[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 (USA) for the first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ff3.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ff3.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
So I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 (USA) for the first time. I pretty much have no prior experience with Final Fantasy games.

Is it just me, or is Edgar's auto crossbow OP as fuck? Every battle so far revolves around me waiting for Locke and Terra to finish their moves, so I can use Edgar's crossbow to finish the enemies off. It pretty much kills most enemies in one hit, and to top it off, it hits every enemy.

This game feels pretty easy, and I don't like that I have to revolve around using Edgar's crossbow to win battles. Am I playing this game wrong? Terra only has 3 spells, do I get more soon? And is Terra the only party member who can use magic? I watched ProJared play the original Final Fantasy, and that game seemed much more balanced as far as parties go. He had a Fighter, a Thief, and Black Mage, and a White Mage. In this game I just have 2 dudes and a magical mary sue.

I mean I like it so far, but this is just way too easy and I don't like how Edgar's crossbow is so overpowered. Please tell me it gets better and more challenging, and also more balanced as far as my party goes.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm tired and delirious as fuck. Love u /v/
>>
That game can become pretty broken if you know the mechanics, edgar's crossbow doesn't stay OP. However it can get pretty hard if you don't know about shit like vanish+doom or magic evade.
>>
>>376705051
>However it can get pretty hard if you don't know about shit like vanish+doom or magic evade.

What's this? I pretty much know absolutely nothing about Final Fantasy and how it works.
>>
Auto crossbow will be OP for a few more areas. Everything else will catch up eventually, and that's probably the hardest part of the game. After you get to a certain point though you're likely to find more OP shit, it's just not a balanced game at all (and no Final Fantasy is)

Your other characters can get magic, but it's tied to a pretty big plot point so don't worry about missing it. Just keep going dude
>>
Literally everything you ask can be cleared up bythis: "play the game"
>>
>>376704838
Auto crossbow is very useful in the mountains and maybe a bit later too but that doesn't happen for long. It's the best damage output in the game where you are right now.

Also, it doesn't suffer from penalties if you are in the back row, so you should put everyone there (Locke Steals, Terra casts spells [if needed])
>>
>>376705051
>it can get pretty hard if you don't know about the absolutely game-breaking bugs
No, it can't. You don't need that shit to breeze through the game. You don't even need basic understanding of FF job systems, since characters have fixed classes in VI.
>>
>>376705158
The evade stat is broken and useless, making the blind status (and goggles) do nothing, and the magic evade stat acts as both magic and physical evade. Vanish+doom kills just about any boss.
Hope you have some self-restraint and don't use this.
>>
>>376704838

Just wait until you get the chainsaw.
>>
if you think auto crossbow is op you should see the chainsaw
>>
>>376705675

Aren't there some patches that fix this?
>>
You have see nothing, remember a word: the chainsaw.
>>
>>376705728
>>376705760
>>376705808
>chainsaw procs insta-death effect
>enemy was undead and this full heals it

Thanks
>>
>>376705989
>using chainsaw against undead enemies

0/5
>>
The crossbow's nothing. The chainsaw's where it's at.
>>
>>376705728
I just used the drill instead when I needed single-target damage. The chainsaw really likes to attempt the instant kill animations on enemies immune to it.
>>
You learned magic by equipping magic rocks on characters and the rocks leveled up and grew in power. Right now I can't remember what the fuck they were called in FF6. But whether it's Materia or Quartz or whatever else, it's all always been the same basic idea: equip magic stone, acquire magic spells, as you earn XP you learn to cast the spell or it levels up the magic rock itself.
>>
>>376704838
hah, just wait until you get saban.

You can insta kill a ton of shit with just him alone.

ALSO, hope you're playing with a SNES controller.
>>
Crossbow? Step up. Get the chainsaw. See the difference.
>>
>>376705051
>vanish+doom
Dude it's his first final fantasy ever what the fuck are you talking about bug shit for

Evade is one thing but geez

Anyway OP make sure to pick up tools at shops or just lying around - big thing is the chainsaw - Edgar is a great character but I got my favorites

It gets good! You'll like it
>>
>>376705728
>>376705760
>>376705808
>>376705989
>>376706039
>>376706052
>>376706128

Getting hype about this chainsaw. Does it only attack one enemy or does it attack multiple?
>>
>>376706337

It's a single enemy.

Pay attention to the NPC dialog in Zozo to solve the puzzle there.
>>
>>376705675
>Hope you have some self-restraint
Judging from his inability to NOT use the crossbow in every fight I think you just ruined any chance of him having fun with the game. It's gonna be vanish/doom cheapness at every chance.

OP, though I know my criticism will fall on deaf ears, you can just not use the super powerful moves every time if they're making the game dull. Edgar has a normal attack too.
>>
>>376706385
Thanks for the tip Anon. I'm in the mountains right now.
>>
This thread has been lacking something vital until now.
>>
>>376706480
Yeah I know, I try not to use the OP crossbow all the time, but at this moment in the mountains, I keep coming across the same monsters and I just want to get through them so I use the crossbow.

I'll try and use more restraint though. I don't like being super powerful e.g. (press A to win).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.