[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this new update reeeeeeeeee what servers do you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: rust_.jpg (5KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
rust_.jpg
5KB, 329x153px
Fuck this new update reeeeeeeeee

what servers do you guys play on now?
>>
Shocked to see a Rust thread on /v/. I am absolutely in love with this game.

I actually don't really mind the twig update? It's kinda cool but tons of the steam reviews are of people RRRREEEEEEEEEEing about it.
>>
>>376783515
I play the uninstall server.
>>
>>376783585
i fell in love with the game 2 or 3 months ago but ever since the twig update i dont wanna play anymore

they completely ruined it
>>
I haven't played this in 2 years
Every time i used to start up a game, I get griefed couple days into it
>idk how to start a self server without buying another copy, and i didn't have enough autism to pay for private servers
>>
>>376785604
It's pretty easy if you've ever worked with a console before. And getting the dedicated server is free.
You'll just need SteamCMD [by Valve], and download app 258550 using the terminal.

Guide
> rustafied.com/how-to-host-your-own-rust-server/
>>
>>376783515
>>376784136
kek
>Rust went to shit after legacy was demolished
Legacy was probably the most fun I ever had.
>>
>>376786376
yep. same. they keep reinventing and changing the game; it's never going to be complete and players are always going to be beholden to chaotic adjustments to various always-in-development factors, causing them to just barely get invested in base building and just grief each other forever. game is over.
>>
>>376783515

What's wrong with the new update? Buffed spears and Crossbows.
>>
What changed in the update? Haven't played for a few weeks.
>>
>still no punishments for people who roof camp or play in big groups
>no punishment for offline raiding

dog shit game, cool concept but folds under the weight of how pathetic and cancerous people are
>>
File: well has it.jpg (66KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
well has it.jpg
66KB, 600x327px
>>376787136
okay let me stop you there nigger I hate this game but those are valid tactics.
>Roof snipe so people can fuck off my land
>raid when they're asleep to avoid a massive battle
has history taught you nothing?
>>
>>376787284
>valid tactics

You're talking about a video game. Being a little pussy is not a "tactic," it's just being a little pussy.
>>
>>376787284
While it's a interesting idea for a game, it doesn't pan out well if you can't play the game for 6 hours a day or playing solo.
>>
devs need to add more reasons to work together. if spending hours raiding a sleeping person's home weren't the most profitable thing to do, people might do other stuff
>>
>>376783515

It's funny how as the years go on Garry becomes more and more of an insufferable fagget. One day if he's not already, will be a full special snowflake tranny tumblrina.
>>
>>376787284

I think he's actually complaining about the new update that allows you to build Twig even in building blocked zones, so Roof Camping is pretty hard to do without getting skullfucked and losing your stuff.
>>
>>376787759

You don't really have to play, "6 hours a day". You can play for 2 hours, build a simple base, and play at your leisure from then on.

The reason people think it takes 6+ hours a day is because you're a fucking moron who can't stop themselves from building a massive fucking base that says KILL ME I HAVE LOOT I WON'T USE.

Seriously it's incredible how many shitters show up in these threads.

First thing you should do if your a cuck solo player that can't handle their own is offer to farm up sulfur for a small group of guys in exchange for a pickaxe and to build near them. They have bigger enemies than your pathetic ass.
>>
File: 1488276294844.jpg (363KB, 1002x2414px) Image search: [Google]
1488276294844.jpg
363KB, 1002x2414px
Ironically enough /pol/ is the only board that actually has an active clan in this game. You can find their groups on Rustopia or Rustafied if you spot any Reichstag bases. I've played with them before and funnily enough they're all better than /v/ too (/v/ is shit at every game they collaborate in)
>>
>>376788514
i'd honestly MUCH rather play with people who are bad at the game than anyone from /pol/
>>
>>376785604
getting a 50 slot dedicated server is like 10 bucks a month or something
>>
>>376786906
>>376787017
You can now build ladders and twig foundation/floors/walls on other peoples base even if they have a tc. However twig decays in 2 hours and you cannot upgrade it if you dont have building privilege.

The update sucks because now everybody can get on your roof with only a small ammount of wood so you are fucked. Before you had raid towers and that was more fun at least people had to invest some wood to get on your roof now it's easy as fuck which makes honeycombing useless
>>
>>376788514
how do I join the /pol/ clan?
>>
>>376788893
>makes honeycombing useless
god forbid there be risk
>>
File: FortressOverSimplehouseAnyDayM8.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FortressOverSimplehouseAnyDayM8.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>376788357
>Join server
>Making a house for an hour
>Chilling in house
>watch a video on something
>come back
>guy speaking russian with an ak outside
>maybe friendly
>had all my lights turned off
>speak
>"you friendly? nigga"
>"Дaй мнe cвoи вeщи"
>he blows my door open
>comes in and shoots me
>spawn back
>hes looting my stuff
>finds nothing
>kills me again and leaves
Yea this small simple base shit will never work in a game like rust.
I'd rather have a massive fucking tower with windows on each floor to shoot from instead of having a 2x2 house.
>>
>>376787969
Garry voted NO against the new update so its not in his hands i guess?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252490/discussions/0/1326718197212357295/?ctp=15
>>
>>376788939
its just not fun whats the point in building a base if anyone with only a few c4 can get in and steal or despawn all your loot? Its just not any fun anymore. Before it would take people much more c4 so they actually had to work for it now anyone can raid your base unless you put a shitload of floors on top of it which costs a fuckload only big clans have time for to actually make.
>>
>>376789048
He's mentioned many times that Rust is now Helk's game and it's too bad Helk now literally caves into Reddit's bitching to every little change or direction
>>
>>376789150
>Before it would take people much more c4 so they actually had to work for it
which was the issue
>>
>>376788982
to be honest the only way to git gud at this game while being a solo player is to have no fucking life at all and play 10hrs a day. I unfortunately dont have time for that anymore. So its best to just team up and find a small group to play with at least then the game will be fun. I tried solo for so long and then just gave up but finding good people is kinda shit i dont want people that keep on talking but i dont want people that dont talk at all because thats a pain in the ass too to have no communication
>>
>>376789239
not really

making your bass so it would cost a ton of c4 to blow up was actually rewarding for your hard work and also made your base a little safe when you were offline. But right now its piss easy and there is no fun in playing and collecting shit for a day if you know anyone that passes can just take it away unless you spend an insane ammount honeycombing a 10 story tall base but thats fucking 3 day labor
>>
>>376789342
not really

defenses were too cheap
offensive tools were too expensive

honeyshitters getting fucked is a-ok
>>
>>376789342
>your bass

sheeeeet
>>
>>376789413

I dont get why this doesnt bother you. Please tell me. Do you like getting raided easily? I wanna understand
>>
>>376789253
might help to lay off the huge run-on sentences if communication is so important to you
>>
>>376789474
>I dont get why this doesnt bother you.
i don't get why you're playing a game like rust if you're so afraid of other players being able to fuck with you
>>
>>376789494
Yeah thats a well know problem it just happens for some reason i did notice it before but haven't established why i do this so much it might be because im fucking adhd or some shit anyway i meant more like people who dont use mic because you gotta have a mic in a game like this if you wanna survive
>>
>>376783515
Honestly the twig changes just suck ass for compounds. Even if I play solo I always build a compound with high exteriors so I could have a large furnace and oil refinery. Now it's completely pointless which fucking sucks because farming wood for several small furnaces is a pain in the ass- large furnaces were a god send for getting started up quick
>>
>>376789540
Because now you cant protect yourself against people fucking with you. It's just way too easy to fuck someone over now it's not fun anymore.

>>376789568
Yup. The twig update just sucks. If they were gonna do this they should've at least made it ladder only.
>>
Anyone got any experience with modded servers? What's better now with the new update, modded server with old TC rules or still vanilla? Do you also play x5 or some shit?
>>
File: 1425677828790.png (598KB, 972x936px) Image search: [Google]
1425677828790.png
598KB, 972x936px
>>376788514
>/v/ is shit at every game they collaborate in
>being this new
>>
>>376789630
>It's just way too easy to fuck someone over now it's not fun anymore.
the attacker still has a higher resource requirement than the defender for the game's intended level of automatic safety
>>
>consolefags get stuck with a shittier Rust-- ARK
>consolefags will never EVER get Rust (confirmed)

literally lmaoing at your life if your only option in a mediocre genre is the worst option
>>
I don't really understand the point of Rust. Every stranger I came across while I was playing it would shoot on sight. Even if I was naked and had nothing. And even if I did have stuff, half those people who shot me didn't even bother to loot my corpse.
What do you get out of acting like a total fuckwad? I just don't get it
>>
>>376790352
Rust is basically a deathmatch with base building mechanics. It was a disaster from the beginning.
>>
>>376787136
Rust and Ark is all about knowing who's gonna offline raid you and offline raiding them first nigga.
>>
>>376790352
Most people seem to shoot on sight so that they either don't also get shot on sight, or get fucked by someone pretending to be harmless. There's a lot of incentive to kill random solo players you encounter, and not so much to leave them alive.
>>
>>376790710
>this person I've encountered might be a cunt
>so I'll just preempt them by being a cunt first
Again, I don't get it
>>
>>376783515
i like this game but its unoptimized as fuck i play for about an hour and it eats up almost all my ram
>>
>>376790815
You have no idea how many time I give nakeds the benefit of doubt and even offer them tools just to have them pick up some wood off the ground, craft a spear and try to kill me.
>>
>>376783515
>new update means that people can actually do something about clankiddies and turbofaggots with megahuge bases
>all of the 15 year olds and bullied manchildren immediately sperg out

good

rust is/was a mistake
>>
>>376791180
I don't understand those people either. I pose the question once again. What do these people get out of being fuckwads?
>>
>>376790815
Even if they aren't a cunt, the average player probably still sees more reward in shooting someone anyways over giving them the benefit of the doubt, because even non-cunts still have stuff worth looting half the time. It's not necessarily good that this happens, it's just a design issue that there aren't more compelling reasons to spare people in the first place.
>>
>>376791248
You'll undersand once you realize 80% of the players are actually edgy teens and preteens who ask mommy and daddy to buy him steam cards for his spicy new game.
>>
>>376791214
ehmm but i never bother anyone
>>
>>376791020
>toaster problems
>>
>>376787284
>Be in a gun fight with some other dude
>Suddenly roof camper finishes me off.
>He gets no reward whatsoever but the other guy does.
Such amazing tactic.
>>
>>376791180
>>376791248
The worst is when they lie to your fucking face. People who literally scream, "Friendly, Friendly!" as they are hitting you with a rock... like what?

Edgy little kids see their favorite streamer playing like a total dickhead, so they get the impression that Rust is a deathmatch game, but you have to grind for the guns and the gun mechanics are shit. If everyone's gonna treat the game like that, I have no choice but to go along with it, even though I'd prefer not to.
>>
>>376788357
Not everyone is general sam and not everyone gives a fuck about some 4chin offering them sulfur
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.