[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for games similar to Dark Souls and Shadow of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: thumb-1920-573258.jpg (245KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-573258.jpg
245KB, 670x670px
I'm looking for games similar to Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus. One thing I liked about these games is how they flow, it's just a joy to move around in these worlds. The controls are really just pleasant on their own, the worlds even despite their restrictions feel open and you aren't constantly interrupted by cinematics and exposition. I like that the worlds themselves were really unique and weird, despite Dark Souls being firmly established in the tradition of classic fantasy.

In terms of settings I even more love the weirdness of games like Morrowind, Planescape or Planescape, so if it had some of that quality, that would be even better (but not the gameplay of those).

Has to be for pc or emulatable and not too new.
>>
>>376806536
Severance: Blade of Darkness, and the King's Field/Shadow Tower games.

Ultima Underworld/Arx Fatalis is also worth keeping an eye out on, but there's a fair amount of dialogue and quests in that.
>>
>The controls are really just pleasant on their own

bait
>>
>>376806536
>I'm looking for games similar to Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus.
I can think of one, but it's DRAGON'S DOGMA.It's a game that's not for everyone.
>>
>>376806809
I'm a pc guy, but I really like playing on a gamepad.
>>
>>376806536
The Witcher 3. It's everything you want and more.
>>
>>376806536
Gonna just add that by not too new I rather mean the last 2-3 years. Not that it has to be 10 years old.
>>
File: Rain World.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rain World.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
If I'm getting you right OP, I'd recommend Rain World.

It's a semi-openworld platformer. It does a pretty neat job of making your feel you're just trying to survive in an ecosystem instead of there being downright "enemies", it's all just predators.
The movement feels very organic, and is part of why it's so enjoyable to play.
>>
>>376807726
Thanks and yeah, I guess organic was the word I was looking for.
>>
>>376808003
It's not an older game mind you, only released a month or two ago, but I'm running it fine on my shitty laptop, which I'm assuming was the issue.
>>
>>376806536
>The controls are really just pleasant on their own
Ocarina of Time.
Dark Souls controls are essentially copy pasted from Zelda then tweaked a littlest bit.
>>
>Dark Souls
>Shadow of the Colossus
Dragon's Dogma is literally what you are looking for
>>
Shadow of Mordor
Dragons Dogma
Ocarina of Time
Kingdoms of Amalur
Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>376811625
I'd like to repeal Lords of the Fallen from this list.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.