[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else replay games like 5 times over instead of just moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1474924891474.jpg (27KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1474924891474.jpg
27KB, 600x418px
Anyone else replay games like 5 times over instead of just moving onto another one? Currently replaying Dark Souls again
>>
>>376719705
I've replayed KOTOR1 like 6 times.
I just fucking love it.
>>
>>376719785
I know. even if the games arent even that good. ive replayed GTA IV like six times even though it kinda sucks. I guess I like the atmosphere and characters.
>>
>>376719705
If it's under 10 hours or so I usually replay it immediately. If its a longer one but I really enjoyed it I come back in about 6months to a year for a replay
>>
>>376719705
I do the opposite, I play halfway or 3/4 through a game then don't pick it back up and actually finish it before starting a new one. It's why my backlog is fucking ridiculously huge.
>>
All the time. As long as it's something you're genuinely having fun with then there's no shame in going back and recapturing the magic.

I feel like with limited free time, I want to make the most of it, so going back to something I know I like to do is pretty common, even if I've played through the content a hundred times before. If I want to try a new game, I have to just do it and not stop and think about the opportunity cost of the time I could have spent playing an old game instead.

I think if I'm ever going to break my habit of avoiding trying new things, I need to break out of the endless Wage Slave cycle. Even then, the first thing I'd do would probably be play through the Souls games again.
>>
In a row? No.

Replaying games I like instead of playing new ones? Yes, definitely.
>>
>>376719705
The only games I've replayed many times are
Final Fantasy VII & IX
>>
>>376719705
>Currently replaying Dark Souls again
Shouldn't you be playing Dark Souls III? Also how does one replay Dark Souls unless they are doing a speedrun?
>>
>>376719705
No sorry Im not retarded.
>>
>>376719705
pretty sure that's a sign of autism
>>
File: 137168245899.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
137168245899.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>>376719705
I've always been like this.
I have a very hard time getting into and enjoying various video games titles, but when I do I play them to no end and as soon as I beat them I just restart the game anew. Some times I try to change my playstyle in order to explore new ways to beat the game and other times I just repeat a previous playthrough I've done.

The worst part is that I am completely aware of what I'm doing and even though I want to try out new games I just can't get myself to get past the first hour in most games I play. Combined I have clocked more than 20000 hours into video games but almost all of them are distributed among the same 10> titles. I want to get off this ride
>>
when I'm not playing WoW I replay

>KotOR 1/2
>Jade Empire
>Tomba 1/2
>Crash 1/2/3
>Spyro 1/2
>Final Fantasy x/x-2
>KH
>tes 3

2017 has been weird since I've actually bought one new video game a month. there's too many games coming out this year
>>
>>376719705
In a row? Only if I'm going for trophies and such.
I replay games I really enjoy from time to time though.
>>
Not immediately. Although I would rather replay a game that I know is good (as long as it's relatively short) than start a new game.
>>
I used to when was a kid and had no money to buy anything. Now I just get a few hours into a game and then never pick it up again.
>>
>>376721468
Different builds and role playing.
>>
File: 1490229334574.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490229334574.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>>376719705
Maybe you have the austismo like me, I am replaying dark souls for n time too.
>>
>>376719705
>tfw literally just play the same 2 or 3 games hundreds of times

Am I autism?
>>
I try to force myself to try something new every day, or at least a few times a week

and I'll also go back and try something that I thought was terrible, years ago

but its very rare that I'll find something new and good
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (275KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
275KB, 1280x720px
>>376722619
Yes
>>
Yep, the ones that come to mind for me are the half life games and splinter cell chaos theory
>>
No, I seek new experiences.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.