/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Darksiders actually good? Isn't it just a 3D Zelda clone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Is Darksiders actually good? Isn't it just a 3D Zelda clone with grimdark shit and modern city with demon shit environments?
>>
>>376823535
Except it has actually good combat
>>
I mean it's a clone with cooler combat. So hating on it means you kind of hate the Zelda formula too, unless aesthetics are the driving factor, in which case lol
>fairy twink vs demigod
>>
>>376823535
My advice is to never ask opinion on /v/ they hate everything except nier shitomata because ass and weebs, the game is actually good finshed both d1 and d2 also pick up the warmastered cause it ran 60/1080p while the first version ran for a reason or another under 30.
>>
I haven't got to the 2nd game but the 1st was pretty great. If you enjoy GoW or 3d Zeldas you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>376823535
It actually is just a 3D Zelda clone with grimdark shit and modern city with demon shit environment. But it also happens to be fun and well made.

It's the good kind of edgy crap.
>>
>>376823768
Did someone say Nier? I fucking love Nier. It's a blast to play, the soundtrack is amazing, 9S is great and 2B's story is perfect!
>>
File: Rancid Bait.png (11KB, 662x368px) Image search: [Google]
Rancid Bait.png
11KB, 662x368px
>>376823535
What are these threads trying to accomplish? If you want to shill DS3, then you could've just whined about it has a woman in it.
>>
>>376823768
Jesus christ i hate people like you who assume the game is bad because of /v/'s autism. Fuck off with your shit opinions, you judgemental faggot.
>>
File: 1494265628688.jpg (226KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
1494265628688.jpg
226KB, 600x730px
The original Darksiders is the one I played (and the one people usually shit on) and I don't regret it. Game had great art direction at times, a grimdark story you could roll with at the low points because it was so goofy and a combat system that while not particularly deep, serviced you for its playtime

That said, I unintentionally dropped it so far through the portal tower. When it hits the last stretch it just keeps going beyond reasonable measure, and that's when it starts feeling like a slog
>>
>>376823535
Masterpiece, Death is best.
>>
>>376823535
it's God of War combat stapled on to a Zelda-style game structure

only you have to do boring combat challenges to unlock dungeons and that's about where I dropped the game
>>
>>376823535
imagine you played a bunch of decent games, zelda portal various hack and slashs', and then you took all the good mechanics and none of the bad, and mashed them all together to make a new game. thats darksiders, its campy and cheesy and edgy and grimdark but its fun as fuck
>>
Both Darksiders games are thoroughly ok games. Buy them when they're on Sale and you'll have an ok time.
>>
>>376823535
>play Darksiders 2
>it's not on post apocalyptic earth but rather some kind of World of Warcraft dimension

uh
>>
>>376825306
That's not a powerful sales pitch.
>>
>>376826062
not everyone is a paid viral marketer
>>
>>376824831
I dropped it at that spot too. But almost right away because I had played through portal just the week before and wasn't ready for more of that exact kind of puzzle.
>>
File: 1473634219612.gif (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473634219612.gif
31KB, 250x250px
I like the style of the other games. Kind of a mix of God of War and Zelda.
>>
it's thoroughly mediocre and already feels dated. If you wanna play it, do it now because it's aging badly
>>
>>376826062
They're thoroughly budge games at this point, they don't need a sales pitch
>>
That was supposed to be budget, not budge
>>
It's a clone, but there are so few Zelda clones and the series has basically changed to open-world at this point.

Darksiders 1 and 2 are actually great games.
>>
>>376827776
Also, the judeo-christian themetics, characters, and setting makes it less blunt of a ripoff as, say, Oceanhorn.
>>
Its good but nothing special

7/10 game
>>
>>376824321
>It's the good kind of edgy crap.
And it has a hell of a good art style to go along with said edgy crap.
>>
It is grimdark Zelda, but it's grimdark in grand Gothic way, not edgy teen way. And while it doesn't exactly do anything unique, but it's polished into a good enjoyable game until you have to redirect the beams.
>>
I really liked the first game not so much the second.
>>
>>376823535
it's actually good. I can't wait for the 3rd one.
>>
It's thoroughly mediocre. Everything in it is servicable, not particularly good or bad. The art is the only remarkable thing, people either love it or hate it.
>>
>>376833231
Anon...
>>
>>376830230
If you like warcraft style designs.

I think it looks pretty good.
>>
I love how War speaks, it's just so damn satisfying to listen to him.
>>
>>376833967
??
>>
>>376834414
You should play Legacy of Kain games, listening to those dialogues will make your ears orgasm.
>>
>>376834482
There's never going to be another Darksiders game.
>>
File: 1460508843990.jpg (4MB, 6997x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1460508843990.jpg
4MB, 6997x10000px
>>376834598
Seems good enough, cheers.
>>
>>376834684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_D2NSdOvA
Pre-alpha gameplay.
>>
>>376834760
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI
Have a sample. It won't really make sense to you, because that's third game and the plot is very complex in those, including lots of time travel, predestination paradoxes, and other philosophical questions, but them voices.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.