[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone put any time into this? I'm looking to scratch my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (122KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
122KB, 460x215px
Anyone put any time into this? I'm looking to scratch my BB itch and, while Lords of Shadows sucked, this one looks a bit better. Still, I am cautious to just impulse buy this thing.

Any souls fans out there with reasoned perspectives on the game? I doubt it's great, but even if it's okay that might be enough.
>>
I don't think anyone can tell you because the game isn't out yet
>>
>>376829715

It doesn't have Denuvo, just pirate it. Looks pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4Kp48YOn4
>>
>>376829809
Oh shit, I thought it was out. Almost pre-ordered it while I thought I was gonna buy it last night... lol
>>
They're desperately trying to make a Dark Souls / Blood Borne clone but what they fail to realize is that what makes those games good is not only the gameplay but also the atmosphere and worldbuilding which together create a cohesive experience.

Their games seriously lack personality and artistic direction which makes them feel rather bland.

If you're only interested in gameplay, you'll probably have fun since I heard that the gameplay is very solid and challenging.
>>
>>376829886
>It doesn't have Denuvo, just pirate it
Nice
Gonna save my money after buying Prey. Good game though.
>>
>>376830121
Yeah I do not expect From-quality art and love, but it looks like it plays really smooth and is much faster than the slog that was LoS
>>
>>376829715
While LoS2 was a very flawed game, LoS1 wasn't bad at all. I would even go as far as saying that it was a good game. It's just that the gameplay and atmosphere were a bit too different from his ancestors (though some may argue, that a lot of 3D Castlevania have this issue).

For the Surge... I'm not sure. I get that they're trying to go the Souls way, but the videos I saw weren't really interesting. But I don't know, Prey seemed boring in the trailers and it is actually fine. So maybe it has the same issue
>>
>A soulless dark souls clone made by the same hacks who made Lords of the fallen.

I'd rather play some Phoenix Games
>>
>>376830121
I kinda like the sci-fi aesthetic.
>>
>>376830121

>but what they fail to realize is that what makes those games good is not only the gameplay but also the atmosphere and worldbuilding which together create a cohesive experience.

This is almost always where Souls clones fail miserably. The Surge's level design looks absolutely awful (just corridors and blocky rooms, even the final boss just takes place in a nondescript square room), and despite being sci-fi they went with the most boring visual interpretation imaginable (generic industrial + shifting black techno-mass for some of the enemies). The plot seems like pretty generic "evil AI takes over factory" shit too.
>>
>>376830265
oh OOPS, Lords of the Fallen - not the casltevania games, I didn't mean that in the OP.
>>
I've been watching a bit of it on twitch and it seems alright, nothing special but most the souls streamers are enjoying it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_JPDMgkhI

Here's for anyone wondering how it compares to DaS. It does look like it's trying to be its own thing compared to LotF so that's a plus.
I really don't like the artstyle but I'm sure WH40K fags will love the big exoskeleton and giant weapons.
>>
>>376829715
Anybody know when reviews are supposed to release?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.