[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the only true Metroid series is the 2d series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 192x128px
Daily reminder that the only true Metroid series is the 2d series.

Retro studios and the Prime series can kick rocks
>>
What are your thought on Other M?
>>
>>376746923
t. sakamoto
>>
>>376747021
It wasnt as bad as /v/ makes it out to be but it did need improvements badly.
>>
>>376747021
Underrated masterpiece
>>
>>376747021
i hate it and you
>>
Zero was legit the best Metroid game
>>
>>376746923
Agreed
>>
>>376747513
Will they ever release a switch side scdoller version Senpai?
>>
>>376747808
They could be working on a 2.5D Fusion sequel for the Switch/3DS.
>>
File: LeadingFlusteredElver.webm (44KB, 556x274px) Image search: [Google]
LeadingFlusteredElver.webm
44KB, 556x274px
>>376747178
bait
>>
Prime 1 executed the mood and puzzles of the Metroid series in a better manner than any prior entry.

If it could be retooled to have better storytelling and/or better writing, it would be the template for every Metroid entry.
>>
>>376748314
>puzzles
Metroid has never been about this.
>>
>>376746923
See you at E3 faggot when they announce Prime 4.
>>
>>376749072
For upgrades, it does.

Bombing/shooting tiles until you find something is not adequate.
>>
>>376749424
>Prime 4
Not OP but how? Tanabe doesn't have a team, Retro doesn't want to make a Metroid Prime game, NST is stuck on Mario vs DK, and NLG may be in the shitter. After Federation Force, Prime will be on hiatus for a long time.
>>
I prefer 2D titles but I don't even mind Prime, it's still a respectable Metroid game unlike those aberrations like Federation Force or Other Meme
>>
>>376749869
It was still never felt like something out of Zelda.
>>
>>376750058
Granted, that's true, and it could be overused in a sci-fi series.
>>
>>376749936
>he doesn't know about Retro tweeting out pics of Prime rib
>>
>>376750796
Doesn't mean shit, they already confirmed they're working on something else.
>>
>>376749072
People don't actually want Metroid they want Zelda and Prime is first person Zelda.
>>
>>376751646
Then they should move on to another series. I'm glad Prime is on hiatus.
>>
>>376750796
Did you learn nothing from Tropical Freeze?
>>
Daily reminder that the 2d Metroid games, while great, reuse the same planet twice and the plot of Fusion is the same plot as Other M. Only Metroid II and Fusion did things differently.
>>
>>376748314
>retooled for better storytelling and/or better writing
What the hell do you mean by this? Having the story more in-your-face instead of scanning?
>>
>>376752870
Look at the bright side, they can't return to Zebes or SR-388 and after Other M's backlash, I don't see them returning to space stations/ships. They'll probably introduce a new Chozo planet.
>>
>>376753031
Dunno, but the story just kinda fell flat in 2 and 3, from what I can tell. 1 was almost the right balance, but it still felt like it was either too rote or maybe just a bit too much happening at once in its "third act."

I wouldn't know - Metroid is not a series I've spent a lot of time in various threads about. I'm more leaving my experiences and critiques in that statement, but trying to defer to others that enjoy the series more and know way more about it than I do.
>>
>>376753250
Honestly, I'd be fine with that, especially after Zero Mission's ending and these pseudo-alive, teasy bullshit Chozo Statues on every fucking planet with Powerups SPECIFICALLY for Samus.

Let's get some live Chozo.
>>
>>376746923
Finally an OP i can agree with
>>
i'm going to leave this here
>>
>>376747178
>/v/
henlo moviebob
>>
Fuck OUUUT
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.