[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game was mentioned a total of zero (0) times when discussing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

This game was mentioned a total of zero (0) times when discussing the golden era of 3D platformers back in Yooka laylee threads. Why. This games fun.
>>
Because no one played it
>>
you guys just put the term "golden era" in front of anything now huh
>>
>>376786985
I remember stealing this from a friend of mine for a little while cause I enjoyed playing it. Looking back now I honestly can't remember anything about it.
>>
its fun, multiplayer is fun.
>>
i played a couple levels of it and it's not bad, but i don't see why some people love it so much.
>>
>>376786985
Ty was much netter.
>>
>>376787151
Noted, saving this for a 'games only you played' thread.
This, Goblin Commander and Barbarian (Titus Games. You have to google the dev with it, it's THAT obscure)
>>
>>376787151
>>376787392
Nah people played it but it isn't as good as you remember
>>
>>376786985
Nah, it was pretty shit. The kind of thing you bring up now to score some hipster points, but as someone who only owned a GameCube at the time, playing trash like this made me sad as I looked at all the amazing games that the PS2 was getting.
>>
>>376787497
I actually played it recently, the multiplayer holds up. Its like DK64 meets Monkey Ball
>>
>>376787628
Yes but that can be said about a great many games

Look at Andromeda
>>
>most underrated 6th gen 3D platformers
Billy Hatcher
Voodoo Vince
Blinx
Toejam & Earl 3
Psychonauts
Rayman 3
Wario World
Vexx
Maximo
Scaler
Metal Arms
I-Ninja
Pac-Man World 2 & 3
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
>>
>>376787628
That fucking egg pisses me when it's a FUCKING gamble if you land correctly on a ledge.
Besides that it is very mediocre
>>
>>376787791
Only I ninja is worth mentioning. The rest can fuck off.
>>
>>376787791
>name a bunch of garbage and pretend I liked it

Literally nobody liked Blinx.
>>
>>376787791
>Psychonauts
>underrated
>>
>>376786985
It was shit, it was my first game ever that I did not complete, so boring
>>
>>376786985
huh, didn't realise sega made this, it was breddy fun
>>
>>376787791
blinx is a terrible game
>>
>>376786985
Billy Hatcher was a solid platformer, that too real skill to beat. It challenged your timing, your precision, and your control over the sticks.
The challenges were built around a unique mechanic. The music was charming, the character designs were charming. But it lacked something that Banjo Kazooie had... And that was real character.

Billy, for all his expressiveness, didn't feel like a character you could connect to. He was more like an avatar of pure excitement and joy for the player to assume. But beyond that, he didn't come across as a thinking independent entity for the player to relate to. And neither did the supporting cast. Because of this, Billy never had the "mascot" appeal required to become the memorable classic.

Couple that with the fact that the game actually required skill, unlike Banjo Kazooie, not many people tolerated the game beyond the first few levels. Billy Hatcher ended up being that one game you rent and forget. Or if you happened to own it, it collects dust on your shelf, if you haven't already loaned it out to your friend indefinitely.

It's a good solid game, that really could have been something, but instead repelled the casuals with low character appeal, and demanding challenge. RIP.
>>
>>376787893
>>376788073
The only criticism I've ever heard of Blinx is that "it's too hard"
>>
>>376787791
>Psychonauts
>Anything but overrated
I played it cause a few communities said it was a great 3D platformer and hailed it as a masterpiece, I played it and experienced one of the most buggy PC ports I've ever played in my life with a subpar, linear, and mostly generic 3D platformer underneath. The artstyle was also trash and reeked of quirky invader zim-tier hipster kid pandering, which makes it not suprising that Tim Schaffer later ended up becoming an SJW just like those same exact hipster kids who grew up on this game. There are many things I can say about that game but underrated is definitely not one. It also makes me mad that such a cool concept was wasted on such a shitty game. That being said, costume quest looks like a cute game and probably the only thing I'll ever play from doublefine after the shitshow that was Psychonauts.
>>
>>376788291
i just remember it being a chore to play
>>
>>376786985
I've played this game, Its a good game/
Also I like this sound track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeVRMo1n8b8
>>
>>376788291
I remember it being pretty difficult compared to the average platformer yeah. Soundtrack was the best part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCkO-g2p0w
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 wished its was this good
>>
>>376786985
>Gen 6
>Golden Era
What, you want to bring up Musashi Samurai Legend while you're at it?
Shit was as Silver era as it comes.
It came out along side shit like
>Tak and the Power of Juju
>Voodoo Vince
>Blinx: The Time Sweeper
>VexX
And a dozen other
>Lets see what Blockbuster has in stock
Quality titles.

Golden era like with comics is when they started out, it is not necessarily a signifyer of quality or quantity, more so a point in time.
Mario 64 is Golden Era.
Bubsy, Banjo-kazooie, Gexx, Glover, Conker etc.

Not the still widely talked about hidden gem that was Billy Hatcher for the Nintendo Gamecube.
For fucks sake I saw a funhaus video the other day where they brought it up, that shit especially has videogame Neutral Milk Hotel status.
>>
>>376787881
Metal Arms is amazing you cunt. Guaranteed you've never played it.
>>
File: 1407136937103.jpg (29KB, 232x320px) Image search: [Google]
1407136937103.jpg
29KB, 232x320px
>Still haven't beaten the fucking circus stage
seriuosly what the fuck it's so hard
>>
>>376788965
>Voodoo Vince
>bad
You haven't even played it
>>
Post N64.

Golden age of platformers was over.
>>
What was the game about what I think was a redhead girl with pigtails who used a hammer?
It may have been an unreleased game for the original xbox.
>>
File: malice_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg (89KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
malice_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg
89KB, 350x500px
>>376789490
>>
File: TheGloveIsLover.jpg (55KB, 320x100px) Image search: [Google]
TheGloveIsLover.jpg
55KB, 320x100px
>>376786985
I too loved Glove 2, great game.
>>
>>376789695
Thank you.
That was it.
>>
>>376787881
>>376787893
>>376787896
>>376788293
>all this shit taste

Fucking neo /v/ trash needs to leave.
>>
>>376786985
This is one of the very few games I've ever 100%ed. I remember loving every second of it as a kid.
>>
>>376789904
How about we keep the people with shit taste and the contrarian shitposters leave instead?
>>
>>376789105
its that one railing where the physics make you fall into the bottomless abyss right?
>>
I especially love the level where the egg goes instantly careening off the level if you move the analog stick in the slightest fraction of a micro cunt-hair off course
>>
>>376789904
psychonauts is a pretty good game but it's not underrated in this day and age. maybe when it was new, but it's been fellated to high heavens by journos in recent years.
>>
>>376788139
Thanks for the in depth reply anon
>>
>>376790148
yup
>>
>>376789904
>disliking some shitty hipster game people relentlessly praise is "shit taste"
>neo-/v/
Sorry but I stand by my statement that psychonauts is fucking awful. One of the few games I wish I could refund, but bought it before refunding games on steam was a feature. It's a buggy piece of shit and the cutscenes don't even work properly half the time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkPkUBPrcQY
>>
Personally I dont get the people who bash 3D Sonic games and praise this game.

Alot of the same faults. Camera, Enemies with health bars and so on
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.