[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it safe to admit that Fallout 4 isn't nearly as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: 1466248032777.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466248032777.png
2MB, 1600x900px
When is it safe to admit that Fallout 4 isn't nearly as bad as some people act like it is?

here's a lot Fallout 4 did wrong, but it also did a lot right. It was my understanding that every Fallout game was pretty flawed, but that's what made the series great. Each one offered a different Fallout experience. Then one November night in 2015, Fallout 4 released, and that suddenly went out the window and the Fallout community lost their minds and this community turned toxic towards anyone with a different opinion.
I could write a book about each Fallout game and what they do wrong, but what's the point in endlessly complaining and being bitter? When can we go back to thinking rationally and appreciating what each Fallout game does right?
>>
well, i didn't think eating that turd was so bad; there were bits of corn in it
>>
I can agree with that, FO4 did do some things right-ish. Not to say that these aspects, like the power armor, the settlement building and the gunplay are absolutely perfect but they are decent enough. That said, they just aren't enough to carry the game. The other Fallouts are flawed too but not as fundamentally flawed as FO4 was. And that's the biggest problem with the game.
>>
>>376755438
I honestly enjoy it more than fallout 3 and nv
>>
It's not a fallout game
Its a shitty open world bade building game in a badly understood fallout setting
>>
Its not the worst game ever made but its just another generic open world pseudo rpg like 90% of western RPGs after the mid 2000s.
>>
>>376755438
No, it is exactly as bad as people make it out to be. Fuck off.
>>
>>376755438
It's not that F4 doesn't do anything right, it's that it doesn't do anything right enough to warrant playing it over something else.

Fallout New Vegas has top tier writing and roleplaying potential but complete shit tier combat and graphics. Fallout 4 has low tier writing and roleplaying potential and only mid tier combat and graphics. It rips gameplay mechanics from past Bethesda games, Bioware games, and open world survival building games, and it doesn't do any of those mechanics as well as the games that they rip them from.

Fallout 4 isn't shit in every way but it's mediocre in every way.
>>
File: ave True to Sawyer.jpg (313KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ave True to Sawyer.jpg
313KB, 800x600px
>>376755438
the sole reason why the original fallout games still hold up today, and why nearly everyone jerks about New vegas is because of the RPG elements of the game

fallout 4 stripped almost all of the RPG elements out of fallout, and all you are left with is a subpar borderlands game with a sims-lite settlement builder

but to be fair to bethesda, they dont even know what an RPG is if it slapped them on the face, they came close once with morrowind, but have since lost that focus
>>
File: IMG_5613.jpg (87KB, 1023x986px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5613.jpg
87KB, 1023x986px
> TFW When I have more than 300 hours in it but I say I like NV more.
>>
>>376755438
I think the DLC really tainted people's image of the game desu.

I liked it just fine before I realized the 30 shekels I shelled out for the season pass got me dick all.
>>
This is pasta from reddit.
>>
>>376756595
Yea they really shouldn't have dicked with the whole settlement shit
>>
fuck off reddit
>>
I went into Fallout 4 trying to legitimately be optimistic and give it a fair shot.

No, OP. After 100+ hours of playing the game and trying construct a legitimate, reasonable opinion on it backed up by fact, I can tell you with certainty that it is not only the worst Fallout game by a large margin, but it is not even a good game at all.

I was able to squeeze enjoyment out of Fallout 3. I enjoyed it. I won't defend it, it's not an amazing game, but you know what? It's okay. Hell, I actually really love a Tale of Two Wastelands and it's how I prefer to play New Vegas.

But 4 was an abortion. It was a frustrating, poorly designed, badly written abortion.
>>
it IS bad
It's bad RPG (obvious why), it's bad FPS (There is Rising Storm, Squad, Insurgency, Killing floor when you can enjoy gunplay much more), It's bad TPS (warframe, max payne 3 is much better), it's even bad as SETTLEMENT MANAGAMENT SIMULATOR cuz there is rimworld and dwarf fortress 1000 times better, idk why peoples enjoy f4
>>
>>376755438
>It was my understanding that every Fallout game was pretty flawed, but that's what made the series great.
You think that flaws are the reason Fallout games were great? That's retarded.
>>
>>376757103
But what if I want all of this at the same time?
An fps/tps with RPG elements and base management aspects.
>>
>>376755438
wew lad
>>
File: 1464494149778.png (329KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1464494149778.png
329KB, 512x512px
>>376756968
>I spent over 100 hours on it but it's a bad game
>>
>>376757264
wow reddit acts fast to copy us huh
>>
>>376755438

As someone who enjoyed 3 and NV equally, I find 4 to be just incredibly mediocre when compared to them two. 3 was fun as fuck to explore in and NV was actually good for role playing. 4 dumbed down all aspects of NV and created a crappy world to explore.
>>
>>376757360
>posted 16 hours ago
It's some faggot redditor copy/pasting their shit here to bait (you)'s
>>
>>376757234
You won't play all of this gameplay elements at same time anyway, so it still will be better to just turn off one game and start playing other .
>>
File: Man.png (262KB, 304x298px) Image search: [Google]
Man.png
262KB, 304x298px
>>376757281
>Don't spend much time on it
>"But you didn't play it long enough to form an opinion!"
>Spend too much time on it
>"lel if it's so bad why did you keep playing it?"
>>
>>376757549
You know there are a range of times between 2 hours and 100 hours right?
>>
>>376755438
Fallout 4 made searching containers better, so there's that, it did something better than the other games yay Bethesda!
>>
>>376755438
>"fallout 4 is shit omg you even have a backstory it's LITERALLY not an RPG"
>"brb gonna play generic jRPG #345 which is a true RPG even though there are 0 roleplaying options but it's okay when japan does it"
>>
>>376757492
Despite Fallout 4 being trash, this sort of mentality is retarded.
Any number of game and gameplay elements can work together, and I might want to do them all at the same time.

By your logic you should break down all of the games into it's core elements and release them as separate games. Multiple genres mixing and acting as elements in one game can and has worked, and it's not like what Fallout 4 wanted to achieve doesn't make sense.

TPS/FPS being mixed with an RPG is not a new thing, and adding base building to a wasteland is a natural idea that has appeared as mods before.

You are complaining about the wrong things, like lack of clear direction.
>>
>>376757649
the story was miles better than Fallout 3 or the confusing mess that was New Vegas
>>
>>376757281
It was enough to play through most of a lot of the game's content. I wanted to be thorough and fair.

If I didn't spend enough time on it, you'd post the same stupid bullshit saying "Nyur hurr you can't say it's bad if you've barely played it."

I can say with confidence that the game is garbage because I have experienced it.
>>
>>376757549
People force themselves to play games they don't like to justify their purchase.
They're not wrong for doing so, its normal to want to get some hours out of a game even if you think its terrible.
>>
>>376755438
Well it's the best fallout game by far.
4 > 3 > 1 > NV > 2
>>
>>376757668
>Any number of game and gameplay elements can work together, and I might want to do them all at the same time.
They can work, but they not working in f4.
When you BUILD YOUR SETTLEMENT you don't *enjoying* fallout 4 shooting mechanics or roleplaying system you only experiencing SETTLEMENT MANAGEMENT SIMULATOR same with any other element, you can't shoot using third person view and first person view at same time, you have to switch.
>>
>>376757840
>Look mom! I reversed the order to get (you)'s!
>>
>>376757685
Fallout 4 has one of the worst and most forgettable stories of any game I've played.
>>
>>376755438
>every Fallout game was pretty flawed, but that's what made the series great
This can't be for real
>>
>>376757685
*coughs in the distance*
>>
>>376757923
at least it actually makes some sense, no one could understand New Vegas' clusterfuck without consulting wiki and shit
>>
>>376757895
go play your boring desert simulator or memes: the game then.
>>
>>376757992
How does FO4's story make sense? There are way too many nonsensical shit being done by too many people for it to make any sense.
>>
>>376757992
NCR wants Hoover Dam, Legion are dicks and want to take it from them, House wants them both to fuck off. WOW, so complex
3/10 made me reply
>>
>>376757992
"Where is my son" and "Oh look, go here and meet these forgettable people." Great writing.
>>
there's always wasteland 3 to give us hope
>>
>>376758152
none of it is explained when you're playing the game, like who are NCR and Legion? Why am I siding with NCR but am now with Legion? Legion are the bad guys? but wait Benny shoots you and he sides with some robot who isn't legion? but now Benny is with the Legion?
>>
>>376758248
How do you function in day-to-day life?
>>
File: DKyou.webm (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DKyou.webm
359KB, 1280x720px
>>376758248
>>
>>376756405
Cry buzz yourself
>playing the boring Boston simulator
>>
>>376758021
>playing the boring Boston simulator
>>
>>376757685
>confusing mess that was New Vegas
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW NEW VEGAS WAS PERFECT ANY FLAWS IT HAS ARE FALSE OR BETHESDA'S FAULT
>>
>>376755640
>settlement building
That shit shouldn't exist.
>>
>>376758541
>w-why doesn't /v/ like my game
go away todd
>>
It's not that bad, but I wouldn't spend more than $15 on it. never tried the DLC either, so maybe that's decent. Having borrowed it from a friend though I definitely got my time's worth out of it, I didn't fuck around and only did the side quests that actually interested me, and it was enjoyable because of it. I liked the main story too. It was retarded, don't get me wrong, but it was enjoyable.
>>
>>376758541
You seem to be very angry about opinions on the internet.
>>
>try survival mode
>Enemies aren't bullet sponges, they said. It's not "you do half damage, they do 4x damage" they said
>walk out of sanctuary, find two bloatflies
>sneak attack one with the 10mm pistol
>it loses 1/6 of it's health and charges
>enter VATS and dump five more shots into it
>it's still not dead
>die in two hits

>avoid combat until leveling up a few times
>survival mode is easy now
>except you still die instantly the second a molitov cocktail gets within 20 feet

wew
>>
>>376755438
Does anyone who plays it on PC manage to get rid of that godforsaken stutter?

Made the game unplayable for me
>>
>>376758743
Just mod this shit.
>>
>>376756389
Man, the Fallout Wiki is fine as fuck.
The lore was always pretty interesting IMO, so when Fallout 4 turned out to be a massive disappointment for those invested in the universe it got a lot of undeserved hate.

Plenty of deserved hate too, of course.
>>
>>376756673
How do you know this.
>>
>>376758620
>>376758692
OBSIDIAN CAN DO NO WRONG EVER MATT AND TREY ARE CLEARLY BETHESDA SHILLS FOR WORD ASSAULTING OBSIDIAN FOR NOT MEETING THEIR INHUMANE DEADLINES HOW DARE THEY INSULT THE GREAT OBSIDIAN FALLOUT 3 SUCKS MUH 200 YEARS
>>
>>376759061
I googled the op
>>
File: IMG_0518.gif (428KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.gif
428KB, 460x460px
>>376759137
this is just embarrassing todd
>>
Fallout 4 did exactly one thing right, which is the gunplay.
Literally every else is subpar to outright shit.
It's the first Bethesda game that left me so bored I didn't even finish the main questline.
>>
You did buy the New Vegas Collectors Edition, right?
>>
>>376756405
Expect nothing less from a gen Z frogposter.
>>
>>376755438
When Fallout 5 comes out. Then you will see /v/irgins coming out of the wood work claiming that they always like fallout 4 and that it was actually great.

they will do the same with TES6 and Skyrim.
>>
>>376758241
No, not there isn't.
I want to play a good Fallout game because I really enjoy the Fallout world (at least the real one, not that watered-down caricature farce Bethesda been shoving down our throat with FO3 and FO4)
>>
>>376755438
It's a serviceable game. I can pop it in and have fun for a few hours. That said, the general dumbing down of Bethesda games over the years is inexcusable. F4 may be fun for those couple of hours at a time, but the cracks begin to appear when you take a step back and evaluate it as a whole.
>>
>>376756389
>Old computer RPGs were written by people who grew up playing and DMing tabletop RPGs
>New games are written by people who grew up playing video games

Really gets that noggin joggin'
>>
>>376757281
>emil pagliarulo
>writing
now thats a stretch and you know it
>>
>>376759559
I think it's less to do with Fallout 5 coming out as it is to do with the average age of the userbase remaining the same as time marches on.
Take Oblivion, for example. It was endless compared to Skyrim with the latter's release, and mostly to showcase how "bad" Skyrim was, but nobody could explain what actually made it any good. Morrowind was the "true masterpiece" of the franchise. But over the past few years you've been getting these dumb threads where Anonymous claim Oblivion was "comfy" and somehow extraordinary. Those threads reek of nostalgia-induced blindness, which is obviously the result of the majority of posters being around 10-13 (i.e. the most nostalgia-generating age) at the time of its release.
>>
File: it should never existed.jpg (33KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
it should never existed.jpg
33KB, 512x384px
>>376758923
Shitting on the continuity is always inexcusable.
>>
>>376755438
Fallout 4 just isn't a good fallout game because it is a bad roleplaying game which is all fallout is about. Why is that so hard for bethesda-drones to understand? I'm not even saying it's a bad game, it can be rather fun to just shoot and loot and explore and, if you're into minecraft, the settlement builing can be fun too i guess.
>>
>>376760303
>hurr durr it's a bad game but it's actually a good game blibber-blabber
>>
File: stealth archery.png (1MB, 800x3176px) Image search: [Google]
stealth archery.png
1MB, 800x3176px
>>376759389
>Fallout 4 did exactly one thing right, which is the gunplay.

I disagree. The actual mechanics of it are pretty boilerplate stuff, nothing particularly good or bad about it, but the elements that decide how it all plays out are all out of whack.

Weapon balance is, for one, fucked. The way armor and weapons interact affects low damage strikes much more than high damage ones. Automatic weapons come with a severe damage nerf, so that they do only a little more damage than a semi-auto version in a given space of time, but take many more bullets to do it. Against armored enemies, you'll probably lose out on damage per time as well. Shotguns, firing a large number of low damage shots, are completely worthless.

So instead of encouraging a variety of playstyles, the player has a strong gameplay incentive to become a perfectly respectable stealth archer.
>>
>>376756405
>tfw i have 600 hours into NV
>>
File: 1473266173132.png (135KB, 1032x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1473266173132.png
135KB, 1032x1023px
>>376758248
Bait is so bad that it hurts.
>>
>>376760475
That could have been fixed by different ammo types.
>>
>>376755438
>it also did a lot right
It did literally three major things better than New Vegas. Gunplay, power armor and different damage types (which admittedly would have complemented NV's different ammo types nicely)
>>
>>376760429
Learn to read retard. It IS A DECENT game (not a good game i never said that), but a BAD FALLOUT game. Got it now you obvious bethesda drone?
>>
>>376760931
again, nonsense blibber-blabber
>>
>>376760770
Before some retard says it, let me clarify that I meant things other than graphics, animations, facial detail, character customization, etc that come with a better engine. That shit is expected.

Bethesda will never make a great Fallout game when they have retards like Pete Hines that far up in the company. The guy works for a AAA roleplaying game developer and is on record saying he doesnt have the attention span to listen to dialogue, which is basically the blood of a complex RPG. Bethesda doesnt know what the fuck they are doing. They're lost.
>>
I like that the FPS mechanics are much better and it has better level design and verticality, unlike FO3 and NV where combat mostly took place on flat planes.
>>
>>376761259
Peter Hines is a salesman, he doesn't actually have anything to do with the making of the game
>>
>>376761375
He works for Bethesda and they listen to him. He also has said that he was basically responsible for the dialoge being the way it is on Fallout 4. Somebody post the picture.
>>
>>376761259
Yet their games sale spectaculary. He seems like a really good salesman.
>dialogue, which is basically the blood of a complex RPG
Confirmed for shitter, who never played golden age rpgs.
>>
>>376755624
>le food analogy
>>
>>376763160
>eating feces is now a food analogy
4chan, normalising degeneracy since 2003.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.