[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Switch has been out for two and a half months and is still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1494187238578m.jpg (111KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494187238578m.jpg
111KB, 1024x576px
The Switch has been out for two and a half months and is still impossible to get retail.

It is time to admit you were wrong. Its not going to sell bad. Its not artificial scarcity.

Its a good console that will sell 100 million
>>
>>376815379
I think its half and half. Its not intentional artificial scarcity, but Nintendo is only shipping about 3 consoles to each store each week, which isnt much. However, it is selling like hotcakes.

I love my switch. I take it pretty much everywhere now. I actually did a >Karen and took it to a party. Snipper clips was fucking lit with my bros.
>>
Why is this literal shilling allowed?
>>
>>376817674
nintendogaf isn't a meme
>>
File: Comfy Nintendo games for Switch.jpg (242KB, 672x993px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Nintendo games for Switch.jpg
242KB, 672x993px
>>376815379
>>
>>376817485
>actually playing games in the public
WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THIS WORLD?!
>>
>>376815379
>>
>>376815379
Nah, not falling for Wii U 2.
>>
It's not intentional artificial scarcity.

Japan sold 21% of all Switches in March. In Japan, around 50k Switches a week are sold, so the worldwide sales are probably close to 250k a week. Assuming 16 million Switches manufactured this year, that leaves at most 300k Switches a week - and keep in mind that Nintendo withholds stock for major game launches (for MK8D's launch week, 80k Switches were sold in Japan). Everything checks out.
>>
>>376817485
>Its not intentional artificial scarcity, but Nintendo is only shipping about 3 consoles to each store each week
isn't that what artificial scarcity is?
they should ship more than 3 copies, otherwise it's fucking artificial scarcity.
>>
>>376818593
>nah, not falling for another good console
>>
>>376815379
My local radioshack has like 20 in stock since launch.
>>
>>376818716
You're assuming they have more than 3 copies. Why are you doing that?
>>
>>376818797
>radioshack
It's not 2007 anymore.
>>
>>376818460
>in the public
In the public what?
>>
>>376818858
No, it's 2017
>>
>>376817485
I was on the fence about getting a switch until I tried one but now I can't find one anywhere and am thinking about buying one of those slightly overpriced GameStop bundles. I don't think they're shipping three a week to stores. Since Mario Kart was released I don't think they've been shipping any. At least in the Metro Detroit area. I don't think it's artificial scarcity but wtf are they doing? They doubled production capacity. I have $400 in cash for a switch in Zelda that I've carried around for two weeks and I've been to many stores right when they open and followed some leads and can't find it at all
>>
>>376818725
not him but the Wii U was trash.
>>
is nintendo switch the most overrated console of all time?

i mean it has the most overrated game of all time andit also has sold around 5 million copies.
>>
>>376815379
>go to gamestop
>ask for a switch
>bruahinheimersef we been outta stock for like 6 months and have like 5 years backorder dunno what ta tell ya
>maybe if you like renewed your membah ship
>wanna preorder sumtin?
>shrug
>go to Target
>they have 9 Switches, rows of zelda, miles of mario kart
>same price as gamestop
>pay
>leave
>ah shit groceries
>wal-mart
>fucking shelves of Switches behind locked glass
>3 testing stalls with a line of players
>2 mario kart boothes
>1 zelda booth
>fucking entire section dedicated to the Switch
Dude, shop the fuck around
>>
>>376818959
Going by production estimates, America should be getting about 90k Switches a week total.
>>
>>376815379
The artificial scarcity meme has gotten out of hand honestly. Companies always try to produce less than necessary, it's common fucking practice as to avoid loss.

What's going on here however is Nintendo not being able to produce the thing fast/steady enough.
>>
>>376818706
Then that means they're shipping and selling a million a month like they did with the Wii. That should put the install base around 5 to 5.5 million when Arms comes out next month (which is around what Wii U sold in its first 14 months including two holiday periods, one which it launched during). Scalpers are still marking them up by $95 so we have a log way to go before supply meets demand and five more months until the holidays. It's not going to slow down. It really is going to outsell the Wii U's ltd sales within its first 12 months on the market
>>
>>376816572
fpbp
>>
>>376818716
The artificial scarcity meme implies that Nintendo is doing it on purpose to pretend people are buying their console in droves. Understocking for safety or whatever is another thing
>>
>>376817485
>Snipper clips was fucking lit with my bros.

Day of the rope when?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.