[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 8.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a masterpiece whose only flaws are derived from limitations imposed on the developers by the publisher.
>>
>>376815637
This is true, but youre going to get a bunch of shit from autists here.

I still want to believe that its still a ruse cruise
>>
>make bad game
>inferior to all previous entries
>don't even finish it
>"THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE OMG KOJIMASAN YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!"
is there anything more cringy than kojimadrones?
>>
>>376815637
MGSV is the best game of the last 10 years, and makes a compelling argument for best MGS game of all time.

The most common and vociferous arguments against it are mostly extraneous to the shipped content (marketing, personal hype, and content deemed unsuitable for release [Chapter 3]), unreasonable expectations of the open world genre (muh heavily populated wilderness), or misunderstanding the ingenuity of plot delivery (the threat to spoken language is conveyed mostly through the spoken language [cassette tapes]).

You are not a video game director, as much as you fashion yourself to be one.
>>
>>376815901
There's a vocal minority of shits associated with each entry who think it's bad for whatever reasons.
>>
>>376815637
>it's shit because reasons so just ignore all the glaring faults and pretend that it's a masterpiece because those faults don't count
>>
>silent protagonist
>shit story
>boring open world
>boring missions because of boring locations
>researching in real fucking time
>shoehorned online phone game garbage that nobody wanted and that quickly died
Ground Zeroes was better than MGSV
>>
>>376815637
One of the biggest limitations was that Konami forced KojiPro to make PS3/360 versions of MGSV, which severely cut into dev time and quality of all versions since they had to work so much on optimizing their brand new engine for such old hardware that will never be used again.
>>
>>376816053
It's a shame much of the plot is confined to those tapes - I was willing to listen to most of them while doing some random stuff but I would have really liked much more of those great plotlines fully expanded. This isn't unreasonable to expect.
>>
>>376816580
All true art asks as much of its recipient as the recipients asks of it.
>>
>>376815637

MGSV is a strange game.

Gameplay wise, it's probably the best game of the genre I've ever played.

Yet, as a person already invested in the story and characters from previous games in the series, I have no desire to ever replay it as said story is utterly offensive. Same with MGS4, except there was very little gameplay anyway so little of value was lost by never touching it again.

It's a shame as I would have loved to get it on PC and mod in Subsistence for all missions and some other tweaks, but I'd rather just replay MGS3. This is probably the only case where inferior gameplay (MGS3) wins over superior gameplay (V) for me, that's how much the story offended me.
>>
File: PEACE.jpg (12KB, 1024x256px) Image search: [Google]
PEACE.jpg
12KB, 1024x256px
>>376815637
>Kojima will never have one more year to finish this game
>>
>>376816171
Ground Zeroes had more mission variety in a 2 hour game than V did in 50 hours. It's just pathetic how little effort they put into making their open world structure. Even Peace Walker had more going on. And I could probably forgive the story if half the shit they promised about building your own mother base were true but it's all so static. The entire game feels lifeless, like you're just going through the motions.
>>
>>376816171
>>376816985
These. Open world stealth simply doesn't work. MGSV should have been more like Ground Zeroes. Smaller areas that were more with extremely good level design, rather than bland open spaces
>>
>>376817272
There were tons of bases with level design as good as Camp Omega, there was just space in between them. Why do people act like the bases that are in the game don't exist?
>>
>>376818893
>tons of bases with level design as good as Camp Omega
Don't kid yourself. OKB Zero and the Codetalker mission where the only well designed areas of the game.
>>
>>376815637
I took exact same screenshot and use it as my xbone background
>>
Very good grafix and the best controls of any MGS game yet, but barely any of the ridiculous yet serious story from all the past games, and basically non-existent level design. The open world was barely utilized, and there was way too much DIRECTED BY KOJIMA helicopter rides.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.