[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes Sonic so interconnected with autism? I used to play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What makes Sonic so interconnected with autism?

I used to play it with my friends back in middle school and they went from relatively normal people to freaks, including me.
>>
autists are predisposed to self-insert as cocky, "cool" characters, no wonder most of them love sonic and gangsta rappers
>>
>>376785731
How do we explain bronies then?
>>
>Simple designs that can easily be made with a template
>Characters all have simple and easy to understand personalities "the easygoing one" "the tough one" "the smart one" etc.
>>376785904
Same shit
>>
>>376785904
Rainbow Dash.
>>
>>376785904
it's like this guy said: >>376786245
>Characters all have simple and easy to understand personalities "the easygoing one" "the tough one" "the smart one" etc.

from my observations the ones with lower mental age tend to prefer the colorful / easygoing / always happy characters, the more functional ones (e.g. same mental and physical age) tend to emulate the "tough", "cool" or "edgy" characters

sonic is literally the austist kryptonite, he has the visuals of a cartoon character and a 2cool4school personality
>>
I think it has to do with the Adventure games trying to have a relatively serious plot (in regards to being in a game about a talking blue hedgehog).
Its something kids might think is cool, but the typical person will come to realize how dumb and silly it is. Autists eat that shit up though.
>>
File: 1494291453749.jpg (161KB, 737x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494291453749.jpg
161KB, 737x1024px
>>376786692
how is that any different from comics though
normies eat that shit up as well as autists
>>
>>376785596
Because the most vocal sonic fans are ones who openly shout about their autism.
>>
>>376785904
Cute characters.
>>
File: 1494288672537.jpg (76KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
1494288672537.jpg
76KB, 600x607px
>>376787000
Does playing Sonic trigger autism or is it a sort of magnet for preexisting autism
>>
>>376785596
Partly because of Chris-Chan (autism is everywhere, he just brought it into the mainstream for Soinc), partly because 'gotta go fast' appeals to those with weak attention spans, and partly because the characters are humanoids (easy to self-insert but completely unrealistic, a.k.a good for escapism).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.