[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is just exhausting to play. I saw the interactive map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

This game is just exhausting to play. I saw the interactive map and there were seeds and shrines everywhere. Does Nintendo seriously expect people to have fun hunting each and everyone of these little dots down? Are all open world games like this?
>>
You're not supposed to follow the interactive map, you're supposed to follow your own curiosity.

Other open worlds put every dot on the map, and there's a reason BotW doesn't.
>>
>>376758482
No. That's why you get literally NOTHING for hunting down all the seeds.

The shrines at least will give you max stamina and hearts and their locations encourage further exploration of the map.
>>
>>376758482
>Nintendo put too much content in the game, therefore the game sucks

/v/ has become a parody of a parody of itself at this point
>>
>>376758482
You don't need the koroks seeds, less than half to upgrade all slots, and having all slots is just much more than you will ever need. Shrines are for hearts and stamina, and having 15 hearts is more than enough. All that content is optional anyway so I don't see a problem unless you really want to 100% the game, which I don't see why you would.
>>
>>376758482
Nintendo have openly said they don't expect anyone but the most autistic to actually try and find everything.

The beauty of BotW is that everything in the game is optional. You have just one objective; beat the bad guy in the castle. How you go about doing it is up to you. You can do as much or as little as you want. Nothing is forced on you. The game can last 1 hour or 200 hours.
>>
>>376758770
>nothing

Adding more inventory space is something sir
>>
>>376758814
Not all content is equal. Shrines, seeds, album completion, etc. is just grunt work. It's the kind of stuff you'd see in MMOs.
>>
>>376758928
Hunting ALL the seeds gives you a literal turd.
>>
I only ever found about 200 koroks, and I played about 180 hours.
>>
>>376758979
Yeah, I really hate how the game forces you to do all that.

Oh wait...
>>
>>376758482
Your reward for getting all the korok seeds is literally a golden piece of poop, so no, they don't expect you to get all of them. There are 900.
>>
>>376758928
You only need half of them to max out your inventory. The reward for getting all of them is a piece of shit.
>>
>>376759016
Yeah that's why there are 900 of them; it allows everyone to find at least enough to upgrade a few slots no matter where they go in the game. It was never meant to be an insane thing for autists to collect.
>>
>>376758482
>>>376758482
>No. That's why you get literally NOTHING for hunting down all the seeds.

Wrong
>>
>>376758928
See >>376759016

You don't need to get all of them. The fact that you get a piece of gold shit as a reward just says how terrible collect-a-thons are in the year [current year].

It was fine when it took you at most 1 minute to reach the other side of a map or level. Collecting things now serves no purpose but to pad empty games (asscreed, watchdogs, gtav).

At least in crackdown the collectibles were put in places that challenged your acrobatics/agility.
>>
>>376759016
Can this turd repair weapons
>>
>>376759120
Point is the meat of the game is lacking. I feel like I'm playing a single player MMO and I'm jumping to various quest hubs except I don't get any exp. Nintendo should've just gone all the way and made this game an MMO.
>>
>>376759407
No, just watch hestu's dance.
>>
>>376758482
The game actively punishes completionists

>most of the shrines suck so hunting all of them down is unfulfilling
>korok seeds are repetitive as fuck and the reward for getting them all is a literal turd
>doing all four of the divine beasts means you get less final boss content

Might as well not worry about 100%ing and just play at your own pace. It's not worth "conquering" a game like this, it's a waste of time.
>>
>>376759407
>not using using your weapons and throwing them at enemies when they are near death
>>
>>376758482
Literally fucking nobody expects anyone to hunt all fucking Korok seeds, you don't even need half of them to get ALL slots upgrades and even then there's no reason to get any slot upgrades beside weapons. Finding all 120 shrines isn't that long nor complicated and is actually fun to do and rewarding of exploration. Just because you have autism doesn't mean it's bad game design.
>>
File: 1403010093846.png (486KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403010093846.png
486KB, 1280x720px
They made a game for you to explore any way you want, not to explore it all.
Putting korok seeds and shrines everywhere makes is so that no matter what path you choose, you have the same chances of encountering a good amount.
>>
File: wow nothing.jpg (39KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
wow nothing.jpg
39KB, 248x252px
>>376759342
>You get a literal turd that lets you see Hetsu's faggot dance
>>
File: 20170509_114221.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_114221.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here's your drink OP.
>>
I just finished the game killing Calamity Ganon. I am disappointed
>music is dull.
>next to zero interesting characters. Bolson, kilton and purah were good but most others are bland.
> shrines are too easy
> no temples
> no item progression
> world design is occasionally good but too often it's complete shit
> voice acting is terrible (also, why doesnt gorons talk like gorons anymore?)
> side quests are not memorable

There are many nice features such as cutting trees, cooking food, open world, things like that but I feel that Nintendo cut out most stuff which makes Zelda a good game in the first place and replaced it with modern survival-esque features.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.