[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oh wow, a Steambox, I can play my massive Steam Library on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: OriginalPng.png (67KB, 504x350px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalPng.png
67KB, 504x350px
>Oh wow, a Steambox, I can play my massive Steam Library on the couch!
>Oh wait, it's 1,050 dollars minimum.
>Oh wait, there are no good Steam games with couch co-op.
>Oh wait, I have a PS4.

Is there any reason to get a Steam box? Really?
>>
enter the gungeon has good couch co-op
>>
No because you can hook up your PC to your living room TV and play from the couch if you wanted. There's nothing extra to even do, you just do it the same way you would a console or this piece of shit.
>>
>>376751852
>steam box
fuck no. Build your own rig if you want a PC. If your standards are being met by the ps4 then stick with that.

PCs can be placed in any room, also a recliner is amazing for PC gaming.
>>
>>376751903
There's also Serious Sam series which is better than anything on PS4.
>>
Steam box is trash. You can easily built a shoe box sized pc if you're into that.
>>
>>376751903
It's on the ps4
>>
File: renegade-styx.jpg (112KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
renegade-styx.jpg
112KB, 953x953px
>>376751852
>not living in a one room apartment with your TV right next to your desktop, so you can game on the couch by simply mounting the HDMI cable to the TV like the filthy eremite you have become
>>
>>376751852

Did Valve really expect people to say the same amount for that little box that they would for a full computer? My lolgaminglaptop was $1200, is more powerful than that box, plus I can do a million different tasks on it other than admire boobs with moon physics in fighting games. Just a stupid idea.
>>
>>376751852
>>Oh wait, it's 1,050 dollars minimum.
the base model is 550
>>
No reason unless you want a tiny PC in your living room. I personally have my gaming PC hooked up to my TV with a 15ft HDMI cable + Wireless 360 Controller and the Controller Companion program on steam. Works damn good.
>>
File: shit.png (129KB, 1104x350px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
129KB, 1104x350px
>1050
>only 450
why do you spread lies?
>>
>>376751852
>I have a PS4.
Also has no couch co-op.
>>
>>376752230

Seeing as I paid $2200 in components for my last SLI desktop rig, I seriously date that box could do the job that was needed of it for $550. Maybe around $1400, I'd believe it could get 1080p 60FPS on a AAA game from the last 3 years. For $550? Enjoy your Angry Birds.
>>
>>376751903
Literally on ps4 and coming to switch/xbone. Why would you pay a lot for a steambox?
>>
>>376752335
Just wait until the retards come up with "muh input lag". I also have a similar setting and it works pretty well.
>>
>>376752510
>I seriously date that box could do the job that was needed of it for $550.
It has an intel i3 and an nvidia 960m inside it which is more than capable for 1080p gaming at 60fps. Sure its not gonna be ultra but what 450 dollar computer can do that?

its actually pretty decent for the price.

Also its only 450 >>376752421
>>
>>376752527
i was just putting a steam game out there with decent couch co op

I will probably rebuy it on switch when it happens though
>>
>>376752638
>Sure its not gonna be ultra

Ultra? It's not even going to be "Low" ... it's going to be hacking-the-games-config-files-to-disable-bloom-and-shadows.
>>
>>376753187
>its not even going to be low
you're fucking retarded, my previous gaming laptop had an 860m in it and it played tons of games on medium-high great.

>hacking the games files to disable bloom and shadows
sounds like an absolutely shitpile of a game if you can't turn off light bloom or turn down shadows.
>>
Aren't Steamboxes just prebuilt "gaming" PCs on the same level as an Alienware?
>>
File: 1491149313122.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1491149313122.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>376753187
But can it run GTA4 on ultra?
>>
>>376753508

They ARE Alienwares, just with a Steam logo stamped on them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.