[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05 /13/prey-review-2 >RE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 20170513124311.jpg (98KB, 1178x478px) Image search: [Google]
20170513124311.jpg
98KB, 1178x478px
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/13/prey-review-2
>REVIEWED ON PC, PS4 AND XBOX ONE

Welp, IGN just changed Prey PC version score to 8.0
>>
File: Slowpokin.png (47KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpokin.png
47KB, 260x240px
>>
>>376781791

Stapleton received a lot of flak because he gave great scores to other extremely buggy games, including FO4 which like prey had a game breaking bug at launch and unlike prey it had a bug around every corner
>>
File: scarab.gif (11KB, 52x72px) Image search: [Google]
scarab.gif
11KB, 52x72px
what's the point of giving games scores if they're just gonna change it because they can't handle some heat
>>
>game is broken
>give it a low score

>game gets fixed
>update the review with a higher score

there is literally nothing wrong with this

now
>game is borken as fuck
>"9.5/10 they'll fix it LOL"
>they never did
>>
>>376782268
see >>376781964
>>
>>376782389
I know duh, that's what I was referring to

there is also nothing wrong with improving your practices, which is what happened here
>>
Just did the voice recording thing and got into the storage. How far in am I? Redboxed it so I'm curious to see how long I've got.
>>
>>376782061
see >>376782268
>>
>>376782268
But the issue was fixed before the review was published.
>>
>>376784489
it was written and submitted before the issue was most likely

and by the time realized, it was put up

not the end of the world
>>
>>376782496
go away ign
>>
>>376784489
>>376784570
also, next time, it would also help to submit working copies for reviews

what do you expect them to do
>>
>>376784570
>>376784623
Well hold off on publishing the review, for starters. Secondly the damage is done as its Metacritic score is forever stained by this.
>>
>>376784868
>damage
only one to blame is the one that handed a out a broken game for review, it got its deserved score

fix your damn game beforehand
>>
Is there any mod in this game really not worth getting?
>>
>>376784925
It was fixed already. Fuck off with your blatant shitposting.
>>
>>376785067
it wasn't, retard

they handed out a broken game, and it's what got reviewed

that it got fixed before the review got published doesn't change they gave a broken game for review
>>
>>376784978
stamina, in my opinion. not a big problem before you get the stamina regen chipset, and after you get it the mod is useless

I've played like 90% of the game on nightmare before getting stamina mods, simply because I had nothing else that I wanted to get (fuck the slowmo)
>>
>>376785256
Also, any must have mod when just starting out?

The one where you move heavy objects seems useful.
>>
>>376785435
The one that allows you to harvest Typhon organs.
>>
>>376784868

>Secondly the damage is done as its Metacritic
score is forever stained by this

It's a good thing Metacritic scores don't affect the enjoyment you get from playing a video game then.
>>
>>376785161

>they handed out a broken game

I don't think you know what broken actually is. If the game was unplayable for 90% of people, then it would be broken. Arkham Knight on the PC was "broken" because few people could run it properly and it was gimped at 30fps. Prey had a very rare glitch that affected a small amount of people playing the game.

If your Ferrari breaks down does that mean all Ferrari's are lemons? No.

If the game was broken, every other reviewer would've brought it up as well, but it was just an extremely unlucky error that one of the biggest and shittiest gaming publications happened to experience, otherwise they would've given it the expected 8/10 and called it a day.
>>
>>376784868
You care way too much about critics' scores. Do you even like playing video games?
>>
Question for those who have played it thoroughly:

Does time stop when you're using the inventory or crafting menus or is it in real time?
>>
>>376791709
Stops for inventory but doesn't for crafting.
>>
>>376792209
Lame.
There should be a risk for letting your guard down while going through your inventory.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.