[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please slap together a cheap-ass Aztec-themed souls-like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: mictlantecuhtli.jpg (33KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
mictlantecuhtli.jpg
33KB, 300x360px
Can someone please slap together a cheap-ass Aztec-themed souls-like game so that BROWNPRIDE HUEHUE BR BR faggots can stop spamming that dumb-ass meme concept already?

It's getting really annoying to not be able to go through a Bloodborne/Fromsoft/Souls speculation thread without seeing those two or three faggots circlejerking to "muh aztec souls" for literally no good reason.
Like they think it's actually a viable concept and not a cheap-ass hipster gimmick for mentally retarded LARPers who immediately began wanking over macuahuitl when they realized that katanas aren't perceived as cool weapons anymore.

So basically I'd like someone to shit out a crude ersatz of Dark Souls, but with green feathers and bongala-bonga huehue music. Is that possible?
>>
>>376790090
Who has ever suggested this?
>>
File: 44b.png (202KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
44b.png
202KB, 378x378px
>>376790090
Is that King Dedede?
>>
Have you considered people suggest it because it's a good idea?

Also

>Aztecs
>Brazilians

Do you not know basic geography?
>>
>>376790169
two or three fags in every fromsoft speculation/wishlist thread.
>>
Nigga what?
>>
>>376790268

Oh no! 2 to 3 people commented! Shit man, thread ruined.
>>
>>376790262
yeah I've considered it, and immediately found out that it isn't a good idea.

Have you at least attempted to stop forcing yourself to believe that it's a good idea?
>>
I hope they do this
>>
Yeah, give me like a month.
>>
>>376790361
neat!
>>
>>376790262
Given that OP can't write one coherent sentence without dropping a meme joke in there, im gonna say no. OP doesn't know basic geography.
>>
There's no enough easily accessible info on South American mythology to make one that feels genuine. It's the same reason why there isn't one based on Africa.

The only cultures of brown people with mythologies strong enough to build an entire world around are Arabic and Indian, but both those groups REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE like crazy if they think you're blaspheming their stuff so nobody does it.
>>
>>376790341
You know what, im gonna start posting that idea in Bloodborne threads just to piss you off.
>>
>>376790489
>implying you didn't wank over it already
don't be mad just cause I called you out on your retarded ideas, be mad cause you can't have any good ideas.
>>
>>376790432
>accessible info on South American mythology to make one that feels genuine
that is entirely false at least respecting Maya and Nahua beliefs, the Popol Vuh alone has enough lore to sustain a franchise

>>376790489
this, what a tasteless faggot
>>
Maybe they just wanna see one of their own in a game other that Just Cause? Personally I think it would be cool, mesoamerican mythos has some crazy ass shit to slap into vidya like a homunculus who decapitates all of his siblings immediately after being born.
>>
>>376790432
>Aztec
>south american

Don't go full retard like OP. Aztecs only inhabited what's now central/southern mexico and a bit of guatmala. Depending on how you want to draw the lines, they were either in north america, mesoamerica, or central america, but there's no even half valid way that they were in south america

In any case "there's not enough easily accesible info" is false. It's certainly not as mainstream as many other mythologies, but information about the pantheon and the basic religious setup is pretty easy to come by if you look, fucking tvtropes of all things has a pretty damn good tl;dr intro to it.

The only area where it'd get iffy is finding myths.
>>
>>376790713
>Popol Vuh
>Nahua

isn't that shit purely maya, a specific subset of maya at that?
>>
>>376790928
yes it is, didn't claim it to be anything else
>>
>>376790974
I misread your post, my bad
>>
File: 1459196558788.jpg (892KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1459196558788.jpg
892KB, 1536x2048px
>>376790841
Everything native from Mexico and south of it all tends to get lumped together in media anyways, so they might as well fill in what ever gaps they have with the other cultures, it's not like most people would notice anyways.
>>
>>376791381
If people wanna lump in all the mesoamerican stuff together, whatever, there's still at least some degree of cultural interchange between them and they all come from a root proto-culture.

But Incan/south american stuff is almost entirely distinct, they literally independently invented agriculture from the mesoamericans
>>
>>376790090
i'm mexican and i didn't know about that, anyway i think that at least our Mythology has pretty good designs for our gods that could be really cool if used for enemy design.

Pic related its Tezcatlipoca
>>
>>376790713
I've been reading the Popol Vuh and its some good shit, shame its not as well known, the boy's pranks are legendary
>jump on an oven on purpose so you can be reborn as fish and then entertainers who can revive those they sacrifice, get famous enough to perform to the death gods who wanted you dead and get them to ask to be sacrificed, then don't revive them and finally avenge your father(s) before turning into the Sun and Moon
>>
>>376790090
Mexicunt here, only chicanos use that brown pride shit.
Also aztecs have nothing to do with br br bros, don't think they wil be into that.
>>
>>376792594
>only chicanos use that brown pride shit
that isn't true and you know it
>>
>>376790974
>>376790928
>>376791368
I googled it out of curiosity, Nahua are a Toltec/Aztec group, Maya were in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula and a few countries south of it but well still well within continental North America, the only South American empire that I could find were the Inca,at a glance. all seemed to have different ways of ruling other tribes/peoples.
>>
>>376793467
You have it backwards: the aztec were Nahua group
>>
File: 1459933872080.png (15KB, 568x568px) Image search: [Google]
1459933872080.png
15KB, 568x568px
>>376793786
That's what I said.
>>
>>376794263
No, you said Nahua was an aztec group.

It's a all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares situation.
>>
File: 1461396691089.png (66KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1461396691089.png
66KB, 250x220px
>>376794448
Ah, ok I see your point.
>>
File: 2053616045_08014704c2_b.jpg (533KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2053616045_08014704c2_b.jpg
533KB, 1024x768px
I love how despite being a small thread in euro hours and having started by a shitpost OP, this thread has been so civilized
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.