[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a new playthrough today, what build should I make? Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
Starting a new playthrough today, what build should I make? Only did STR + Pyromancy so far for DaS 2
>>
>>376802040
The most fun build I've played in DS2 was a "paladin" build relying on defensive/support/healing miracles and Heide weapons. I had to grind out the Heide knight set for several hours early in the game, though.
>>
>>376802154
Grindan doesn't sound very fun anon

How about magic ? Is it as OP as in DeS?
>>
>>376802291
>How about magic ? Is it as OP as in DeS?
Magic is powerful in PvE and VERY useful in pvp, but you can't just spam it and expect it to thi. You have to set up your casts, mix them up with melee attacks. In PvE, though, if you're even remotely good at dodging, magic makes the game much easier, compared to a pure melee build.
>>
>>376802415
Forgot to add: the only part in the game where a pure sorcerer would have any problems is when fighting Alonne. He is so aggressive you get almost no time to cast. Everything else is easier, compared to pure melee.
>>
Most fun build is go for miracles and play PVE online.
>>
>>376802415
>>376802493
Yeah I think I'm going the magic way, maybe grab some miracles on the way too

What melee weapons do you recommend desu?
>>
the most fun i've had with DaS2 was skipping it to play DaS3.
>>
>>376802732
>What melee weapons do you recommend desu?
I never bothered with a melee weapon as a pure sorcerer. I only used a Magic Melu Scimitar to kill Alonne, because I loved how it looked. Seriously, everything works and has its niche in DS2, it's not a shit game like 3 where, unless you're using a follower sabre, you might as well not even bother with pvp.
>>
>>376802732
If you want to go the fun way, the blue flame is a good weapon since you can cast spells by pressing the strong attack. You'll need to farm the specters in the crypt.
>>
I quite liked powerstancing 2 greatswords, one buffed with fire one with lightning.

Used to switch between those and a smelter and ancient spelter powerstanced setup.

Roll everything then destroy with a few swings.
>>
>>376804242
>(cont), because I'm derping hard
a little, though, so I don't know if you want to go that way.
>>
Today I completed DaS1 and started DaS2...

WTF its with the control? Its fucking horrible feels so cluncky
>>
My favorite is naked 40/40 str/dex dual-wielding caestuses in covenant of champions. Then farm invaders to get covenant's ring and just go bare fists.
>>
>>376804525
The controls are exactly the same as they were in DS1, dumbfuck. If you can't figure how to configure them properly, you don't deserve to play the best Soulsborne game and I'm not even being ironic.
>>
>>376804525
You're talking out of your ass, DaS2 controls are way smoother than DaS1. You don't even have omniderctional rolling in 1.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.