[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Prey get a lot of hate on /v/? To me, it feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Why does Prey get a lot of hate on /v/? To me, it feels like a first-person Dark Souls, with the twisting level design and difficulty. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Also, it works on my rig
>>
>>376755514
>open world bounty hunter game was canceled for this nu-Prey
>linear corridors
>5 weapons whole game
>xD superpowers
>literally no story
>but muh pre-records, lazy devs
>clunky ass shit
>all the kids love crafting xD
>ugly female MC
>confusing level design

its pretty shit m8. Sorry you dont agree with us.
>>
I have a question about the ending

So was Morgan ever a real person?
If so, what happened to him/her?
>>
People on /v/ just hate videogames. Don't let the opinions of others bust up yours, senpai.
>>
>>376755514

>To me, it feels like a first-person Dark Souls

Please kill yourself.

>>376755853

Morgan Yu was a real person, but they died following the events aboard the space station. The simulation was created using their memories.
>>
File: 1492447659763.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1492447659763.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
>>376755818
>Another open world shootan game canceled for a System Shock style RPG with comfy space walking
Oh no.
>>
File: 1493952717015.gif (3MB, 194x191px) Image search: [Google]
1493952717015.gif
3MB, 194x191px
>>376755818
The confusing level design makes it good.
I never played the original Prey, so I didn't really care about Prey 2, so it's not skin off my back either.
5 weapons is alright, since they're all pretty enjoyable.
The story is kinda bad. I'll agree with you on that.
The crafting fits. I don't see why people hate crafting in games.
>choosing a female in the first place
Gunplay feels alright to me. Nothing to write home about, though. I hate how leaning works.

Still a fun game.

Maybe I just have shit taste
>>
>>376755818
I've seen this bait before, why'd you leave out "forced lesbo SJW shit"?
>>
>>376756174

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Kinda depressing though knowing you're playing a simulated dead person.
>>
File: 1492879213998.gif (2MB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1492879213998.gif
2MB, 250x209px
>>376756174
What's wrong with Dark Souls?
Why is it the popular opinion to hate Dark Souls all the sudden? It's my favorite game of all time. It has some flaws, but it's still a great game.

Dark Souls III is the one I don't enjoy too much, but the rest of the series is great.
>>
>>376755818
>5 weapons whole game
categorically false. im 5 hours in and have 10 weapons
>>
>>376756413
Where is forced SJW lesbo shit? I'm 18 hours in and I haven't even entered the G.U.T. yet. I'm exploring at a snail's pace, but it's all good
>>
>>376756492
I love Dark Souls too but fucking everything is compared to it these days.

>IT'S THE DARK SOULS OF THE ______ GENRE
>>
>>376756932
It reminds me of Dark Souls. That's all I said.
It's got looping level design, it doesn't have much in the way of tutorials, it's hard, punishing, and the story isn't presented up front.

It's honestly the most any game has reminded me of Dark Souls since I first played Dark Souls in 2013
>>
>>376755818
>>376756305
Prey 2 was mediocre shit, and it was canceled because it was mediocre shit.

Bethesda and company didn't sit down after five years or so, pick up Prey 2, play it, and decide to themselves:
>"Oh my god, this is the best game ever created, it must be kept from the uncultured masses."

It was shit and they didn't want to put their name on it.

>>376755853
>>376756431
He might be alive in some way, maybe the Typhon was made using Morgan's corpse.
There's also the bit where the 'voice of the coral' changes gender depending on the Morgan you pick, so maybe they were assimilated by the Typhon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>376755514
I think the most hate comes from the original Prey 2 studios getting cucked, then having their game in name-only turned into something else entirely.

Prey 2 still looks fucking amazing. Dated for this time period, but the concept is sick.

>"Rusty Cage" playing as the new sheriff in town is about to lay down with the big iron on his hip

Oh, what dreams may come...
>>
>>376755818
>linear corridors
>confusing level design

I laughed, you have to be trolling, but I'll at least respond to your weapon comment: you're on a research space station, why would you have access to any weapons? Low velocity rounds like that from a silenced pistol or a shutgun make by far the most sense in an environment where you have to be cautious about puncturing the hull, SMGs technically could also be utilized and they kind of are in the form of turrets.

Forget about anything explosive, the Q-Beam kind of makes sense because it was an experimental weapon they were designing before shit went tits up.
>>
>>376755514
that feeling when you fill the recycler to the brim and then activate it is satisfying as fuck
>>
>>376755818
>linear corridors

Play the game before you bitch about it faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.