[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$29.99 Is this worth picking up? I've never played souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 453444452343434.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
453444452343434.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
>$29.99
Is this worth picking up? I've never played souls games in my life, but looking for something challenging as well
>>
>>376828107
bought the deluxe edition for 42 on humblebundle, gonna play after i beat scholar of the first sin, already beat the base dsII
>>
Get the GOTY version with all the DLC included.
>>
It makes zero sense to play 3 if you haven't played at least 1.
>>
>>376828107
>He wants the most shit souls game

Sure. I guess...
>>
Buy the first Dark Souls first, its cheap as fuck.
Then buy and play the third.

Completely skip 2 because it's shit.
>>
On that note, how about Alan Wake? I'm probably gonna buy it anyway since it's so cheap but I wanna know /v/'s opinion
>>
>>376828895

I personally love it. If you like stephen king, twin peaks, the twilight zone, or north-western small towns with lots of trees and spooky mysteries then you'll like it.
>>
Don't listen to all the contrarians faggots baiting replies, DS3 is a great game. If you like a challenge you'll love it. DS1 is a must play as well. You might enjoy DS2 but it depends if you wanna buy it or not.
>>
>>376828107
>Souls game
No. Better save that money for a rainy day OP/
>>
Play them in order.
Why would you start a trillogy on the last game?
>>
>>376828107
Play 1 first, skip 2 (or try it and then skip it) and then 3
>>
Its great for a run or two if you don't mind almost BB-tier levels of missing out on essential items for your build due to linearity.
>>
>>376828218
Not op but recently had been telling my self I'll get this game when it goes on sale. The season pass edition isn't on sale but If I get the game at sale price and the season pass separately it'll come out to about the same price the base game usually is. Is the dlc worth the extra money?
>>
I think playing the first game makes the third's Revelations much more enjoyable.
>>
>>376828107
>Challenging
As far as Dark Souls goes, that's the most alive (as far as player base) and the easiest. Just pick it up if you want a simple time where shields are near useless and strength reigns supreme.
>>
>>376831860
Second one is good and has good content. The first one is the worst dlc in a souls game. It's too short, has little to no lore connecting it, and is just small in content.
>>
File: 354678.jpg (2KB, 125x96px) Image search: [Google]
354678.jpg
2KB, 125x96px
>>376828107
I'm really not buying that all these threads are from different people just now buying the game.
>>
>>376831967
>>376830714
These op
>>
>>376828107

Its a good game. Probably my least favorite but it its still a solid gaming experience worth that price.

>>376828262
>>376830170
It doesn't matter which order you play them in they are all self-contained stories. Sure the overarching story is "revealed" throughout the 3 games but playing any one will give you a sense of what the others is about. That's like saying don't play Link to the Past unless you've played Zelda 1&2.
>>
>>376828107
Wait for the GOTY edition
>>
>>376832192
I've already beat 1-2. Unlike most people I enjoyed 2 allot especially with how they handled duel wielding. I was disappointed when I found out 3 took out power stances. I agree that the game world lacked the atmosphere that made the DS1 so great though.

Is pvp allot worse in DS3? With the exception of soul memory I thought DS2 handled pvp great.
>>
>>376833127
I was talking about dlc. The first and second games are pretty good. I personally like the first one more but I have a more personal connection to the second one. Dark Souls 3 dlc isn't that good. The second one is alright, but it made the str vs dex battle impossible to win for dex.
>>
>>376833127
>>376833370
I also forgot the mention Dark Souls 3 pvp isn't very good. Dark Souls 2 has the best pvp overall. Dark souls 3 has BloodBorne rolling which is just broken in this kind of game. The rolling costs little to no stamina and has an unfair amount of i-frames (invincibility).
>>
>>376828107
If you waited this far, wait until the DLC is included in the deal
>>
>>376830714
Sotfs is better than demons souls, bloodborne and ds3 and vanilla ds2 was still good
>>
>>376828107
Start with DS1 or even DeS if you can.
DS3 has many references to previous games so you will miss out on a lot of stuff.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.