certain apps like f.lux
>nvidia has released multiple patches and still hasn't gotten it fixed
>not a single problem on win 7

If you reccomend win 10 the you aren't playing fucking video games. Or you're a fucking casual used to the shitty console stutter that you can't tell the difference. either ways get the fuck out of /v/
>>
>>376842138
Sounds about right.
Only MAJOR fuckup i would say from Microsoft, Is marketing.
>>376842363
Not really. Development costs, long term support, security etc all for a small marketshare and no third party support? Mobile OSes are expensive now. It's not blackberry days.
Now they have a problem. Hardware wise Nokia probably barely covered variable costs and needednto be shutdown long run. Everyone else got way better sales partnering with Android.
>>376842534
Yes.
>>376842680
Does nvidea even release drivers on windows 7 anymore? I don't think pascal is officially supported? Either way gonna need a source with actual testing done on your bullshit claim.
>>
>>376842863
>3-5%
>Small
What are you smoking?
>>
File: d1561.webm (3MB, 800x374px) Image search: [Google]
d1561.webm
3MB, 800x374px
>>376829764

Shame really.
>>
File: 12229907.jpg (67KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
12229907.jpg
67KB, 600x500px
>>376842863
>old 750 Ti running on windows 7
>>
File: download.jpg (29KB, 552x234px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
29KB, 552x234px
>>376842863
>1080 running on windows 10

>LOL WINDOWS 10 IS GREAT FOR GAMES I SWARE
Either you don't fucking play video games or you're just some faggot trying to convince others to run the same shit OS as you so you don't have to feel bad about running a shit OS cause "everyone else also does it"
>>
>>376843040
Yes? They peaked at that anon. Wouldn't have been sustained and would have been in the low end poo-in-loo low margin no software sale market. They weren't making mad bank licensing apps like google or apple. Nobody wanted to use their os unless they practically gave it to them and they were losing money on their own hardware? How on earth is that remotely profitable?
>>
>>376843170
>>376843334
750ti is maxwell you complete fucking retard.
Show me this from a reputable source using the same gpu in the same hardware configuration on the dame driver version in real world workloads and I will honestly believe you.

I'm not a fanboy of any OS. I literally triple boot.
>>
>>376843568
You are presenting statements which need a source to be verified.
You also lack a scale for the mobile marked, which is such a big industry in the developed world that making bank is a matter of staying in it.
>>
>>376843797
Making bank is always a matter of actually selling something anon.
Twitter is fucking huge. Fails to make bank.
Microsoft wasn't selling anything from their marketplace and couldn't demand licensing fees. Nokia phones probably didn't even cover R&D.
>>
>>376829764
Held hostage getting paid and not delivering Japanese swindled Microsoft good.
>>
This is /v/ not /g/, keep your botnet and mobile talk on your containment board.
>>
>>376844058
Are you fucking retarded?
If you are in a marked where you earn money by selling a product, and you sell a product well enough to have a global marked share, you are doing extremely well.
By doing a extensive buyout of hardware developer and software developer, and then scrapping the ENTIRE THING, you not only lose the investment money.
You additionally lose your markedshare, meaning you lose future money.
>>
>Kamiya's dream game is a dragon RPG
>Original plan apparently focused more on dragon combat, with the rider being a little girl
>Yoko Taro generally prefers odd protagonists, such as a little girl with little/no combat ability
>Automata was a wild success, also building good relations between Taro/Squeenix and Platinum
>Scalebound's cancellation means the development cycle of Taro's and Kamiya's next projects are going to start around the same time
>Decent chance Platinum got to keep a lot of the game assets for future use

Drakengard 5 co-directed by Kamiya when?
>>
Nips shouldn't make anything more complex than anime games and vns.
They seem incapable desu.
>>
File: phil-spencer-y-kamiya-gamers.jpg (60KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
phil-spencer-y-kamiya-gamers.jpg
60KB, 1200x630px
>>376829764
>Microsoft held Kamiya hostage for 4 years developing this piece of shit.
>Regardless, literally nobody would have bought it because it wasn't a dudebro shooter

>Microsoft was able to work with Platinum, the one studio that actually gets legitimate respect from /v/ and most cynical of the anti-social niche hardcore gaming crowd.
>Microsoft just cancels the game after 4 years
Just fuck my relationship with Japanese game devs up
Just fuck my brand up
>>
File: 1494473487940.gif (1MB, 368x252px) Image search: [Google]
1494473487940.gif
1MB, 368x252px
>>376830369
>6 armed dragon

Fucking disgusting
>>
>>376843723
>demostration shows how an old ass maxwell on win7 has LOWER latency than a 1080 pascal with over 5 times the processing speed that's running on windows 10

what's difficult to understand?

fucking dumbass
>>
>>376844213
>this is /v/
Unfortunately I know. It's by far one of the worst boards on 4chan.
>>
>>376833612
>Most probably Platinum funneled M$ cash into different projects.
I have yet to find anybody to disprove this assumption.
I was even one of the anons who defended Kamiya.

But look at PG now. They're porting Vanquish just to get more cash flow and they have not announced any project since MS stopped giving them cash. The rip off 15 dollar DLC for Automata is also such as steep price for what you get. I bought it by the way. For comparison Nier 1's DLC was 7 bucks, had costumes, weapons and backstory too.

I think I would rather support a more honest and controversy-free developer. Regardless of what they're offering on the table.
>>
>>376844297
>Drakengard 5
Already done, see: Nier Automata.
>>
>>376844262
>Selling a product makes money
And developing a product costs money.

"Selling" a product isn't what you think it is.
A mobile OS is profitable from two ways. Licensing costs, or sales of software within the ecosystem. You don't have to be a rocket science to realize they weren't doing the latter. They also lacked the opportunity to do thr former. Android objectively sells better so they would have to be really low if not non-existant on the licensing cost side to get hardware deals. But heres the caveat, Android could always go lower because for them, market penetration means more app sales and that's what matters. But for Microsoft selling a handset was the endgame. Now factor in hundreds hundreds of millions on development, marketing etc. They aren't making money. Their sole goal was to penetrate enough they could be a player. But if they did android could bury them forcing exclusivity and giving free licenses.

Now you can bring up Nokia. But nokia isn't selling enough to cover Samsung or even htc tier R&D. So their hardware would continuely fall more and more behind. On top of that they have to cover individual manufacturing costs. They way they phased it out, it wad pretty clear they were covering variable cost but couldn't afford the R&D needed to keep current while still turning a profit. Nor would their marketshare increase enough that their marketplace would attract developers.
So they phased it out.
>>
>>376844760
I can't really understand why, unless it's just they made 0 progress in 4 years. Although the demos looked like something was there. I feel this will fuck the last bit of relation Xbox had with Japan.

Still I kind of think maybe MS did this so people would get really mad, make them want the game more then before, then reanounce at e3. Wouldn't suprise me if they did it exclusive on scorpio, along with a halo 3 remaster.

We probably wont know either way for some time.
>>
>>376844789
That you are comparing two entirely different gpus?
Compare two 1080s you fucking dumbass.
Two 7970s have higher latency than a single 5850 on the same configuration of everything even OS.
>>
>>376844882
as far as i know it was SEGAs call to port Bayo & Vanquish to PC, not platinums, and pretty sure they also don't dictate the price of the DLC for Nier, its most likely the publisher
>>
File: 1493563763650.jpg (39KB, 720x689px) Image search: [Google]
1493563763650.jpg
39KB, 720x689px
>>376833549
>When they told him Bayonetta's design should lose the glasses, he added glasses to every single fucking character as a fuck-you to the publisher.

holy shit, I get there aren't that many relevant characters but I never noticed this shit and it still cracked a good laugh out of me, though to be fair the random woman and Luka don't wear glasses, Luka only borrows them from Cereza and doesn't start wearing his own until 2
>>
>>376829764
the only thing i'm mad about cancelling this game is it woulda been put on PC because of Microsoft's garbage and dying games business.
>>
File: gtx1080 w7.png (38KB, 674x455px) Image search: [Google]
gtx1080 w7.png
38KB, 674x455px
>>376842863
>Does nvidea even release drivers on windows 7 anymore? I don't think pascal is officially supported?
It's not hard to check.
>>
>>376845382
I unno.
Don't have pascal or Windows 7 so i don't really care. Just know that's been the trend. You can't even update windows properly on kabylake for some retarded reason.
>>
>>376844789
DPC Latency Checker doesn't work properly on W10. If your previous cropped screenshot was supposed to be on W10, then it is invalid. Use LatencyMon on W10. The DPC issue on Pascal was also fixed ages ago IIRC.
>>
>>376845550
Anon. You should of stopped taking him seriously when he couldn't even use the same card.
>>
>>376831298
>Devs constantly missing deadlines
Hello Microsoft.
>>
File: 12227167.png (1MB, 1890x649px) Image search: [Google]
12227167.png
1MB, 1890x649px
>>376845229
here you go. 1080 on windows 7

>mfw people are blaming nvidia
it's not even fully nvidias fault since sources are caused all from mobo chipset drivers to the intel win10 USBport drivers
>>
>>376845148
App sales is just a second layer of profit anon.
Hardware is the first layer.
If you are making money of either, its fine. If you are losing money on both, you are fucked.
>R&D
Their R&D cost isn't at the level where that is true. Even more so due being in a marked where revisions and product lines are common, further reducing R&D costs by rather extreme amounts.

>Their sole goal was to penetrate enough they could be a player.
If that was true, they would not have bought out Nokia, due already having a inhouse phone team.
Instead they fuck up.
>>
>>376845715
Thank you.
Now do what
>>376845550
Waid or better yet use FCAT or something of that nature and real performance. Verify the dame WQHL drivers, and prove it's thr same hardware configuration and both are running stock clocks.
Thanks. It's probably easier just to link an article from pcper or anandtech or whoever.
>>376845780
>Hardware sales.
But the only hardware they had was nokia. And they probably had extremely small margins on the few low end phones they were pushing.

>would have not bought nokia
This was to help with that. They were struggling to make partnerships so they bought one in typical Microsoft fashion. Still was a dumb move. But operating in the red for ever is dumber. Out of curiosity how little do you think R&D in a flagship are?
Also in a Industry where product lines are common for people selling enough... You can have 3 iPhone models because they will all sell. R&d js a fixed costs so pennys for apple. Microsoft barely sold enough to justify a single nokia model.
Your logic is like saying RiM should have stayed in the mobile OS Business because they had 5% marketshare still at one point and that magically garuntees future profit since they sell hardware.
>>
>Phantom Dust remake dead.
>Phantom Dust reboot devs killed.
>Lionhead Studios killed.
>Fable Legends dead.
>Project Spark killed (and unplayable now?).
>Crackdown 3 comatose.
>TEH CLOWD gaming superdead.

Guys it was probably Platinum's fault.
>>
>>376846528
Wait who was developing the game though? destination platinum was carrying out a project for Microsoft by default they are the ones who failed. By not delivering or not explaining they couldn't deliver beforehand.
Your examples are internal studios managed by Microsoft.
>>
>>376846325
>Zune, November 14, 2006
>Windows Mobile: Its origins dated back to Windows CE in 1996, though Windows Mobile itself first appeared in 2000 as PocketPC 2000. It was renamed "Windows Mobile" in 2003
>The Kin ONE and TWO went on the market in May 2010. Within two months, Verizon stopped selling the phones because of poor sales.[9] Microsoft scrapped its planned European release, stopped promoting the devices, ceased production, and reassigned the Kin development team to other projects.
>Windows CE
>Entire fucking division called Microsoft Garage that already do similar research

Just fucking tell me what you are smoking. You are getting ridicules.
>>
>>376846674

>Your examples are internal studios managed by Microsoft.

Darkside Games was an indie studio hired for the Phantom Dust reboot before MS fucked them over, so you're wrong.
>>
>>376847021
And was unsuccessful.
What's your point? What does any of this have to do with anything?
>>
File: Laughinhg_titans.png (848KB, 789x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Laughinhg_titans.png
848KB, 789x1105px
>>376847212
Bait harder anon, this is pathetic
>>
>>376847170
Never heard of that one. Just trying to explain how these projects work.
Microsoft gives platinum a set of deliverables and platinum says how long how much and if they can do it. Only mistake Microsoft made was trusting platinum for what they needed. Can hardly say it's Microsofts fault for giving them money wrong.
>>
>>376847320
What? Just explain yourself. Windiws phone existed before nokia purchase. I know i had an x1 for years. But what does that have to do with anything? And it's stupid to say a market Microsoft could barely compete with RiM in is the same as the modern day Smartphone industry. Things have kind of changed if you didn't notice the whole birth if the iPhone or Android.
>>
>>376847351

>Finished game for Square-Enix.
>Finished game for Konami.
>Finished multiple games for Activision.
>Finished multiple games for Nintendo.

Meanwhile, at Microsoft: >>376846528
>>
Guess he's back making games for Nintendo exclusively now for good. He already hates Sony now likely Microsoft too (not that they would touch his team with a barge-pole after this trainwreck).
>>
>>376847859
So? You can argue the product kamiya was making was better than what Microsoft wanted or that sega nintendo etc all had lower expectations /demands. But that doesn't change that in this instance he failes to deliver what he promised to Microsoft.
>>
>>376847965
>He already hates Sony
He does? Why?
>>
>>376829764
The game looked like shit from the beginnning

Only sony niggers cry on 4chan and neogaf about it, nobody else gave a fuck about it
>>
WE NEED THE AIR
>>
>>376848229
Think it has something to do with Okami and how the PS3 version took all the original developer's names (including him) off the credits.
>>
File: 40.jpg (68KB, 405x810px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
68KB, 405x810px
I hope he's working on bayo 3 now.
>>
>>376848672

I'm pretty sure that started with the localized Wii version not having credits at all. The PS3 version had alternate music for whatever reason, though I can't recall if Clover and Kamiya were snubbed there as well.
>>
The Xbox needs to die as soon as possible,
>>
>>376829764
rumor was that MS tried to bleed them dry to buy them into Rare2
>>
>>376849360
But what about my sports, shooter, and general dudebro games?
>>
>>376849360
It's already dead. Its "exclusives" are either garbage or on pc
>>
>>376829764
I would have bought it, but it didn't help that the trailer footage was running at 15fps. I also saw a lot of people on here bashing it and saying they wouldn't buy it, kind of funny seeing that opinion change only after it was cancelled.
>>
>>376848029
>fails to deliver what was promised
Do we have proof of this besides Microsoft own mouth (who have every reason to try and spin it
>>
>>376852107
It happened twice if I recall correctly. Last E3 Kamiya was spazzing on twitter about how MS wasn't impressed on his game. Probably because of the framerate. And then the second time was when it got cancelled.
So it was probably one event that just snowballed into something worse. but Kamiya managed to save face somehow, even when scalebound looked pretty bad. And only MS got flak.

I wonder how long we have to wait before Kamiya becomes the next con man. They did work together historically.
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.