[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Yoshi's Island. It's my favorite game next to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 2609125-0671411247-yoshi.jpg (370KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
2609125-0671411247-yoshi.jpg
370KB, 1500x900px
I love Yoshi's Island. It's my favorite game next to MGS1.

So why the FUCK has EVERY sequel to this game been so fucking sub-par?

None of them even touch the original, e s p e c i a l l y in the music department.

What the fuck happened?
>>
Arzest
>>
Nostalgia.

I forced myself to play through this game when I was younger. Attempted to play it as time went on, and all the collecting and the pace is just complete garbage compared to a good SMB3 or SMW run.

Now, that is not excusing the modern attempts at YI. They very clearly lack in the aesthetics department, or have much of any novelty, nor do they have any intriguing point to play the game since the very first one already thoroughly and satisfyingly covered the only plot point to have.

But don't kid yourself into thinking YI is some perfect game - it is not.
>>
>>376734418
For some reason, though the original YI was an inventive precision platformer, they relegated all Yoshi material to being baby shit starting with Story. It's a sad fall from grace.
>>
File: Artoon_Logo.png (69KB, 2048x398px) Image search: [Google]
Artoon_Logo.png
69KB, 2048x398px
>>
>>376734418
yoshis wooly world was pretty great.
the 3ds port too. but i agree the games inbetween have been lackluster.
>>
Shigeru Miyamoto was the producer of the original game and Koji Kondo was the composer. For its sequels, they handed it out to other, less important staff. Also Artoon/Artzest made the DS and 3DS games.
>>
>>376734418
The sequel itself is shit
>>
>ignoring Woolly World
>>
Nintendo doesn't have to try anymore. They know you faggots will eat their shit up
>>
>>376734906
Yoshi's Island is a good game. The sequels are worse.

Woolly World is a worthy sequel.
>>
>>376735181
I will admit that the final level was clever, but that's the only level worth playing.

Everything else is just bleh. Cloud world was okay, but can't outweigh the rest of the game being YI again.
>>
Woolly world is damn close.

Story is not that bad. It's close in spirit, at least.

The rest is all Artoin's fault.
>>
>>376735369
woolly world's music is still shit relative to YI
>>
File: 1412867677590.gif (64KB, 209x276px) Image search: [Google]
1412867677590.gif
64KB, 209x276px
>>376734418
Yoshi's Wooly World was pretty great desu
>>
>>376734934
This. YI wasnt a very hard game but it wasnt particularly easy either.

The DS game was at least difficult, but you could only run with baby Mario which meant you could run like a fifth of the time and had to walk the rest. It made the game so fucking slow, what asshole thought controlling your character's speed and momentum in a platformer is something you should only have a fifth of the time? Plus the music sucked.
>>
>>376735423
Blame Yoshi's Story for that.
>>
haha
>>
>>376734418
Yoshi's Story is great, DS has moments of greatness and is never really bad except for that weird kangaroo motherfucker, and Wooly World is alright.

Yoshi's New Island's first mistake was being in 3D, and its second mistake was hiring a literal retard to compose the soundtrack. And it was shit to boot.

The rest is Artoon garbage.
>>
>>376734759
These. The first game in the franchise not made by these shitheads was outstanding. I have no idea why Nintendo keeps giving them work over and over again. I'm sure there are plenty of other small devs in Japan that would love to work with Nintendo.
>>
>>376734906
Nope. I played through the original just after beating the 3DS one (kazoo, not wool) and it's still vastly superior
>attention to detail
>great soundtrack
>timeless art design
>good level design (other things listed make up for this sometimes being meh)
>overall fantastic atmosphere, played wella t the right times (ie final boss, actual tension unlike the newer games)
>>
>>376734418
Wooly World is great though
>>
>>376735441
This, wooly world was fantastic, i 100% the game with my wife in co-op she normally doesn't play games but really liked it.
>>
>why the FUCK has EVERY sequel to this game been so fucking sub-par?
Because the original Yoshi's Island was always garbage and you're letting your childhood nostalgia blind you.

I remember when Yoshi's Island came out in 1995 and I thought it was fucking garbage even back then. The sequels aren't subpar in comparison, they're actually matching the shittiness of the original.
>>
>>376735907
This single post says a lot about the state of Yoshi games now,.
>>
>>376734418
>So why the FUCK has EVERY sequel to this game been so fucking sub-par?

Are you talking about Yoshi or MGS? I got confused since it applies to both.
>>
>>376736087
>complaining about difficulty in a children's video game

>>376736058

You both need to go outside and get some air and exercise.
>>
>>376736596
No one said anything about difficulty, stupid. Try paying attention and not pulling defensive comments out of your ass.

Protip: YI1 is not a particularly difficult game and it's easily top ten games of all time material.
>>
>>376734906
Youre right. It has flaws.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RttuiU6zj2k
>>
Only got about 2/3rds of the way through YI before getting bored with it. Might finish it someday but it's definitely no favorite of mine.
>>
>>376736087
If you're implying that the original was hard in any way then there might be something wrong with you
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.