[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's a good chance a new Splinter Cell will be announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: samfisherbl.jpg (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
samfisherbl.jpg
178KB, 500x500px
So there's a good chance a new Splinter Cell will be announced in E3. Are you hyped? How will Ubi fuck it up?
>>
>>376706993
Fuck no, these fags have proven that they don't want to make a proper SC game by making the last two games.
I hope Vivendi hostile takeover soon, fuck these frogs.
>>
Considering the recent flood of remasters and re-releases, we might just get a Chaos Theory remastered.
which i would buy
>>
They brought back the guy behind Chaos Theory. So maybe...
>>
>>376707487
It has already been remastered. The HD collection is on 360 on PS3.
>>
>>376707429
The worst game in the series is Double Agent.

Conviction is way different and kind of it's own thing, and in a lot of ways a bad SC game, but a rad stealth action game.

Blacklist is the second best in the series. It's basic Chaos Theory 2. The devs literally sat down and said "alright, everyone loves Chaos Theory, so let's just make that again" and they fucking did.

But retards like you piss and moan because hurrrrrr muh ironsides and hurrrrr muh uplay and other inane shit.
>>
File: Im too old for this shit.jpg (65KB, 497x568px) Image search: [Google]
Im too old for this shit.jpg
65KB, 497x568px
>>376707634
Even the gamebreaking bug riddled Double Agent is better than shitlist.
>It's basic Chaos Theory 2
Honestly kill yourself, nobody sane could hold such a shitty opinion.
They designed it literally after Conviction and then shoehorned a """"stealth"""" playstyle into it as last minute reaction to the E3 blowout.
>>
File: splinter.jpg (369KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
splinter.jpg
369KB, 1600x1200px
>>376706993
I'm always up for more stealth, but I want it to be good and not repeat past mistakes. Blacklist, while not perfect because of how every single character was annoying, was still okay in terms of gameplay. They need to bring back the tension that arises from serious consequences of being spotted. I honestly liked the stealth in TLOU better because fights were costly, and Ground Zeros was a better sneaking game.

What I didn't like in Blacklist was how nothing had consequence. Oh, someone spotted me? I'll just mow down everyone and then the AI will reset when I go through this climbing section/hallway to the next arena. There's not even a resource problem from being spotted, because you carry so many bullets/gadgets and they get refilled at every checkpoint. In Chaos theory, you went into a mission with 90 rounds of ammo at most, usually just 60. In Blacklist you carry around 450 rounds and that restocks itself constantly, along with your regenerating health. There was just no issue with killing everyone openly. It wasn't "harder" than sneaking, which makes foe a bad sneaking experience.
>>
>>376707634
>Blacklist is the second best in the series. It's basic Chaos Theory 2.
No, it's press ctrl to stealth.
>>
>>376706993
>So there's a good chance
no there isnt
>>
File: 1435880648031.png (216KB, 417x533px) Image search: [Google]
1435880648031.png
216KB, 417x533px
>>376706993
Why would they remove the mouse mechanic in the newer games? No one's done that before and it was perfect for the stealth gameplay.
>mfw can literally run and stab everyone unless i handicap myself
>>
File: Grim-1.jpg (25KB, 618x348px) Image search: [Google]
Grim-1.jpg
25KB, 618x348px
>>376708293
>every single character was annoying
But not best girl.
>>
>>376708426
You don't seriously expect nu-devs who work on a new entry in the IP to play the previous games which were actually good and carbon copy the best mechanics, do you?
No they just copy the latest trends from CoD and their own recent shitty titles like Far Cry 3.
>>
File: still holds up.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
still holds up.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>376706993
>make it like the older SC games
>guaranteed low scores for "outdated and punishing game design"
>make it like the newer SC games
>guaranteed low sales because nobody but SCfans care about the series and don't want more conviction and blacklist
>reboot the series
>turn it openworld
>make it the good version of MGSV

It could happen. Who am I kidding? It's going to turn into generic ubisoft collectathon tower shitfest
>>
>>376707634
Confirmed for not playing DA.
Gamecube/xbox/ps2 version was great. The pc/ps3/xbox 360 wasn't that bad either, but it was the weakest.
>>
>>376708293
>I'll just mow down everyone and then the AI will reset when I go through this climbing section/hallway to the next arena.
Agreed, this sucked. It should be damn near impossible to beat the mission if you get spotted.

Though I always reload when someone spots me in these kinds of games.
>>
>>376708587
Tbh they don't even need to reboot it or make it open world. Just do lots of big hubs, like Ground Zeroes. Insert a primary objective and a bunch of secondary ones. Voila, GOTY.
>>
>>376708587

Openworld? The good version of MGSV?

We're talking about the company that made The Division and Wildlands, right?
>>
Ditch Charlie, ditch Griggs, make a passing note of how that bald bad guy from Blacklist was killed during interrogation (fuck sequel plots, make each SC game it's own thriller), bring back Grim's old VA, make 4th Echelon feel less like the Justice League and more like an NSA organisation, and maybe the atmosphere will be cool again.
>>
>>376708587
Openworld games are trash, they're empty. Especially Ubisoft's. Unless it's like >>376708790 said, with hubs and various objectives.
>>
>>376708486
I don't really agree. She was a totally different character from regular Grim.
>>
Is a SC getting announced? Blacklist was a Jade game and she works at EA now, does that Ubi studio still exist? Plus it didnt sell well I thought I read that SC is on hold for now

Ubi is all hands on deck with ass creed and far cry anyway
>>
>>376709068
Probably not, but they did revive Rainbow so who knows.
>>
>>376709068
There are a lot of rumors, especially that SC is gonna be announced at Microsoft's press conference (like BL was) as one of titles to showcase Scorpio. And now the latest rumor just so happens to be that Microsoft has acquired the rights to market a major unannounced AAA title.
>>
>How will Ubi fuck it up?

what, it's not fucked up enough yet?
>>
>>376708790
Too much open ground means players can abuse hard coded vision limits to walk around guards, like in MGSV. In the ubisoft universe, open spaces are more like something that the ghost recon squad tackles. SC is more focused on infiltrating places that should be difficult for anything more than one or two guys. Indoors type, close sight lines places.

Previous SC games did have big levels that I think were good.The point of them was to sneak through, not backtrack through.
>>
>>376709282
Making it an xbone exclusive would be a mistake.
>>
>>376708867
I feel like that would be boring as fuck and suffer from Ubisoft open world syndrome.

>Collect all the USB thumbdrives!

No thanks.
>>
>new splinter cell game
>beyond good and evil 2

Ubishit would literally win E3 no matter how bad both would eventually be.
>>
>>376708862
I found it funny that the 4th Echelon consists of basically 4 people and a handful of crew who operates the plane.
>>
>>376710832
I thought it was stupid as hell. It felt like it was some TV crime show. There weren't many characters in the older games, but they did have tons of analysts besides Grim working for 3rd echelon behind the scenes.
>>
Samantha Fisher, world's first tranny spy.
>>
>>376706993
>Kojipro's gone
>IO interactive gone
>Splinter Cell hasn't made a fuss in years and ubisoft is going to be bought soon by vivendi, possibly freezing all games in development or put to death,meaninf no new SC game
It's not fair, my favorite genera and series are all dying...
>>
>>376711380
For a second I thought you were that guy who keeps saying Sam's daughter should be the protagonist, even though it makes no sense for a woman with no military training or experience to suddenly be doing splinter cell shit.
>>
>>376706993
blacklist is highly underrated
>>
I don't think an open world Splinter Cell game would work, since most of the time missons are set all over the world.

So unless they had zones for each country with multiple missions I can't see it working for it that well.
>>
>>376706993
by not using michael ironside as the voice actor
>>
>>376711680
I agree. It's just not the right format for the series. Linear levels have way more detail packed into them and are always better at creating an atmosphere.
>>
>>376711680
they already have an open world Splinter Cell game, it's called watchdogs 2, they need to keep Splinter Cell franchise linear, but still keep multiple options like the classic games and more recently blacklist
and ditch the fps missions, that shit wasn't fun trying to do stealthy
>>
Idk, but I hope they bring back grimsdottir with short hair. She was fine in Conviction
>>
>>376710832
>>376711275
That team was scrambled together shortly after the Blacklist attacks and the entire idea was "give Fisher resources and get the fuck out of his way". They weren't meant to be a CIA/NSA type organization.
>>
>>376712752
>the future of our country is dependent on you, fisher
>here is all this high-tech equipment, limitless funding, and the approval to go wild in any foreign country
>but we are still going to lock you out of great equipment until you have proven your worth in the field
>we wouldn't want to waste the few dollars on a better stealth suit, guns, or plan features like fucking radar
>>
>>376711890
The FPS section was horrible. Not only were the controls absolute ass, the guns felt terrible in first person, it was linear as fuck and the black guy couldn't stop commenting on everything.
>>
>>376713229
You could say the same about lots of games with an arbitrary limit on inventory desu.
>>
>>376711712
Ironside is like 70, he is done.
>>
>>376716231
Sam is pretty much 70 as well. Ironside is at the perfect age to do a Sam that takes on the Lambert role.
>>
>>376716492
If Blacklist is any indicator, they don't want Sam to get old.
>>
>>376716947
Nobody liked new Sam. That guy in Blacklist wasn't even Sam. He was like this young and impulsive asshole that would be perfectly paired with the real Sam trying to teach him some patience.
>>
I'll be excited, but it's Ubisoft, so yeah they'll fuck it up
>>
>>376717328
>young
Nu-Sam was still obviously a veteran. My biggest problem with him was was he lack of humor.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.