[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get to comm tower >shitty controls and camera lead to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: mgs.png (32KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
mgs.png
32KB, 250x215px
>get to comm tower
>shitty controls and camera lead to having to retry over and over
>oh well that's probably the worst part of the game, the rest should be better
>get to hind fight
>shitty controls make the fight hard the first time and trivially easy once you get used to it
>oh well that was probably the worst part of hte game, the rest should be better
>get ambushed in elevator
>shitty aim controls make this needlessly difficult
>...

i thought this was a stealth game. i think i'm done with this piece of shit, its looks like they ironed out a lot of the technical shit in MGS2 and MGS3. it's a shame because i was really enjoying everything before the torture scene.
>>
Haha, same!!
>>
File: caught.jpg (85KB, 613x611px) Image search: [Google]
caught.jpg
85KB, 613x611px
>>376720919
>>
>>376720468
It literally says "TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION" on the cover. It's not a stealth game, it's an action game with stealth segments.
>>
>>376722010

well the action parts have been pretty shit so far
>>
>>376722486

the whole game is pretty shit m8
>>
>>376723556

i know you're baiting, but i really just don't think it's fun for every single encounter to be something frustrating that you're encouraged to learn how to cheese.
>>
>>376723798

I'm not baiting. MGS is terribly designed and you're illustrating why.
It only gets worse the longer you go, as the second disc collapses into little more than a boss rush with pointless backtracking to pad it out.
>>
>>376723798
>using stealth
>in a stealth game
>cheesing
>>
>>376720468
replayed this game a while ago, while I still think the visuals hold up but the gameplay has not. Couldn't bother to finish it.
>>
>>376720468

I'm amazed at how inept some of you guys are. 10 yos were playing this shit just fine back when it was released.
>>
>>376723939

>MGS
>Stealth game
>>
OP Metal Gear Solid is Top5 best games of all time but yeah, it's not a good shooter.

Bear in mind though what year it came out.
>>
File: Foxmile.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Foxmile.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>376724101

>It's a top 5 game but you should lower your expectations because it's old.
>>
>>376724185
>listening to Bach
>"where the fuck are the drums?"
>>
>>376723939

>having trouble on boss
>lol git gud fag all you have to do is [x]
>but if you do [x] you're a cheesing faggot

litterally no way to win with you people
>>
>>376720468

MGS has aged fucking terribly, only MGS3 is decent.

MGS2 fags will wear a blindfold to tell you that the level design was brilliant, but it's shit.

Also I never knew how to survive the Hind D fight on hard, at the end when he shoots the missile volley and tries to blow up the tower, I always survive it by mere chance
>>
>>376724397

My nigger.
>>
>>376724101

i really was liking it pre torture scene. but since then its been aggravating.

also maybe it was in a codec somewhere but i can't believe they didn't more explicitly say X+Square lets you run and shoot. that's basically critical to getting through the comm tower but i had to look it up online because I would have never guessed that the crouch button lets me do that.

also there's just little things that frustrate me, like I keep forgetting that in menus X is back and O is confirm, which is the opposite of like every other playstation game i've ever played
>>
>>376724478

>also there's just little things that frustrate me, like I keep forgetting that in menus X is back and O is confirm, which is the opposite of like every other playstation game i've ever played
OP is a faggot
>>
>>376720468
You are one of the worst players ever

The comm tower and hind d is one of the easiest parts in the entire game.
>>
>>376724478
>also maybe it was in a codec somewhere but i can't believe they didn't more explicitly say X+Square lets you run and shoot. that's basically critical to getting through the comm tower but i had to look it up online because I would have never guessed that the crouch button lets me do that.
manual, it's always in the manual.
I thought CQC in 3 was bullshit but then the manual told me how to do anything I wanted.
>X is back and O is confirm
1. that's the superior and logical system desu
2. I hope you don't like playing Japanese games because that was the norm
>>
>>376724543

by playstation game i meant ps2, 3, and 4. maybe that button setup was standard on psx but its hard getting used to when the other system conditioned you the other way

>hurr durr he didn't play ps1 first!

go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1459742885479.jpg (20KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
1459742885479.jpg
20KB, 259x259px
I've actually been replying this myself for the past week or two. Tried it on Extreme, and I gotta say, this difficulty is such horse shit. I still love the game, but christ almighty some of the changes are just retarded, especially when paired with the poorly aged mechanics
>>
>>376724593
it's got nothing to do with logic, its the fact that so many other games i played first did it the other way around
>>
>>376724791
Yeah because americans don't like to think and say "X button closest so I use it" when the Japanese thought "well, an X implicitly means "no" or "wrong," and a O implicitly means confirmation"
>>
>>376720468

>Comm tower
spam stun grenades, wow so hard

>Hind D
how fucking retarded are you that you cant use quick equip\unequip and aim a missile with lock on, the controls are shit? is it really that hard to press square.
>get ambushed in elevator
>shitty aim controls make this needlessly difficult
You fucking stood still didn't you? do the barehand CQC to quickly knock them downand shoot them while they're getting up

I never thought people would be so bad to call MGS1 difficult
>>
>>376725285
Wow dude you are such a gamer!!!!
>>
>>376725458

He's right. It's never been known to be a difficult game.
>>
>>376725285

you literally can't shoot enemies while they're getting up, they got an immunity timer

fake news
>>
>>376725458
Yeah sorry Im not as dog shit retarded at games as you
>>
>>376720468
I am so sorry you had to go through this, the gamecube game is much superior you should've have tried that instead.
>>
>>376725631

>its never been known to be a difficult game

its a well known fact that the 2 higher difficulties are total bullshit
>>
>>376725639
Anytime you knock them down, they'll try to reposition and that gives you free shots at them
>>
File: 1484700566837.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484700566837.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>376723875
sh..shut up!!!
it's a classic,no flaws whatsoever!!!
>>
>>376720468

MGS1 is like a top-down 2d game with 3d-model-based enhancements. Don't play it like a regular modern game.

Also, Cyborg Ninja is fucking bullshit. I only managed to beat him on Normal by doing that thing where you alternate between a cardinal direction and a diagonal direction very quickly so as to produce North Northwest movement. You've gotta fuck with the game.
>>
File: 1491839411606.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1491839411606.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>376720468
I'm going to assume you don't like the steam controller, if you're shit at adapting to control schemes.

I'm with the others here, that is not a hard game nor are they the hard parts of the game.
>>
>>376720468
>i thought this was a stealth game.
so why the fuck you trying to shoot niggers jackass
flip em you dipshit
>>
>>376726089

>MGS1 is like a top-down 2d game with 3d-model-based """enhancements""". Don't play it like a regular modern game.

This is why MG2 and MGS:GB were better
>>
>>376725631
Yeah, and what other games are considered universally hard? Bullet hells? Fuck off retard
>>
>have to be lying down completely prone to use sniper
>sniper wolf can use it standing and squatting

fuck this game, fuck kojima, and fuck every single one of you
>>
>/v/ is so underage that they can't even beat mgs1

Pfffft ahahaha hahahahahaha please fuck off and never come back
>>
I don't understand how anyone has problems with the controls. I found it weird at first but after an hour or two it just werks.
The Hind fight is my second favorite fight in the game. Sniper Wolf and Grey Fox are tied for first.
>>
>>376726173
Not everyone had the dual analog controller for PS1, so they had to make it that way on purpose.
>>
>>376725990
Actual flaws of MGS1
>The game is too short
>The second half is pretty bad other than a few boss fights
>Backtracking sequences padding the game

Not flaws but people being DPS tier bad
>the controls are confusing
>the game is too hard
>the game doesn't tell you anything, im too retarded to listen to codec or read the fucking manual
>>
>>376727171

nobody ever said the controls were confusing

They're simply poor.
>>
Did anyone else beat the jeep chase without knowing you can go 1st person on the turret?
>>
File: 1492172578416.jpg (87KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
1492172578416.jpg
87KB, 1000x924px
>>376727542
you're kidding me you can go 1st person?
>>
>>376727780
Yeah the look button, triangle i think?
>>
>>376727926
that turret part is literal bullshit in third person mode especially right after fighting rex
i replayed it on the vita and had to use the back touchpad to change items
>>
MGS is shit
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.