[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the only game I enjoyed in the series was the original Digimon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

If the only game I enjoyed in the series was the original Digimon World, would I like this?

I only ask because I tried some other ones like Cyber Sleuth and I thought that one was just shallow trash after several hours in. Watched some videos of this, but I'm on the fence still.
>>
Last I heard the popular opinion was that it wasn't very good, but then Cyber Sluts was well received for the most part, so who knows.
I liked CS too, so I don't know what to tell you, man.
>>
>>376815389
It's very similar to the first. It even expands the gameplay, there's a point in the game that you can select which evoltion you don't want from the evolution tree, useful as fuck.
Has a fuckton of digimon. I finished it (100+ hours) and I didn't even got all the rookies.
The downside it's that is more anime-like and lacks the mystic atmosphere the first game has.
>>
I mean CS isn't really a good game but coming from someone that "enjoyed" the original DW, that's rich.
>>
Alright OP, shut the fuck up and LISTEN.

As somebody who also only enjoyed the original, who also hated CS, I'll tell you what is up.

The game IMO seems like a legit upgrade to the original in many ways however I couldn't enjoy it for one simple reason. Just one fucking stupid thing they did which fucked up everything for me.

You have 2 digimon at all times.

I know nigga, how the fuck could having 2 digimon ruin it all? It just does though, it messes with everything.
For one, I don't feel attached to them at all, for 2 you can have one digimon evolving to ultimate but the other dying, so now you've got a baby digimon and an ultimate and then by time the ultimate dies the other digimon has become a champion and it's just a fucking annoying mess.

I can honestly say I dropped the game purely because of that.
Had they gave you one digimon I think it would have had the potential for being better than the original since as I said before it improves on many things from the original.

If having 2 digimon doesn't bother you and you liked the original then I'd say go for it.
>>
>>376815389
>I tried some other ones like Cyber Sleuth and I thought that one was just shallow trash after several hours in
Cyber Sleuth was trash the moment you put the disc into the PS4. I'm buying this one because it's the last day to benefit from the Best Buy sale.
>>
>>376816148
>>376815825
Yeah these were definitely some things I noticed about this new one. The world doesn't seem as interesting to explore from what I've watched and I wasn't too sure about multiple digimons either. The guy playing it also was saying it wasn't as brutal to raise Digimon compared to the original. Oh well, I'll just have to think about some more today.
>>
>>376815389
its very good, i played it on the vita. The atmo is great, having two digimons at the same time is cool. Just like in the first one you can raise the home town which is motivating since every digimon you find has some use for you. I might even buy the ps4 edition just for fun.
>>
Its great, not as good as redigitize decode though
>>
CS is amazing
OP you dont like digimon so dont bother
>>
>>376815825
>lacks the mystic atmosphere
That was one of my favourite aspects of the game: it was just so atmospheric and comfy.

Every time I hear this music, I get tingles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.