[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this game has completely fallen off the radar? I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (58KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg
58KB, 256x320px
How come this game has completely fallen off the radar?
I thought the first game was one of the best sci-fi horror games to ever come out with robust and satisfying combat and incredibly tense atmosphere and good design. I've even watched some of the movies.
The second game was good and spooky but not the same level as the first one.
Third one rightfully plundered because EA rushed it out, but we don't talk about that one.

Will we ever get a sequel for it?
>>
>>376821527
>How come this game has completely fallen off the radar?
3 sold like shit
>Will we ever get a sequel for it?
no
>>
Dead Space 3 was shit no pne wanted and the series died because it couldn't meet EA's ridiculous sales projections. I think it was like a million copies in the first week.
>>
Didn't EA wanted the third game to at least sell I don't know how fucking many millions of copy to even consider making a new one? what a fucking cancerous company
>>
>>376821527
1 was a game of passion
2 was more of 1 with EA's ideas about how the series should go
3 was getting as much as they could out of it

Now visceral is a DLC bitch for EA and Ea doesn't see any money in Dead space.
>>
>>376821527
>game has completely fallen off the radar
time does that, anon. ea pumps and dumps. i don't think i'd ever want another sequel in this state of modern gaming. there's a really high chance that it'll be shit, and don't forget the shilling.
>>
>>376821787
>>376821876
>>376821931
Well that is fucking sad. A good series completely killed because of the third game.
>>
DS: horror-action
DS2: action-horror
DS3: action

That's what happened.
>>
>>376821527
It went through basically the same process as Mass Effect (Hollywoodized second game, trainwreck third one) under the influence of EA but it didn't sell well enough survive beyond that point. Any continuation would probably be even more awful anyway so just let it RIP in peace.
>>
Didn't the developers had interesting ideas for the third installment but EA slap them on the hand and said "no".
>>
1 was bad horror, bad tps.

2 was bad horror, good tps.

3 was bad horror, bad tps, but better tps than 1.
>>
>>376822450
Basically.
Third game was super rushed
>>
File: 1493623036838.png (40KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1493623036838.png
40KB, 321x322px
>>376822126
>>376822293
>>376822293

>>376821527

These sum it up nicely, only the first two games were damn near perfect

3 Action'd it up too much, sort of like how RE6 turned out if you say, took out leon's campaign

They could at the very least make an HD collection but nope, they took the 'it didn't sell well enough so let it collect dust' route.

Which sucks because Visceral really did well with the games. (Well the first two)
>>
>>376821876
EA wanted dead space 3 to sell 5 million so they forced the developers to make a generic 3rd person action game and it sold far less than both other games, didn't even sell 1 million which even the first game did.
As a result we will never see another dead space game again because of EA's greed.
>>
Only fun part of ds3 was the co op with a friend
>>
personally I liked all 3 games but 2 is my favorite
other than the co-op I don't really see how 3 is all that much different than 2 (those enemy "intros" were kind of obnoxious though)
>>
playing Deadspace 1 right now for the first time, why is the melee so fucking clunky? this game has terrible movement and camera angle
>>
>>376822752
I loved the style of SCAF ships and the size of space locations. Game was more shit than others because of coop, setpiece overdose, boring unitologist shootouts and muh fast necromorphs. Also who the fuck thought RMT was a good idea?
>>
>>376823453
Well, thats the way the world works.
You are free to like it. Unfortunately/Luckily(depending on how you veer) no one else liked the 3rd game.
But if you cant tell the difference from 2-3(tonally, thematically, gameplay wise) well looks like you were the group they made the half assed game 3 was for.
The "So long as it has the same name these people will buy it" group.
>>
>>376823364
Co-op with friends can make even some really shitty games fun. Do you and your friends ever say to each other "man, we should fire up some Dead Space 3"?
>>
>>376824445
that's not why I bought it but ok
I bought it because I played it before and I had fun
obviously there's more to having fun with a game but that's where I'm at when it comes to purchases
don't make assumptions
>>
>>376821527
Man I remeber watching the thing recently and it's fucking insane how much it reminded me of dead space necromorphs, shit scared me
>>
File: dgfa.jpg (322KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dgfa.jpg
322KB, 1920x1080px
>>376821527

I LOVED Dead Space 3 OP. Especially because it was co-op and you could play through the entire campaign online with a friend. Plus the game itself was intense and fully worthy of being in the series. I loved all the lore too.

Why did you hate it??
>>
Dead Space 3 isnt that bad, and its reputation is a meme.

It has the best space atmosphere of any game I've ever played, and the DLC is some of the the most frightening shit in the series.

People hate it because it's cool to hate, not for any of the completely legitimate reasons to hate it.
>>
EA wanted to appeal to the masses with DS3 and forced it to be all action, which led to the original fans losing interest and the masses didn't have any to begin with
>>
>>376826423

It stopped even pretending to be a horror game and way too much of it took place planet side instead of in space. Also human enemies, poor level and encounter design, and a plot that went full retard (not that the plot in these games was the main draw). Literally the only thing the game did that was genuinely interesting and something I would like to see done in other games in the future is having co-op partners perceiving the world differently (as with Isaac's hallucinations).

>>376826676

I played through from beginning to end and can say honestly that I had to force myself to endure roughly 90% of it because I loved the first two games and wanted to see it through to the end. I immensely regret my decision to do so. I wish I had just pretended it didn't exist so I wouldn't even have memories of playing through that abomination.
>>
>>376826423
because its a trash action game with Dead Space on the cover
>>
I'm glad the series died. It allowed me to get all three games (with others) for a total of $2. (The first and third game were in the $1 of a Humble Bundle, and the second game was in the $1 tier of another Humble Bundle.) I've already gotten my $2 worth of fun out of the first two games, and I don't give a shit about the third. The fact that they won't make any more of them isn't really a downside. We don't need another series that goes on forever like Assassin's Creed.
>>
The first one was OK.
The second one had like two good levels and everything else was awful.
The third one was pure garbage.

Dead Space 1 was a really, really watered down and simplified System Shock 2. It kinda worked (backtracking and revisting levels that made the actual environments feel like an actual place were great, the zero-G segments were fun, the weapons were fairly fun) though it did feel really lacking any actual depth (the level design was agressively linear most of the time, the mechanics beyond combat were nearly-non-existent).

The second game basically already killed everything that made the first one good in the first place. The already weak lore and settings were absolutely and completely fucked in the ass, the environments were mostly trash, the feel of consistency in environments was gone...

And ever since then, we saw Alien Isolation and now Prey completely outclassing Dead Space on every respect. I don't think there is any point in reviving the series. I'll welcome more space-horror-survival games around, but I don't mourn this particular series.
>>
>>376821527
because EA killed it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.