[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you please be so kind as to explain to me why Morrowind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1469360477643.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469360477643.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
Would you please be so kind as to explain to me why Morrowind was such a better game than Oblivion?

I've played both all the way through, and I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion much, much more than Morrowind. Its probably worth mentioning that I played Morrowind and Oblivion on Xbox and Xbox 360 respectively. That means no mods whatsoever.
I found just about every aspect of Oblivion's gameplay to be much better than Morrowind's. I never really understood the combat in Morrowind either. I mean, if I swing a sword through your head, it should hit you. What does it matter that I'm level 2? I saw the blade travel through your skull. I didn't miss.
Morrowind's story was longer than Oblivion's for sure, but I found the two about the same as far as how interesting they were.
In my view, Oblivion was a game that was just as interesting as Morrowind, only with better gameplay. Why does everyone think Morrowind is better?
>>
>Why does everyone think Morrowind is better?
because it is
>>
Mainly nostalgia, I recently got Morrowind on steam again and god, its just not as good as I remember it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (47KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
47KB, 500x620px
It's not that there's just more varied atmospheres around the continent but becuase oblivion had a lot of editor-precrafted dungeon segments that felt copypaste as fuck, the loot wasn't nearly placed around on shelves and as actual objects in the world, so most of oblivion felt like it was sucked dry by stupid shit like chests and barrels.

more shiny shit and less menus where you hit the x button to take all
>>
>>376757181
It's babies first test game. In a few years this board will be flooded with Oblivion threads
>>
Currently playing all TES games in reverse order. I'm on Skyrim now but I've never played anything before Oblivion and I'm stoked to play Morrowind.
>>
>>376757926
don't let daggerfall turn you off from arena
>>
>>376757412
people like it and I don't so it's because of nostalgia. can people fuck off with this stupid shit
>>
>>376757181

Morrowind had a much better atomsphere and far more unique world. Oblivion was mideval Europe simulator like pretty much every other rpg. Morrowinds world felt far more foreign.

Also the level scaling in Oblivion was crap. In Morrowind daedric weapons where rare until high levels, and even then only dropped by certain enemies. In Oblivion every bandit on the side of the road post level 30 ran around in deadric and glass armor. Kind of makes deadric as armor not as special.
>>
Its gameplay is worse but the setting is better. Shivering Isles >>> Morrowind in every way though.
>>
>>376757181
Better world
No fucking awful level scaling
Boatloads of questlines to discover
So many cities and towns that weren't walled off.
No lame fast travel

I could go on all day, all Oblivion has over Morrowind is the combat, Dark Brotherhood and Shivering Isles.
>>
File: mapmorrenormous.jpg (3MB, 2668x3095px) Image search: [Google]
mapmorrenormous.jpg
3MB, 2668x3095px
>>376758347

This, the world in Morrowind is completely different and way more interesting
>>
>>376757181
The gameplay in Morrowind is far superior. Some people like the lore and setting better as well, but that's all secondary.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.