[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>devs include something new to make the game easier for casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1484766590271.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484766590271.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>devs include something new to make the game easier for casuals
>everyone complains that the new addition makes the game too easy even though you can turn the mechanic off or switch modes

Why do autists do this?
>>
I think that the argument is usually that the game was built around the new casual feature
>>
90% of the time this happens the game is designed around the mechanic and turning it off puts you in a worse spot than in the earlier games where the mechanic didn't exist. Most of the time for instance if a game has quest markers, there's no guidance for you if you turn them off.
>>
>>376790246

This is why i love it when devs name the easy setting "babys first" or something similar and constantly remind them of it by including ludicrous baby oriented things in the game.
>>
>>376790345
This.
As an example, weapon wheels. Because they exist, there is now 8 weapons max per game.
>>
>>376790246
Just say you mean smart steering in MK8D, anon.
>>
>>376790246
The game often still suffers from having been designed with that feature in mind, so playing without it is frustrating at best and almost impossible at worst.
See: Hitman Absolution's instinct system
>>
>>376790345
reflex mode in MSGV
>>376790523
thats a good thing though. And Prey 2017 has a corkscrew type weapon wheel with multiple levels to fit everything in there.
>>
>>376790246
>said feature can't be turned off
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494604093242.jpg (75KB, 600x744px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494604093242.jpg
75KB, 600x744px
>>376790408
>play Skyrim
>turn quest markers off
>have to find some sort of cave to join Nocturna's cult for Thieves Guild
>mfw no detailed directions in dialogue from any npc's or journal entries
I don't remember, did Oblivion suffer this much as well?
>>
>>376790586
Well let's put something else as an example
>Exp Share.
You can turn it off any time you want in the game and people STILL constantly bitch about it making the game too easy.
>Phoenix Mode
An obvious addition for all the new waifufags Awakening brought in to the franchise, but people constantly bitched about it even though they can choose the other modes without even needing to touch the new mode.
>>
>>376790742
You offering those examples doesn't neccisarily disprove OP's presented issue being, an issue. You're just saying something that isn't an issue, isn't an issue.
What's the point in this post again?
>>
>>376790523
Turok 2 was one of the first games to use a weapon wheel and it has more than 8 weapons. nuPrey also has a weapon wheel and I saw a webm on here where it had a shitload of things on it. The weapon wheel isn't the cause of the lack of weapons.
>>
>>376790742

Isn't that new pokemon game obviously built around having exp share on to keep your pokemon team leveled at least somewhat.

I'm sure I've seen people saying they've ran into trainers with pokemon like 15 levels higher than them when they turn that exp share thing off.
>>
>>376790838
Let's skip the leddit-like talk. The post is meant to prove OP's point, not to argue with your post.
But yeah, there are some games that suffer from new features, but the new things like Phoenix mode and the new Exp Share are really just there to hand-hold new players in.
>>
File: floodplainfort.jpg (2MB, 3200x1333px) Image search: [Google]
floodplainfort.jpg
2MB, 3200x1333px
>>376790716
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32695/?
You might find this to be to your liking.
>>
>>376791049
No, I completely understand your point. OP is making an arguement that the developer adding casualising mechanics is a detriment when not utilising them. We're talking about the videogame industry, so when OP makes a broad statementnon developers as a whole, of course the outcome of the decisions every single videogame developer makes will have varying degrees of success. Please don't mince words, when you list Pokemon and Fire Emblem as your examples as to why it isn't always a detriment when not utilising newer game mechanics, you are not contributing to the conversation at all. And by the way, don't ever mention reddit again, unless you're from there. I'm not saying that's the case, but if that's true, then stay there. Your post offered nothing to the conversation whatsoever
>>
>>376790523
When you remember that before weapon wheels became a thing, games went the route of having only 2 weapons max and you use a single button to switch between them, 8 weapons max isn't so bad anymore.
>>
>>376790246
Dick waving. "I wish more of my bones were broken"
>>
>>376791009
>Isn't that new pokemon game obviously built around having exp share on to keep your pokemon team leveled at least somewhat.
No. You can easily play through XY, ORAS, and SM without the Exp Share on. SM w/o Exp Share is harder than XYORAS w/o Exp Share but it's still only a moderate difficulty.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.