[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing "grind: The game"/turn based RPGS in general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
>Playing "grind: The game"/turn based RPGS in general

What the fucking point of these shitty fucking games? Where the fun in playing a game where skill literally does not matter in the slightest, and all that matters is how much time you've wasted grinding enemies? Even if you play perfectly, it literally doesn't fucking matter and you can still lose because your numbers just were not big enough to let you win.

"Oh, you can't beat this boss/super hard stage, even though you're literally playing next to perfectly and making the best decisions? Well, that's because the boss has bigger numbers than you, and you need to spend another 6 hours grinding regular enemies to level up and make your numbers bigger just so you can move on! FUN!"

These games are the most retarded bullshit I know.

May as well play fucking Warframe or Cookie Clicker if you seriously only care about making numbers bigger instead of actually having your skill matter. At least warframe makes you use your reflexes and cookie clicker lets you do other shit while playing.
>>
>poses a question
>proceeds to answer his own question
what a useless thread
>>
While it's obvious that the postgame in disgaea games is the "real game" to the fans, there's still plenty of regular story content before that which never requires any grinding. I've played a couple of Disgaea games and never feel compelled to get into the post-game content because it's too mindless, but the stories are okayish as a guilty pleasure.
>>
I think the stages should have a limit on how much you can over level them, on my first playthrough I had tons of fun doing all sorts of strategies and building towers and throwing characters.

Once you realize 90%+ of the mechanics can be ignored by just over leveling 1 faggot the game becomes way less interesting.

If a stage has lvl 100 monsters, maybe the highest you can be is 150, or something like that, but if you bring a lvl 500 faggot there it's just a snoozefest.
>>
>>376782253
>never requires any grinding
well that depends on how many characters you're using, but if you're the kind of person who makes a dozen characters in chapter one, you probably don't mind grinding
>>
>>376781917
>making the "best decisions"
>Picking a fight with someone out of his league

In all seriousness though, there's actually a pretty good deal of strategy in Disgaea games. Buffs/debuffs are something like a 20% modifier, lift/throw makes enemies waste turns/lets you cover more ground quickly, and in the later games passive abilities become an important consideration as well.

The only real problem is that the story is capped hilariously low compared to your maximum power level, so simply brute forcing your way through is incredibly easy. People like you then figure that is the only way through the game, and we get threads like this.

Post game? Yeah, that's a grind. But at that point you are "done" with the game extra and all the real grinding is 100% optional past that point. If you really get into the systems it can be a blast min/maxing your way to the top. If you aren't into that, then drop the game once you finish the story.
>>
Grinding is fun but not in an SRPG, fucking ew
>>
It's fun to see numbers go up.
>>
>>376783671
this

and they go way, way the fuck up in disgaea
>>
Not for nothing OP but you decided to go out of your way to grind for the main story, they're balanced around a normal rpg level curve. When it comes to postgame its not about brute force grinding but rather about gaming the system to make the grind as trivial as possible.
>>
The addition of Evilities and Overloads added more of a strategy to the game. With Squad Attacks, certain abilities and Overloads, it is very possible to take down enemies WAAAY stronger than you

Usalia's Overload/Berserker mode deals damage to all enemies, but also opens up combo attack range, meaning she can assist allies all over the board.

Keeping Christo next to your lower level/accuracy units gives them 100% accuracy+25% evasion chance, plus some of his healing abilities make him great support.

Zeroken isn't particularly strong, but slap a couple of Accelerators/Thrusters on him to raise his movement. One of his passive abilities raises his evasion for each square moved, another raises his crit rate. He can also temporarily raise his movement range if he moves after attacking. He's pretty much an untouchable scout for me against higher level enemies.

There's a shit ton of DLC characters that also have their niches. Like Pokemon, right now I'm more about powerleveling my fave characters before I take on some of the more extreme post game stuff. Then again I'm kind of casual when it comes to Disgaea. Highest level character was 2000 for me before reincarnation, but using all sorts of different strategies to take down higher level enemies was always fun.

Pic unrelated
>>
>"I don't like thing, so it shouldn't exist!"

Fuck off SJW.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.