[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Surge vs Dark Souls: A Detailed Comparison of Structure,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (122KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
122KB, 460x215px
https://youtu.be/4c_JPDMgkhI

I thought this video was great. Gives a detailed look on the game and talks about how it compares, after 25 hours of play.

Combat: very satisfying, weighty and the dismemberment system is great. Strongest aspect of the game. Instead of focusing on just bosses, every encounter is deadly and challenging. Bosses are great too. Vastly improved from LOTF. Animations are really good and telegraph attacks well, and also flow nicely.

Progression: you can build your character in many different ways, there's crafting and a good amount of variety.

Setting & level design: the world is very interconnected and well-realized. Small, claustrophobic areas that are intensely interconnected and complex. Instead of having many bonfires, areas have few bonfires that everything connects back to with an abundance of shortcuts. Video shows some later areas that weren't shown in the earlier previews and they look cool.
>>
>>376715245
combat actually looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKj_8AUZAxU
>>
>playing western shit
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (70KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
70KB, 900x600px
>>376715245
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>376716227
Moooom I said shill again! :D
>>
>>376716227
I'm sure that youtube guy is a shill as well?
>>
>>376715245
is this game only feature melee weapon?
>>
>>376717036
From what I've seen you can summon a drone that shoots lasers from time to time.. no idea how that works tho.
>>
File: shills among us.jpg (1MB, 2761x1552px) Image search: [Google]
shills among us.jpg
1MB, 2761x1552px
reminder. same devs, same method
>>
>>376716868
You don't think youtubers try to promote their channels on here?
>>
>>376716161
>Sluggish combat where you sit around trading blows.
Yawn, looks like more Lord of the Fallen type crap.
>>
>>376717294
Forget what I said.
I've just seen the same video posted in another Surge thread.. obviously gets shilled.
>>
>>376715245
Watched about 10 minutes of this trash on twitch.
Fuck off, shill.
Your company is incompetent and can't even clone dark souls correctly (again).
>>
>>376717189
That explains it. lord of the fallen flopped because it tried too hard to copy dark souls and now they're trying again?
Pretty sad desu
>>
>>376717534
>Sluggish combat where you sit around trading blows.
How are the Soulsgames any different?
>>
>>376718159
I'd explain it, but you're obviously retarded so it would just be a waste of time.
>>
>>376718328
Then why are you still replying?
>>
Shill
am i fitting in guys? its my first day here
>>
>>376715245
Don't worry, I'll definitely pirate it when it gets cracked.
>>
File: 1491945490788.jpg (33KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1491945490788.jpg
33KB, 480x465px
Doesn't look interesting at all.

Maybe I'll pirate it when it gets released.

I had a love-hate relationship with lord of the fallen. Meaning I fucking hated it but got it free from the psn so w/e
>>
>>376718535
But thus help sales right :^)
>>
>>376715245
>>376717189
God that massive inferiority complex.
>>
>>376716198
>playing weebshit
>>
>legitimately interested in this game and want to discuss it
>can't even bring it up without retards screaming shill

Reminder that this is why /v/ is shit and hardly any actual vidya discussion can take place.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.