[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this "punching bag" meme come from? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Where did this "punching bag" meme come from?

This game is no walk in the park.
>>
>>376811123
Fags playing on easy
>>
The "special edition" is actually easier and that's what's most people played. The normal edition of DMC3 is what offered some kinda challenge.
>>
So /v/, favorite weapon? Gun? Style? Boss?
>>
>>376813706
>>376811123
Basically when DMC3 first came out in the US, its normal difficulty was equal to the Japanese hard mode. Kind of a weird decision cuz you'd think the Japanese players would be less casual but that's how it went down, and so DMC3 was known for being brutally difficult in the west. The SE was the same as the japanese version however.

Honestly with the regular enemies though, especially the sin mobs, the difficulty comes from being ganged up on. A single enemy can't do much to you on its own. That's where the punching bag shit comes from. Add in the fact that enemies off-camera won't attack you and its pretty easy to manage regular encounters. I think DMC4 moved in the right direction by reintroducing aggressive enemies (some straight up ripped from DMC1).

DMC5 does need more aggressive enemies going forward. Making it rewarding to find an opening in their moves and combo the shit out of them.
>>
>>376812686
>punching bag enemies on easy
Are you kidding me? Shit dies way too quickly on easy.
>>
>>376811123
>Where did this "punching bag" meme come from?
>>
>>376811123
Punching bag is 4.
3 is fine.
>>
People watch combo videos on youtube and assume everyone who plays the game can play as well as the people who literally spend hundreds to thousands of hours playing these games.
>>
>>376813706
Even the SE kicked my ass. Took me 2 weeks to beat Vergil.

>>376814573
Nah, DMC3 had the right idea. Enemies would usually try to flank you with some really obvious tell, so if you got hit it was totally your fault. In DMC4 some enemies have no tells for their attacks and ohters can't be stunned at all.
>>
>>376815124
The enemies in 4 are much more aggressive compared to 3.
>>
>>376814753
NG is bottom of the barrel when it comes to action games.
>>
>>376814573
>Kind of a weird decision cuz you'd think the Japanese players would be less casual but that's how it went down

JPs are actually really casual and bad at video games. They're freakishly good at shmps and rhythm games, but they're almost entirely worse than the rest of the world when it comes to everything else.
>>
It comes from the fact that the enemies are slow and dumb and cannot overwhelm you because of how much mobility you have. Only the abyss and maybe archne feel like actual enemies that put up a fight, everything else is an absolute joke.
>>
>>376815840
Yeh kinda right but remember DMC4's greatest combo autist is japanese. Godhand's is a mexibro
>>
>>376816075
>DMC4's greatest combo autist is japanese
Is this Donguri? He browses here as well.
>>
>>376816195
>He browses here as well.
Really? I hope not
>>
>>376816306
He has videos that were submissions to a "/v/ style tournament"
>>
File: agni_rudra_white.gif (86KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
agni_rudra_white.gif
86KB, 600x476px
>>376814573

>got DMC3 when it first came out
>these mother fuckers
>>
>>376816424
>/v/ style tournament

What's worse? Stylefags or Speedrunners?
>>
>>376811123
Only the bosses are genuinely hard, everything is else is I'd say punishing since at high difficulty every attack does a shit ton of damage.
>>
>>376812686
Or playing on normal, using items, getting D ranks, and thinking they're done with the game just because they saw the credits
>>
>>376816567
Speedrunners, because playing the game stylishly is how you're supposed to play it.
>>
>>376814223
>Sword.
Rebellion.
>Gun.
Ebony and Ivory although the shotgun was goat.
>Style
Gunslinger or Quick Silver.
>Boss.
The last boss.
>>
>>376814573
>cuz you'd think the Japanese players would be less casual
A common myth.
Japanese gamers are even more casual than the western ones, mostly sticking to popular AAA and
casual mobile shit.
It's just that 1% that's the hardcore audience is really good at them.
>>
>>376816459
>no fucking devil trigger to lean on
>first real double trouble boss in dmc
Good times
>>
>>376811123
>Never played the old dmcs
>Played the new one and thought it was fun
Will I like the originals? Is the only complaint with the new one is that black hair Dante looks like a fag?
>>
>>376816459
>die to cerberus a few times
>die to agni and rudra a few times
>beat vergil 1 my first try with ease
>>
>>376817294
The gameplay is super casualized my bro. There is no depth to the combat. You have fucking color-coded enemies for fuck's sake. DmC is an abortion.
>>
>>376817353
Vergil 1 is really easy once you know his moveset. Its only when he gets aerial moves that he becomes dangerous.
>>
>>376817121
Patrician taste.

Vergil 2> Vergil 3, though.
>>
>>376817392
I'll definitely check out the older ones then. I heard 2 wasn't as good or something though
>>
>>376817525
agreed, i just don't get why people complain about getting shit stomped by vergil so much and not A&R
>>
>>376817294
no, the complaint is that literally everything is significantly worse

so good news, if you liked that shit you will blow your fucking load playing the old ones. keep in mind the new one was babbyshit so you ll have to step your game up
>>
>>376817525
Literally all of Vergil's fights are easy. His attacks are extremely predictable and easily countered.
>>
>>376817541
the vergil 3 fight is better but the music and setting of the second fight make it cooler
>>
>>376814223
I barely ever deviate from default loadout but to make it interesting

>devil arm
A&R
>gun
shotgun
>style
swordmaster
>boss
vergil 3 might be my favorite boss fight of all time with Azel in a close close second
>>
Why is Gunslinger so underrated?

It allows you to keep your style gauge up by simply shooting as long as you switch between fire modes. On top of that, Rain Storm can be used to keep you in the air longer.
>>
>>376814223
Nevan
Ebony and Ivory
Gunslinger or Trickster
Vergil
>>
>>376811123
I think it came from the Combo mad videos of players just beating the shit out of an enemy to showcase their combos. Some people see that and think that enemies will just stand there taking punishment.

I'll admit, enemies in DMC3 or 4 are not as aggressive or well designed as the ones in DMC1, but when they attack, they hit like a truck, and when in high numbers, it gets pretty tricky to fend them off if you're not good with at the game.
>>
>>376818174
Why does Lady's gun feel so useless?
>>
>>376817608
2 is an abortion that is pretty much non-canon. The first game has a very old school resident evil feel to it, and the way it plays is a bit more sluggish, but it is still great. 3 is regarded as the best by many, and 4 is considered a gem that was killed by rushed development. The series on the whole, barring 2 is fantastic though, with pageantry, flair, and tight ass combat, so go ahead and experience one of my favourite series

Side note: I enjoyed DmC, even though it spat on the series, it was a refreshing, if poor, take on a beloved franchise. The best thing in that game was the sound design, especially with the rebellion, and despite the whole "wub wub" soundtrack, I liked that as well.
>>
>>376818275
Because you don't know how to use it.

It's one of the best crowd control guns in the game.
>>
>>376814223
>Favorite weapon
Hard pick between Rebellion and Cerberus
>Gun
Eboy and Ivory, the most versatile guns, can't go wrong with them
>Style
Swordmaster or Trickster
>Boss
Credo
>>
>>376817608
Start with the first if possible. It'll be harder to adjust to after playing 3/4.
>>
>>376815764
And yet NG2 was a better sequel than anything DMC got.
>>
>>376818392
>The best thing in that game was the sound design, especially with the rebellion, and despite the whole "wub wub" soundtrack, I liked that as well.
Honestly, as much as people make fun of it, it does have a fairly original distinctive style to it. The combat (especially after the special edition) is pretty fine for the genre in general, it's only killed by comparisons to DMC
>>
>>376818729
DmC would have been better if

1. boss difficulty on Nephilim was how it was on SOS. basically it needed to be cranked up.

2. no pausing between demon/angel pull and attacks. VD fixed this and it should have been this way from the get go.

3. turbo should have just been the normal speed of the game.

Kind of a shame it won't get a sequel, but oh well.
>>
>>376811123
Don't worry one day I'm sure some faggots would call DMC3 the Dark Soul of stylish action genre.
>>
>>376819121
I'd honestly be cool with that if it ended up flooding the market with stylish action games with high skill ceilings.
>>
>>376818392
>>376818729
>>376819119
They could have switched DmC to Spanish/Mexican theme and it would be a decent game
>>
>>376814223
>Devil Arm
Yamato or Force Edge
>Gun
E&I, or Blue rose (blue rose mostly cause aesthetic)
>Style
Darkslayer or Swordmaster
>Boss
Vergil

In general, I like Vergil a lot, but I don't have a favourite character (read: Dante and Vergil are both equally great, and despite his sappy dialogue/story arc, Nero was pretty dope as well)
>>
>>376815840
Remember when the US added an easy mode to Mega Man 2.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.