[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blizzard has enough money to make a decent game >But the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 22

File: 1487363360437.jpg (25KB, 305x266px) Image search: [Google]
1487363360437.jpg
25KB, 305x266px
>Blizzard has enough money to make a decent game
>But the writing of the story/characters are boring or just shit

why tho
>>
>>376725939
>decent game
picture no related I guess

LOL
>>
>>376725939
The gameplay is absolute dogshit, though
>>
>>376726375
why?
>>
you can do this with counter strike / tf2 / gunz / any online shooting game that has ever fucking existed as well

fuck off

it's a multiplayer fps, nobody cares
>>
I'm not even going to talk about Overwatch because far too many people just outright hate this game as though it raped them and their dog.

Evolve had awesome lore, a cool setting, interesting characters that had pretty cool or just funny dialogue and banter.

Was also fun to play if you weren't
a shitter at games, but everyone was so they just dropped it because they were sick of running around in circles chasing phantoms.
>>
>>376726506
Because its a popular video game.
>>
>Decent game
>Overwatch pic

k
>>
>Be Blizzard
>Make an RTS
>Genre boom, countless RTS clones are made
>DOTA pops up in your mod community
>Genre boom, mobas as you know them now exist because of your game
>Release WoW
>Genre boom, every MMO on the market save for a few hold outs copy your model.
>Release Overwatch
>Genre boom, already 5 Overwatch clones and counting

How does Blizzard just keep winning?
>>
They had Chris Metzen on the team and still managed to make bank, even though just about every other WoW expansion and the entirety or SC2 was a literary catastrophe. It's understandable that their interpretation of story quality would be extremely skewed.
>>
>>376726797
tf2 story is fine tho? and the characters are funny and so, I don't see the problem with that game there

And yeah you can play the game without giving a shit about the lore it just that I'm suprised that Blizzard has the money to make a good game but not for hiring good writers
>>
>>376727141
>said back in 2012 that they'd crowbar Feix back to life
>check back a few days ago, only played WoL
>some overdesigned pacific rim bullshit named "fenix" on the front page on the game's login screen
Called it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK9ya1vZZcU
>>
>>376726506
It has the depth of a puddle and is designed in such a way to make it feel like it's never your fault. Rather than depending on mechanical skill, lesser skilled players can still compete at higher levels due to the game's design.
Heroes are simplistic at best - their abilities tend to step on each other's toes, as no hero does something truly unique compared to others. This leads to a great upset in balance where some heroes absolutely dominate the scene and others are rarely if ever picked.

The moment they introduced ranked was the moment this game died for three different friend circles for me. I went from seeing 30 people on my btag list at launch playing it, nowadays I'm amazed if I see even one.
>>
File: smug.jpg (20KB, 379x364px)
smug.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>>376725939
>/v/ defends tf2 and shits on overwatch
>tf2 actually has shittier writing of the story/characters than overwatch
>>
>>376725939
What I don't understand is the price, this shit costs 60 eurobucks
>>
The people who constantly hate on this game are the gold/plat shitters.

The game is a actually a tonne of fun once you work out how each character counters each-other and how you can decimate the competition.
>>
>>376725939

I would go a different way with it.

>blizzard has enough money to make a decent game
>spends that money on marketing, shilling and writing a cast that is meant to appeal to minorities and LGBT people.
>plugs said character roster in a half finished moba/shooter with nothing in terms of a single player campaign.

It's not that game is completely bogged down with SJW bullshit, but they literally put "diversity" before delivering a completed product.
>>
>>376726506
There's no risk
>>
>>376727740
yeah, tf2 humors is reddit-tier to be honest. It's wayyy too random lol XD wacky humors and every comics they add a new random wacky shit that completely fuck up the game's map backstory in general.
>>
>>376727632
>The moment they introduced ranked was the moment this game died for three different friend circles for me
Because this game that was apparently so easy a baby could win, but you and your friends couldn't coordinate a proper attack and thus just got wrecked when you played ranked?
>>
>>376727030

I think Valve and the league of legends people have probably made as much if not more money than blizzard on the moba front. Also, overwatch is really just part of a sort of delayed genre boom that tf2 started. I also don't see "hero shooters" being quite as big a genre as mobas. I think at some point the people that came for the gunplay will go back to arena shooters and the people that came for the wombo combos will go back to mobas.
>>
>>376726814
Evolve was a fucking god-send to lore fags.
and yeah most people who played it were super fucking stupid and didn't understand the basics of positioning and chasing
>>
>>376725939
Because writing in videogames is fucking pointless?
Even more in multiplayer ones?
>>
>>376727030
Because they have a huge player base that will buy anything with the blizzard name on it regardless of the product's actual quality.
Overwatch is a good example because it has blizzard's polish which will appeal to non-blizzard fans as well but the fundamental gameplay is a worse version of TF2.
>>
>>376728176
> A game about a team of super soldiers from around the world is diverse
It's because of people like you that Hilary won
>>
>>376725939
>But the writing of the story/characters are boring or just shit
So what?
It's a videogame.
>>
>>376728176
Considering it worked, don't see why would they change.
>>
>>376727030
because while they make casual. mediocre at best games they have
>fantastic art design
>10/10 music
>brand recognition
they create the building blocks of a good formula and end up making meme games, other people pick up and make better games, hence the genre boom. It's a symbiotic ecosystem
>>
>any game where shameless cheaters can just pick an advantage over other players without having to install hacks
>decent
>not garbage
>>
>>376729796

I'm not saying the cast being diverse is a bad thing. In fact, I would love to see them interact in a 4 or 5 hour long single player / co-op campaign - a feature that would have made the title feel more complete.
>>
>>376729960

Sure, it worked. It feels like a cop out to me though. The game lacks content.
>>
Writing for the setting and characters are fine though.
>>
File: 1493725175365.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1493725175365.gif
960KB, 284x223px
>>376727740
>oppa dva style!
>>
Overwatch is like TF2 except good,what's the surprise?
>>
>>376725939
It's like they set it up well but didn't give a shit half way through
>setting is incredibly boring and uninspired
>gameplay is atrocious, jumping up and down while shooting and firing completely absurd abilities is a legitimate strategy
>forced 50%
>unique characters are pathetic and always will be
>standard blizzard balancing STILL shits on everything
Reinhardt is the only good thing to come out of this game, he might as well be the only character
>>
File: TypicialHunterPropaganda.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
TypicialHunterPropaganda.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>376729364
The last few updates and the finally f2p just ruined the game's balance by catering to hunters. Hunters win over 70% of the time as opposed to the 50/50 split it was at launch.

I miss my favorite game.
>>
File: 1426822469975.jpg (40KB, 350x347px)
1426822469975.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>376725939
>Blizzard made $565 billion in 2016 on Overwatch alone

>All they do is pump out more skins, some of which are basically pay-only, and a couple characters that were already in development

How much more proof do you need that OW is just a fucking mobile game on consoles? It exists to sell lootboxes and make money for Blizzard, that's it.

Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, anyone else seeing a pattern of F2P, online-only games riddled with micro-purchases coming out of Blizzard? Is no one else seeing the writing on the wall yet?
>>
File: Saiyanfu.jpg (551KB, 1080x920px) Image search: [Google]
Saiyanfu.jpg
551KB, 1080x920px
>Play video game
>Get mad because of the STORY
>In a game with no story.
>>
>took tf2 years to get comp matchmaking
>overwatch did it in a couple months
>>
>>376726506
Because /v/ is contrarian. The only reason battleborn wasn't called the better game by the hipsters here was because seeing it fail was too funny.
>>
>>376732458
Hah, if you're buying lootboxes then you are the reason the game made so much money. I have all the skins, victory poses, highlight intros and whatever else and I paid $40 to buy the game and never bought a loot box. They literally hand you loot boxes for playing three games. Stop complaining about a problem you are making.
>>
>>376732458
>optional cosmetic items
>required in any sense whatsoever
>boxes are easily obtainable through gameplay

?????
>>
>>376732783
>>376732785
>Missing the point

You can ignore the micropurchases in Clash of Clans, too, that doesn't mean the game still isn't designed around incentivizing them and that it doesn't exist first and foremost for that purpose. OW isn't designed first and foremost to offer a balanced, fulfilling experience for non-buyers of microtransactions, its designed to hook that small percentage of players who will waste money on boxes to get those pretty skins, it's designed to simply be a steady stream of revenue. Again, look at what Blizzard has been doing with the half a billion they made on the game: Fuck-all. It's still unbalanced, it's still bare-bones.

You can stick your heads in the sand, that's fine, but this is where games are headed. Service-models and micro-purchases, just like mobile games, because that's where the money is. People said the same shit when horse armor was the new controversial topic but everyone just said what you're saying, you can ignore it, so it's fine. But they're not going away and they're not going to get any better.
>>
>>376725939
>if you pour enough dosh into market research you'll get a game that appeals to many people
no shit sherlock?

the gameplay sucks major ass
>>
File: 1493673866029.png (129KB, 800x1000px)
1493673866029.png
129KB, 800x1000px
>>376732139
>forced 50%
It's 2017 and shitters still parrot this ASSFAGGOTS meme.
>>
>>376733291
Wow Mj. Autismo on the loose

I stopped reading when you mentioned clash of clans because the microtransactions in those types of game enable you to play to further your in game progress. With Overwatch it's is ONLY optional cosmetics with ZERO bearing on gameplay, that you can earn through gameplay very easily regardless. The comparison is retarded and doesn't work.
>>
>>376733728
enable you to pay *
>>
File: 34.png (12KB, 300x100px)
34.png
12KB, 300x100px
ITT Grandpas and hipsters have more in common than they thought.
>>
>>376733291
I don't know what the fuck Clash of Clans is, but if you're paying for "pretty skins" for a game that gives you them for free (even going so far as to give you a currency that can't be bought to purchase whichever skins you want) but think the game is unbalanced and unfair then don't play the game and don't buy loot boxes because if you need to buy loot boxes then you're clearly not the person who actually plays the game on a regular basis and thus shouldn't be buying content for it.
>>
>>376729372

Its sad that no one /thread this yet. I guess kids these days are little faggots that need stories and can't just enjoy gameplay.
>>
>>376734248
>I don't know what the fuck Clash of Clans is
Yeah, sure you don't.

Point being it doesn't matter if you buy them or not, the game is designed to peddle them, not to cater to you, someone who actually likes and cares about video games, which is the problem. Its not a game that is trying to be a complete, balanced experience, it just exists to milk the people who will pay for those skins. Again, they made $565 BILLION on it last year, so don't try to tell me they NEED micro-purchases to keep the game running. They could remove them all and keep the game running for decades with the money they already made.

Why do they even cost money at all if you can get therm through gameplay? Because that's why the game exists, to make money on them. Instead of games making money by being complete, well-made games or by being cheap licensed crap you could tell was cheap licensed crap from a mile away like they used to, they make money through aggressive marketing and clever-but-subtle micro-purchases now.

The industry has shifted. I think you can take one look at Blizzard's recent games, and indeed lots of recent and upcoming games, and see this is a growing trend. Even Halo and CoD have lootboxes now. I genuinely think a mobile-like micro-purchase model is where publishers would like to end up, next to no cost for them and it makes money hand over fist, many times as much as they'd make selling, say, an offline, single-player game with moderate to high production values.
>>
>>376733728
That's the next step though, that's part of the point. This isn't something that's going to happen overnight or with the flip of a switch, it's happening slowly so as not to alarm many people or create that stark contrast between what we had and what they're selling now. The Xbone reveal is an example of how not to spring this stuff on your customers, they went too far too quickly.

Again, look at where we've come with console DLC in the last 10 years. Many people held the same attitude that you did, dissenters are just blowing it out of proportion, it's optional and won't affect anything important, etc.

But now we have $50 season passes and content getting cut to sell as DLC in just about every game, we have early-access games developing paid DLC before taking games out of early access. Publishers figured out they could keep pushing it more and more and people accepted it because it was done slowly over time. The same thing will happen with micro-purchases, it's already happening. You WILL see gameplay affected in the future.
>>
>>376735467
For this title, that the thread is about, none of that applies. So fuck off and take your medication.
>>
>>376735612
But it does have to do with the thread topic.

Instead of doing that, having a story-mode and fleshing out their world and characters, or maybe adding game modes that aren't the couple they already have, they're doing next to nothing. Because the game was never meant to be anything but a vehicle for micro-purchases. They made $565 billion on it last year, why not pour some of that back into the game and add more content instead of more skins and a couple characters? They're almost on-par with Valve at this point, sitting on mountains of cash and doing nothing with it, least of all anything that might benefit the game in a significant way.
>>
>>376733843
ITT children are once again confirming that they have absolutely shit-tier taste and gobble every shit up as long as its sprinkled with shiny stuff

you'll get out of puberty eventually
>>
>>376733291

What is the "incentive" for buying loot boxes? You get ZERO in-game advantages, it's all just cosmetic bullshit, and you can unlock all of it by just playing the game.

There are things you can criticize about the loot system, like being able to get duplicates (THEE most cancerous aspect of any loot system ever), but the sheer existence of unlockable cosmetics that can also be bought is not inherently a bad thing, you contrarian fuck.
>>
>>376736321
literal heroin
>>
>>376725939
They still profit on this shit game, so I guess they win anyway.
>but they could make a better game
They care about profit.
>>
>>376735945
new characters, maps, and game modes aren't new content? You get more retarded by the post. A multiplayer game doesn't need a story mode, just like TF2 doest have a story mode.
>>
>>376737162
and while not having a story mode it(TF2) has better story than OW and Stillborn
>>
>>376736321
The incentive is to collect those shiny skins, the instant gratification. The game is structured in a way that, for the people who DO get hooked, incentivizes them to buy instead of just playing. The amount you have to play to earn a box is carefully calculated the random drops are calculated, people who have a legitimate problem and are prone to impulse-buying things like this will be more motivated to just pay, that is who they designed the game to, even on a subconscious level, appeal to.

It's not about hooking you, an actual, avid player of games, it's about hooking that one out of one hundred people that have a problem and will spend money instead of just playing. Again, this is how mobile games are structured, with the intent to sell to that "whale" customer base. It doesn't affect gameplay now, but again that's part of the point, I think it will in the near future. We're already seeing publishers test the waterswith micro-paying in single-player games.

It's a slippery slope, yes, I'm not denying that, but what we've seen happen with console DLC over the last 10-12 years I think supports this. Publishers will go where the money is and design their games accordingly, and right now its in micro-purchases, the "traditional" retail model is slowly phasing out while games that focus on online-only play and micro-purchases are, by far, the industry leaders in terms of revenue.

>you contrarian fuck.
How am I being contrarian? Because I disagree with you? I'm explaining my points very clearly and I'm not calling you any names, fag.
>>
>>376736321
I wanna play dress-up with my dolls.
>>
>>376737162
Balance is still fucked, the new heroes are garbage. They're doing next to nothing with the literal hundreds of million of dollars made exclusively by this game aside from stuff it in their pockets.
>>
>>376737541
>moving the goalposts
c'mon man, don't do that
>>
>>376737541
balance is fine, they are constantly releasing new content, and who the fuck cares if a company makes profit off they're product you needy entitled shit stain
>>
>>376737309
To add, they also do limited-time events with "exclusive skins" with horrible drop rates to further incentivize people with that impulse-buying problem. Yes, you can play and not pay, I understand this, but you are not who the game is trying to make money off of.

Again, why even charge real money at all for the skins?
>>
>>376737735
I already acknowledged that they added new skins and a couple characters though. I said they're doing next to nothing, not nothing entirelty.
>>
>>376737764
>entitled
Hello, Mr. Game Journalist.
>>
>>376735945
>skins and a couple characters
In the time since release they've
>released multiple balance patches some good, some bad
>3 new characters to play as
>4 different iterations of a competitive mode
>a custom game browser
>2 new gamemodes, CTF and Arena
>a bunch of free skins that you can pay for if you're a retard
If you're going to point the finger at Jewish boxes anyways, then you should be pointing it at Valve, who has a far worse system and were the ones that started it in the first place.
>>
>>376738014
I did, and acknowledged that they're worse.
>They're almost on-par with Valve at this point
>>
>>376725939
why would they make a decent game, when to get rich all they need to do is make overwatch?
the problem isn't blizzard.
>>
>>376727141
>literary catastrophe

seek mental help
>>
>>376738081
>almost on par
Not even close. It would take years of grinding to get even close to getting one of the slightly less rare cosmetics and once you get to that point, it might not even be the one you wanted, or it might be barely recognizable because it's battle scarred or whatever.
Compared to Overwatch, which guarantees a legendary every 15 free boxes, which you can earn in maybe two sessions of play, as well as getting currency from duplicate items to spend on whatever you want.
>>
>>376725939
all retro games should be free on abandonware, so why does blizzard still ask money for world of warcraft?
>>
>>376738783
But my point goes beyond that. I acknowledge that you can earn those rewards without paying, that's not what I'm arguing.

The problem is not that there isn't some way to circumvent them or that you HAVE to pay, the problem is that the game is designed at a fundamental and core level to hook that "whale" demographic that WILL spend money for those skins. Why do they offer the ability to pay in the first place? Because that's why the game exists in the first place, to make money through micro-purchases. I'm not saying that you can't work within the system, I'm saying the system itself is bad and that working within it and around the micro-payments doesn't change that.
>>
Gameplay is good, more casual compared to games like TF2, but that doesn't make it bad in any way,
Story in a game? And a multiplayer game? Doesn't matter senpai.
My real complain is the fact that this game suffers from the magical Blizzard balancing method, so half of the cast is useless
>>
>>376739241
Explain what you mean by "the game is designed to hook them" because as far as I can tell it incentivizes you not to pay with how quickly they throw free shit at you. I have pretty much every cosmetic in the game and I haven't dropped a cent on the boxes.
>>
>>376739892
he hasn't played it
>>
>>376727264
His lore is actually pretty cool
>>
>Blizzard has enough money to make a decent game
>but they don't
>>
>>376731704
That line isn't even accessible in normal gameplay, it's just in the files.

Which is a shame because D.Va is great because she's so fucking obnoxious and it fits her amazingly.
>>
>>376739892
Again, YOU personally are not who the game is trying to milk. You aren't a retard. The "whales" are their target audience, they DO pay despite the ability to earn through gameplay, that's who Blizzard designed the game for.
>>
>>376740308
That's not an explanation retard. Simply implementing a pay option does not mean the game is designed around it.
>>
>>376740535
>Simply implementing a pay option does not mean the game is designed around it.
No, but I think Overwatch is given recent industry-wide trends and Blizzard's own behavior and choices in what to prioritize.

I didn't say this is 100% objective fact, am I? No, I said this is my opinion and I came to this conclusion through a series of observations, I even acknowledge it's a "slippery slope."

We were in a similar place with console DLC 10-12 years ago, I see a lot of parallels and correlations, especially in the behavior of the publishers implementing them. They go where the money is, and right now that's in micro-purchases. Again, this is the same basic model a lot of mobile games use. Hook lots and lots of people with a simple, colorful game that costs little to make and maintain and milk the small percentage of players who have a problem and will make microtransactions.

Casinos do this to an extent too, cast a wide net and grab the small percentage of people that have a legitimate problem and will spend ridiculous amounts of money to chase that feeling of gratification. I also don't think it's some huge, evil conspiracy or anything, games are still just products and a publisher is still a business. That's all Blizzard wants to do, make as much money while spending a s little as possible, I just think they, and of course plenty of other publishers, like Valve, are doing it in a way that is ultimately harmful to both players and the industry as a whole.
>>
>>376735016
>being this upset over a videogame catering to casuals
The game is well balanced and is more or less a complete game right out of the box. Sure, there's no reason to have the lootboxes be paid for, but could you blame the creators for doing their best to make more money? The game would still be popular and people would still be playing it, but now their making money off the people who make smurf accounts, buying a hundred lootboxes every event so that they don't have to play the game during the event in order to get the skins that they'll never use because they don't play the game.

Business is business and the game is no less good than it would be without buyable lootboxes. They don't even care that people like you won't buy the game because they've already made enough money to live comfortably and continue pushing out more and more content because the devs, directors, model artists, voice actors, writers, level designers, and testers all have a roof over their heads and food on their tables. Despite so many people who seemingly hate this game they are still

>You WILL see gameplay affected in the future
Yeah, but since I was playing TF2 long before and after it had died I don't doubt that I'd still be playing Overwatch with my 78 heroes and twenty different maps all made by a company that can continue existing because by that time they'll have so much money that they can keep the game up indefinitely. Just quit your bitching and go back to playing Call of Duty or Halo which have made you buy the same game eight different times not including the DLC maps you need to play with half the fanbase. I'll stick to my game that has an insignificant cash grab that will not affect the game or separate its players.
>>
>>376741519
>>being this upset over a videogame catering to casuals
No going to other reading your response or replying beyond this explanation if you're just going to generalize and dismiss like that.

Have a nice day.
>>
Only reason this game gets hate is because it's casual and tf2 fags think this game killed their game when tf2 dug it's own grave
>>
File: 7-4.jpg (99KB, 623x898px)
7-4.jpg
99KB, 623x898px
>"""lore""" in a multiplayer-only shooter

Only people that give a shit about it are shippers on tumblr. Not to mention the art for the comics is generally shit and the writing is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.
>>
>>376741771
Hear, I'll give you the tl;dr

Go back to buying CoD and its season pass every year.
>>
>>376741384
>I think Overwatch is designed around lootboxes because of all these things that have nothing to do with the actual, in-game design choices that Overwatch has
Nice. Not even going to bother reading the rest of your wall about DLC or whatever because it's fucking irrelevant to what I asked.
>>
Blizzard's best writers are too busy writing lines for when you click on someone repeatedly in HotS
>>
File: 1426880801762[1].jpg (181KB, 1037x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1426880801762[1].jpg
181KB, 1037x1003px
>>376725939
Western writing has gone to shit.
>>
File: ImDying.jpg (414KB, 574x4881px)
ImDying.jpg
414KB, 574x4881px
>>376742671
>literally
It's okay, I don't need my sides anyway.
>>
File: eth-large_002.png (1018KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
eth-large_002.png
1018KB, 1024x768px
Even ET's worse map is less of a chokepoint clusterfuck than any of the OW maps. Blizzard is stuck on this idea of hyper competitive 6v6, but they can't even fucking make a single decent goddamn fucking map.
Holy shit just give the game to the community so they can make their own shit and bump the game up to 10v10
>>
>>376743059

>None were good enough for her, so I held them in contempt and hated them. They in turn hated and feared me.

>But we were pleasant to each other. Always pleasant. It was a game of sorts. He would invite me to sit, and I would buy him a drink. The three of us would talk, and his eyes would slowly grow dark as he watched her smile toward me. His mouth would narrow as he listened to the laughter that leapt from her as I joked, spun stories, sang. . . .

>They would always react the same way, trying to prove ownership of her in small ways. Holding her hand, a kiss, a too-casual touch along her shoulder.

>They clung to her with desperate determination. Some of them merely resented my presence, saw me as a rival. But others had a frightened knowledge buried deep behind their eyes from the beginning. They knew she was leaving, and they didn't know why. So they clutched at her like shipwrecked sailors, clinging to the rocks despite the fact that they are being battered to death against them. I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.
So they hated me, and it shone in their eyes when Denna wasn't looking. I would offer to buy another round of drinks, but he would insist, and I would graciously accept, and thank him, and smile.

>I have known her longer, my smile said. True, you have been inside the circle of her arms, tasted her mouth, felt the warmth of her, and that is something I have never had. But there is a part of her that is only for me. You cannot touch it, no matter how hard you might try. And after she has left you I will still be here, making her laugh. My light shining in her. I will still be here long after she has forgotten your name.
>>
>>376743412
I loved ET
>>
>>376743412
Chokepoints are frankly irrelevant in this game unless you're playing quickplay or you're gold tier shitter. It's so easy to just run through them it's not even funny.
>>
>>376743769
>or you're gold tier shitter

Using Q to push chokepoints is a meta all the way to the international top pro scene.
>>
>check thread
>its filled with edgy contrarian shitposting
>move on

Why does it have to be overwatch? Why of all games did THIS have to be the one /v/ pretends to hate? It's a fun game.
>>
>>376732713
Hi Randy!
>>
>>376740307
Ironic shitty characters are still shitty characters
>>
File: Cooking with Hanzo and McCree.webm (974KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cooking with Hanzo and McCree.webm
974KB, 1280x720px
Blizzard just doesn't have what it takes to write, or even design, likable characters. They should have taken notes from Valve.
>>
>>376744283
Shitty? It depends on personal preferences. In my opinion other kind of characters are shitty. Unbelievable, I know, other people may like different things and there is no right or wrong way of enjoying things
>>
>>376737309
The whales deserve to get fucked over by their stupidity.
>>
>>376744493
What? You mean that we don't all hate the same thing? That's impossible. Don't worry, /v/ will back me up. I know that Overwatch is a shitty game because... Uh, let me think... It's got colors...?

Hey, /v/ why do we hate Overwatch?
>>
>>376744090
No, using the giant mobility, damage mitigation, and healing abilities to push chokes is meta. Standing at chokes and spraying through them like retards is a waste of time and doesn't accomplish anything.
>up to the international pro scene
Pros regularly forgo chokepoints in favor of high ground precisely because of how easy it is to break chokes.
>>
>>376727740
>Keep calm and Tracer on
>David Hasselhoff XD
>everything D.va
>discount "Le trap" Joker
>Peanut Butter XD

The writing in OW is horrible and the banter is limp wristed as fuck.
>>
>>376726814
go back to /co/ you slut
>>
>>376746924
/co/ is not even my main board or one I check on weekly even. But holy crap a show just using the models and assets of Evolve with the voice actors, animators, and writers would be the shit. What else are they going to do with their dead game?
>>
>>376745913
https://youtu.be/mI3i7ZxJfZw
>>
>>376728263
Jesus Christ listen to yourself
>>
>>376727865
Unlike the bast majority of games out there, those are the only 60 bucks you will ever pay since all DLC is free and all the locked items can be obtained by playing the game.
>>
File: 1430864222667.png (10KB, 408x286px)
1430864222667.png
10KB, 408x286px
>>376725939
>game focuses on story in detriment of gameplay
>gets called a movie game and compared with Uncharted, TLoU and its like

>game focuses on gameplay and has the story done by some nameless dudes headed by a fanfiction writer that works for free
>waaaah the writing is shit
>>
The gameplay is horrible, they ruined everything

>removed genji's ledge jump
>removed jump reset on wallrun because players can't aim
>further buff Lucio making him a mandatory choice every game
>Bastion no longer criticals on headshot and they made it so he sustains heal even though he's being damaged
>pharah's rockets don't knock people around anymore but they do more splash damage ???
>junkrat's mouse1 no longer damages him

Why are they removing skill from the game?

Without all that stuff mentioned, the matchmaking is hot garbage, I get placed Diamond every time and I'm not that good at the game, I keep getting queued with Master players who also happen to be shit. Did everyone and their mom get carried to Master? Is it even worth climbing to?
>>
>>376747586
>tank meta
Over and done with. Everyone complained about this and it is no longer the case, and it wasn't the case before tank meta either.
>>
>>376748152
>placement matches: 3/10

Is the comp still Bastion with two shields in front of him and Ana shooting him non-stop?

I cannot go back to that cancer.
>>
>>376727740
>tf2 actually has shittier writing of the story/characters than overwatch

Out of all of the things to compare ow and tf2, you choose the one thing where tf2 unequivocally wins out on.
>>
>>376748325
Yes it's still that bad.

Almost half of the heroes are viable while the other ones are left in the dust, those being the non-hitscan heroes

Pretty much every hitscan hero is meta, so expect to see a lot of soldiers, mccrees, tracers, etc.
>>
>>376747506
They quite literally can't do nothing because they don't own the IP anymore. 2K does. And they don't want to do fuckall with it whatsoever

But one can imagine, I suppouse. I would love ANYTHING Evolve related written by the same guy, even if it were a little short story about Hyde taking a shit

I was the one who first posted Evolve in that one thread my man
>>
>>376747586
>cherrypicking a tank meta match between two shitty NA teams
lol
>>
>>376748261
>>376748932

https://youtu.be/6slKS7tq5ZE
>>
>>376742074
>>"""lore""" in a multiplayer-only shooter
>What is Evolve

Say what you want about that game but the lore is better-on par than pretty much anything released in recent years, with maybe a few exceptions
>>
>>376749004
>very first thing that happens is a flanking soldier76
>followed by a teamfight over that maps high ground
>ults already built up, zero dicking around at chokepoints building ult whatsoever
What are you trying to prove here?
>>
>>376749610
>control
>everyone starts the same
>still end up clusterfucking at the top with 3 tanks
>2 minutes in and they end up pushing towards spawn with a chokepoint after they secure
>>
>>376750060
>high ground is now a chokepoint despite it being directly adjacent to the point and being accessible through multiple areas
>rushing past a chokepoint to get a kill on someone out of position and away from their team and then retreating is the same thing as sitting on opposite sides spamming through it to build ult charge so they can push
>>
File: 1490313643689.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490313643689.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>yfw playing Overwatch while reading another thread where /v/ throws a temper tantrum because a game is popular
>>
File: 1493673226780.jpg (98KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493673226780.jpg
98KB, 1200x1200px
I wish Blizzard knew how to balance
>>
>>376727030
>>Genre boom, already 5 Overwatch clones and counting
5? I can only think of battleborn and paladins, but they both were announced/released same time as/before overwatch.
>>
>>376751197
>tfw you read the entire thread while walking from the spawn at the start of the match

Wow fucking kino
>>
>>376731374
TF2 never had a singeplayer mode you fucking mong
>>
>>376746914
>guys, what if we take a generic sergeant and make that a character?
>oh, let's add a generic French assassin to!
>what about the generic new yorker?
>Don't forget the generic Russian guy who likes guns!

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are bad things. The reason why people like Overwatch and tf2 characters is BECAUSE they're generic.

Take a look at paladins, they try to make their characters more "unique" and edgy and it suffers as a result.
>>
File: pTRU1-16548595dt.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-16548595dt.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>376726506
It's the most constrictive competitive game that I know of. It's literally just "point and click on the guys heads good" because every other area of competence has been thoroughly washed out by blizzard. Compared to what you have to learn and remember in other competitive games to be sufficient, this one is pic related.
>>
>>376753285
>It's literally just "point and click on the guys heads good"

This hits the nail on the head. The worst possible choice you can make in a character shooter is make everyone capable of headshots, because that gives characters that are not supposed to be offense oriented too much power against classes that should be their anathema. And it promotes frustrating clutch moments where panicked attacking produces headshots and wins you the fight.

TF2 had it right. Leave headshots for those classes that focus on high single target damage.
>>
File: Mal'damba.jpg (279KB, 1920x891px) Image search: [Google]
Mal'damba.jpg
279KB, 1920x891px
>>376753078
Paladins is a mixed bag. There are bad designs and some mighty decent ones.
>>
>>376753078
>New Yorker

Clearly a Boston accent you pleb. Overwatch characters are deviantart OC it's their personalities and playstyles that are boring and safe. I never mentioned anything about generic, OW rips off some pretty unique characters and deviantarts them into mundane pieces of shit.
>>
>>376754663
the time to kill is long enough where panicked headshots dont win clutch fights, characters' health pools are so big only consistent head shots net you outstanding results. the only notable characters with cheesy 1 shot kill head shots is maybe mei or mccree, everyone else earns their DPS with head shots. not a single "low offense" character gains power from being able to head shot especially considering most of them are given shitty projectile weapons compared to the powerful hitscans of offense heroes
>>
>>376748656
>>376748325
bastion isnt good anymore

mccree and tracer are consistently bad below 3000 sr

the only outstanding hit scanner that works well consistently is soldier
>>
>>376728263
tf2 humour is from 2007.
>>
>>376744763
it's sterile.

>>376737764
>balance is fine
no way some dumb nigger that bullies others that want more for their money has a clue about game balance beyond copy pasting what they saw on twitch.
>>
File: cavenon.jpg (65KB, 396x313px) Image search: [Google]
cavenon.jpg
65KB, 396x313px
>>376726297
You get him cavenon!
>>
File: reddit.jpg (59KB, 500x410px)
reddit.jpg
59KB, 500x410px
>>376727632
>>
>>376757350
t. never died to Mercy's pistol getting a few panicked headshots or to tracer/S76/sombra just spraying and hitting you in the head

It's especially bad in the case of the automatic weapons as there's a high chance they will net headshots at close range.
>>
>>376727030
>Make an RTS
>Release WoW
>Genre boom, every MMO on the market save for a few hold outs copy your model.
>Genre boom, countless RTS clones are made
I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you're underage.
>>
>>376746914
>if I put XD after the description /v/ will agree with me
At least have the wherewithal to change up your meme descriptions.
>>
>>376760190
I was expressing my dislike with sarcasm
>>
>>376757694
>Consistently bad

Maybe in low diamond. GM Mccrees mains are a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>376726297
looooool :-)
>>
>>376746914
>le
>XD
this is top banter in \vee\
>>
>>376727030
Blizzard has one of the best art directions in the industry. Their games are also really polished and engaging, at least for a while. They also know how to hype people by doing those 10/10 cgi trailers.

I still remember when almost everyone on /v/ was going crazy jerking off to Tracer after the trailer reveal. I bet a lot of people bought the game with their dicks... I did
>>
>>376761356
Junkrat says "Le Trap" and D.va say XD
>>
>>376727740
When gameplay gets brought to the table tf2 wipes the floor with Overwatch. That mentality has nothin to do with story and OP is not /v/.

As an aside, tf2s writing doesnt apply exclusively to 9 year olds so it's better in that regard as well.
>>
>>376757694
my master buddy who is actually good at the game is a mccree main
>>
>>376760435
And I was critiquing your repetition.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.