[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to start pic related, any tips or things a first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: KotOR_Cover.png (662KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662KB, 768x960px
I'm about to start pic related,
any tips or things a first time player should know.

Also, KOTOR thread.
>>
None of it is canon
>>
>>376703552
Just have fun
>>
>>376703552

At about the midway point in the game you'll be set free to complete main quests on four different planets (Tatooine, Manaan, Korriban and Kashyyyyyyyyyyk). The order that you do them in matters! Specifically, make sure to do Manaan THIRD (e.g. Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Manaan, Korriban) to get a unique lightsaber crystal that changes game mechanics. Also, whichever one you do last has slightly different dialogues available due to plot events. Korriban has the most differences, so I recommend doing that last.
>>
do not prestige as a jedi master or sith lord. they are literally worse than the base options
>>
>>376703552
get ready to be disappointed by a "twist" any working brain should see coming from the end of the first planet, and dragon ball z level powerwankery.
>>
>>376703552
>tips
Both Kotor games can be beaten by pushing 1 button over and over again.

The combat is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>376703552
Play the rogue equalent in thhis game, it's called sentinel or scounger if I remember correctly, haing a lot of skillpoints is really useful, you will be a less effective at combet but I doesn't really matter kotor games are really easy even on the hardest difficulty. Also there are a lot of hq texture mods for this game, look them up.
>>
>>376703552
There's a mod that changes the player character's dialogue choices to something more composed.
As an example, for some reason Bioware wrote the choices to contain a lot of exclamations and they just come off as inappropriate for nearly every situation and make your character seem like a zany blockhead with zero social tact.
I strongly suggest you to download it. Kotor is a good game and decently written even, save for this weird lapse. You'll get more invested into it all when your character doesn't speak like a teenager thinking he's cool.
I think it was called response moderation.
>>
Download KSE
>>
>>376704760
I'm guessing the protag is the reven guy that was killed.

They said she detail about how Jedis can erase memories and personality. Explain my characters unprovoked amnesia.
>>
File: 1492129555155.jpg (142KB, 522x586px) Image search: [Google]
1492129555155.jpg
142KB, 522x586px
>>376703552
How do I play this in widescreen?
>>
>>376705121
There's a mod or whatever that you can use. Took me a while to figure out how to use it years ago but I'm sure it'll be easier now.
Funny because they update the second game and allowed higher resolutions, gamepad controls and other things I think. This was 2 summers ago.
>>
>>376703552
>Save level ups for tactical use, every time you use one of them it's a full heal, you only get 20 level ups to work with, make them all count
>Don't level the mc until a certain point in the story on the second planet, try to keep it between levels 5-8
>Str > dex, lightsabers are retarded op and blasters become pretty irrelevant after the first few planets, also the animations for melee look pretty good
>If you are having a hard time getting past a certain point, just spam either melee or energy shields and stimpacks
>You can take an extra turn for using items if you pause, go to the item list menu and use a medpac directly from there
>Dual weapons are going to be complete shit until you properly spec into them around level 10 or so, just stick with a single sword or quarterstaff for the majority of early game
>Play as a girl, Bastila's the only romance option for male mcs and it's pretty bad, plus girls get hella cute/sexy mods with armor and underwear
>>
File: 1374934879538.gif (2MB, 200x181px) Image search: [Google]
1374934879538.gif
2MB, 200x181px
1) do Korriban last
2) you don't need to spend all your level-ups on Taris as your starting class, it's useful to keep a few in store for when you change to Jedi classes. Finishing Taris as a lvl4 whatever is perfectly doable and lets you start as a lv3-4 Jedi right away netting you more Force Powers by the endgame than normal.
3) playing a male or female character actually changes things every now and then. Both are perfectly fine.
4) Don't even think about making a ranged character, lightsabers are where this game is at.
>>
>>376704286
>to get a unique lightsaber crystal that changes game mechanics.

Like what? I don't remember anything like this.
>>
>>376705902
I think he was just banting
>>
In kotor1, Max level is 20. It doesn't hurt to save some up, both because you become a jedi later on and because a level up heals you fully.

In kotor2, a blaster+dex build is so overpowered it's not even funny. But it is fun to play with dual blasters.

Also don't worry about spoilers. Kotor1's story is nothing to write home about, and Kotor2 isn't really based on a major plot twist. It just has really good writing for a video game and a Star Wars product.

>tfw phone wants to correct jedi to Jewish
>>
>>376706028
>>376705902
It's Darth Bandon's lightsaber. There's a guide on GameFAQs that lists all of its unique effects.
>>
>>376707352
I don't think I ever found this then, I always did Kashyyk third on all my playthroughs.
>>
>>376703552
Download this mod so that Bioware's god awful dialogue doesn't make you want to self-harm.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/335-pc-response-moderation/

Maybe the KOTOR 1 restored content mod.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/558-kotor-1-restoration/

Plus this for skyboxes

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/723-high-quality-skyboxes/
>>
>>376703552
game tells you what you need to know
stop looking at us for validation and just fucking play your videogame
>>
>>376703552
Choose drain life. You'll thank me when you finish the game.
>>
>>376703552
Don't try to speedrun the main plot. Treat each planet as a separate chapter and do the side-quests. Do Kashyyk before Manaan so you have access to the best side-quest in the game.
>>
Are double sabers shit?
>>
>>376709759
Kotors aren't difficult. Almost anything is viable, more so in 2. But as has been said dual wielding is shit until you get the necessary feats.
>>
>>376709759
They're more effective than single saber but less effective than dual saber. But this is a Star Wars game so any lightsaber is effective enough if you do up your build properly.
>>
>>376709964
Yeah, two sabers get you two sets of crystals, two sets of crystals gets you double the stats. Its better to have two different than a double bladed one.
>>
>>376703552
Set the difficulty to easy. The combat is a fucking chore and not worth the effort.
>>
>>376703552

Give it time in the beginning. It picks up. Also, the best starter class is Scoundrel.
>>
Good games but the writing isn't nearly as good as some /v/irgins who probably have never read a book outside the school claim it to be.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.