[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the gameplay reveal next week I wanted to hear /v/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
So with the gameplay reveal next week I wanted to hear /v/'s thoughts.

What would it take for this game to be the game everyone expected the original to be?

What would it take you to invest a full fucking $60 for this game on launch?

What do you actually expect?
>>
>>376754336
i get fucked up with the first one and you need like $100 at least to buy the fucking season pass and dont forget that there is micro/macro-transactions on the way,
cant belive console gamers these days
>>
>>376754336
It could be the same exact game as the original with a fresh coat of paint and I'd still buy it day one. Destiny 1 is the greatest 7/10 video game of all time, nothing else has managed to keep me this engaged in years. I'm scared they might fuck it up though, this "World without Light" nonsense has me worried. What if Activision is forcing them to turn it into a boots on the ground game because of how well BF1 did?
>>
>>376754781
Are they microtransactions like the Eververse store, which means that they dont really have anything to do with the primary game cept cosmetic stuff, or is there a pay to win element?

Cause if the latter, fuck that.

I don't like that I have to pay for a fucking expansion on top of the game price to keep my character, not that it really matters. I did enjoy the fuck out of Destiny around the time of the last dlc release, and have had a lot of fun with it, so I'll probably get it anyway, just pisses me off that something as simple as keeping your old character is another payout for them.
>>
I had a decent amount of fun with the first one. The gunplay was decent for a console shooter and some of the raids were legitimately great and had some really clever puzzle and reflex test elements.

Aside from a PC version, I think all I'd want is more varied story and side mission structure, more raids, more planets, more shit to do. Also for Tex Mechanica to have an entire foundry to themselves.
>>
>>376754336
I kind of want a longjump or walljump to compliment the slides
>>
>>376755043
this time the game will hace micro AND macrotransacción, it was confirmed by Activision himself, so expect guns to be purchasable only with real money
>>
3-4 abilities per class, and by that you don't include melee or grenade knock offs. Every class feels unique, every 2 minutes when you get another super. Other wise they are way too identical.

Strikes need to have 2-3 bosses per, and level design needs to be Destiny 1 raid tier. They are too short, and too fucking boring. Raids are okay as is but the vanilla game and expansions need more than 1 per. VoG was 10/10, but then you had to wait 3 months for CE which was like 5/10 then another 3-4 months for HoW which didn't even have a raid. Then another 3-4 months for TTK which had an 8/10 raid. Then a fucking year for Rise of Iron.
The content flow of Destiny was terrible, took a paid expansion to actually bring the community back since there was nothing to do.

Also fuck engrams. If engrams return the game is dead to me. Fighting a boss, and the loot being a purple blob that has the same except loot as a purple blob off a normal mob in the world is fucking stupid. Strikes need unique loot, which was done in TTK but very few items were unique to the strike bosses.

Basically, more content in vanilla/expansions compared to how it was in Destiny 1. No engrams, unique loot tables for strikes or individual bosses. Better identity between classes outside of supers and armor design.
>>
File: 122769200533.jpg (26KB, 525x300px) Image search: [Google]
122769200533.jpg
26KB, 525x300px
>>376755534
Christ, really? Is there an option to NOT do that and just get them with legendary marks, or something in-game?

Maybe a notice on the players gun when you go to inspect them, saying "I WORKED FOR THIS GUN FUCK YOU ACTIVISION".

I hope there is some serious lashing out from the community over this shit, enough so that Activision pulls their dick out of our wallets. Fucking jews.
>>
>>376754336
>there's already cut content
Yeah, I'm glad A friend is going to be gamesharing and I won't have to spend a dime probably
>>
>>376755685
same exact loot**

Also, exotics should all be tied to questlines or heroic/max light level strike bosses/raid bosses. No waiting for Xur to sell shit, no grinding ages to get a yellow engram which could have a few things in that slot
>>
>>376756216
This.

I know someone will hate me, but I've been farming for and waiting on Zur for a No Land Beyond for fucking ages.
>>
>>376755730
There's nothing confirming what that guy said. All we know is that Eververse will probably be returning.
>>
>>376757593
Source, or sources?

If just eververse, that's okay.

If there are certain good guns and armor I can only buy in Eververse, welp. Maybe not.
>>
>>376755685
Engram blobs are too iconic and integral in the series for them to remove it. They've made merchandise of engrams and no one ever complains about them ingame. Engrams are here to stay.
>>
>>376754336
>implying I need to be persuaded
I loved the first game and will blindly buy this one no questions asked
>>
>>376757824
>no one complains
Its because they are in too deep and won't complain about shit. Especially Redditors. They can keep engrams but not the RNG aspect of them. I shouldn't kill a strike boss and get something that normal mobs also drop. Its fucking stupid. There is no BiS item you had to grind strikes for, you just grinded marks or grinded rep, or grinded because bosses drop engrams which have a billion things in them.

They can keep blues and greens RNG since no one gives a shit about them.
>>
I'm expecting trash, and it'd take a game that's not a shitty boring grindy MMO for me to invest $40 in this game.
I don't buy games on launch in fucking 2017 because I'm not retarded.
>>
I would buy this game if I knew it wasn't gonna be released with the intent to sell $80 of dlc after release until it's a fully realized game

Fuck activision, fuck bungie, Destiny 1 was a fucking garbage mousetrap for retards, and I shamefully fell for the hype and bought the game and season pass simply because it was bungie and the beta was ok. Never again.
>>
>>376755339
>gunplay was decent for a console shooter
>Press for aim assist
embarrassing
>>
>>376759017
It's a console shooter, my man. Not everything's a steak dinner, and sometimes it's okay to eat a cheeseburger.
>>
>>376754336
I've played Desitny on PS4 and bought 1 addon. Shit is just way too repetitive after a while.
I could play wow for days but destiny always bored me out after just a couple of hours. Not sure what they have to do to win people over.
>>
>buy the game on PS4 and (potentially) have Destiny 1 buddies to play with
>buy the game on PC where it looks and controls better, but no one to play with
Which?

Also the PC version better have a chat box and all versions have in-game raid matchmaking. I missed out so fucking much during Destiny 1 because I couldn't be bothered to find a party outside the damn game. Legitimately stupid design decision.
>>
>>376759926
You could probably get a full fireteam easily with /dg/ so do whatever.
>>
>>376759926
I would be eternally happy with the game if it had cross platform support, but at least cross platform between xbox-pc, requiring a controller to play with xbox friends. I'd take the hit to be able to play on my pc.

Maybe just K+M if just with PC people, like separate game/server lists for who you're playing with.
>>
>>376760334
>/dg/
Nah.
>>
>>376760735
It really is about time cross-platform takes off. Shit like
>PC players would always have the advantage
is a weak reason when online games can have their lifespan extended by a fuck-tonne. Just imagine that playerbase and the wonders it would do to matchmaking.
>>
Gonna be a total grindfest yet again. 6/10
>>
>>376761672
Honestly even though Destiny 1 was a grind it was a joy to play thanks to the incredible aesthetic and polish. Spamming strike playlist was oddly comforting too.
>>
>>376762091
>doing random patrol missions for no reason late at night
>some other dude is out there fucking around
>ask if he wants to do some strikes
>end up spending 10 hours doing strikes only stopping to decrypt
Strikes are strangely satisfying to roll through, especially with a buddy
>>
>>376754336
Take the lore, weave it into an actual story, and make it play like Halo: CE (i.e. drop all MMO grindan shit).

There, it's good now.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.