[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will be the long-term effects for how anaemic the 8th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: bomb.jpg (147KB, 1187x668px) Image search: [Google]
bomb.jpg
147KB, 1187x668px
What will be the long-term effects for how anaemic the 8th gen has been?
>>
>>376702041
i'm assuming you mean anemic. and i'm not really sure what you mean. there have been a good handful of great new IPs this generation from both the AAA market and the indie. inb4 you ask me to name a few solely to say they don't count.
>>
>>376702203
>a good handful of great new IPs this generation
Name me 3 must haves.
>>
>>376703026
Lets speed this up
>name games
You
>they're shit(even though you haven't played them)
>>
>>376702041
In fairness consoles and games have sold well, its on developers the fact that they've released no games at all. They've all doubled down on dlc and multiplayer loot sales. I have 4 games on ps4 despite having wanted more for about 5 years.
>>
>>376703150
I expect that's exactly what will happen by the time you get to 3.
Maybe you'd like to step up and prove these premise of this thread wrong by giving me 8th gen new IPs worth a shit.
>>
>>376703150
This.
OP you're just jaded. Timestamp your 8th gen consoles, I doubt you own both a Wii U and PS4.
>>
>>376702041
Ive got uncharted 4, bloodborne, alien isolation and drive club. Had my ps4 for a year. All are brilliant games.

The biggest issue this gen is that devs are switching focus from singleplayer and local multilayer games to online because that's where easy money is. Blame teenagers spending money on skins.
>>
File: wiiuexc.png (2MB, 1362x1443px) Image search: [Google]
wiiuexc.png
2MB, 1362x1443px
>>376702041
>>
Honestly it's getting harder just to think in terms of generations anymore. 2006-now feels like two halves of one gen
>>
File: ps4exc.png (3MB, 1392x1532px) Image search: [Google]
ps4exc.png
3MB, 1392x1532px
>>376703718
>>
>>376702041
I'm glad this gen Japanese devs have started to take notice of the PC platform and are releasing their games on PC as well.

>Ni No Kuni 2
>Ace Combat 7
>Nier Automata

As for the consoles, the xbone was and still is dead, the WiiU had about 10 good games (worth the price, but still disappointing on top of the incredibly short life cycle), and the PS4 is the only relevant console right now. I don't see a PS5 coming anytime soon and with a stellar line-up of future games, I'm sure any PS4 owner is and will remain satisfied.
>>
>>376703378
> I have 4 games on ps4 despite having wanted more for about 5 years.
This is my position exactly. At the price and quality, nothing is drawing me in to the current line-up. It's stunning to me how little is on offer and we are 3.5 years into this cycle proper.
It feels like the entire 8th gen is sufferring the same fate as the Xbox One. Poor launch, tepid release titles, death by IP anemia. I though the situation would change once the PS4 gained supremacy, but the problem seems to be more systemic. The games just aren't there.

>>376703402
> OP you're just jaded.
I thought so to. But I'm enjoying more retro games and I've bought a lot of second hand 6th and 7th gen games lately. The difference in quality and engagement is noticeable. I'd buy a lot of these if they were released new today. But they're not, and titles comparable are not being released.

> Timestamp your 8th gen consoles
I have a WiiU and Ps4. Like probably 80%+ people here. And I have more games for the WiiU than the PS4 and I'm a Sony-fag. Or at least I was. If 9th gen looks to be another washout, I'm thinking of going PC and retro permanently. I don't see another choice realistically.

>>376703718
I have a WiiU and a lot of games for it. I agree most of what you posted are good and I own a lot of them, but come on. There are very few new IPs in there and for a 5 year old console it's not a lot of big hits.

>>376703786
This post sums up everything that's wrong with PS4. Last gen IPs, Indie neo-flash hames, remasters, (multiplats but not in your images), Literally handheld titles being pushed as AAA next gen must haves.

Gravity Rush!? It's OK, but this is all Sony can come up with for it's 2017 front line? Jesus. I mean all these are OK niche and middleware games, but this isn't a system selling line up. Not by a long shot.
Why doesn't the PS4 have a knockout lineup by now? We'll be 4 years in soon?
>>
>>376703718
>#FE is >70
I thought it was good.
>>
File: JohnSteinbeck_TheGrapesOfWrath.jpg (64KB, 371x574px) Image search: [Google]
JohnSteinbeck_TheGrapesOfWrath.jpg
64KB, 371x574px
>>376703742
It feels like nothing had moved since the 360 came out. Like the industry hit some kind of hump in 2006 and never got over it. All the AAA titles feel unpolished, unfinished, anemic.
Like I don't know what happened. This industry used to be on fire! The old games still are. Nothing can touch a great video game. What's the fucking problem is what I want to know.

>>376703830
>Japanese devs have started to take notice of the PC platform
I don't want to go, but I think I might have to.
>>
>>376705443
70 not bad for what it was most reviews liked it just sold like shit though.
>>
>>376702041
Let me guess, you bought an Xbox One.
>>
>>376705360
>I have more games for the WiiU than the PS4
It's the other way around for me. I've got four Wii U games(Zelda, Bayo2, Splatoon and Wonderful101) while I have like 120 PS4 games, mostly multiplats, but the best games are exclusives.
>>
File: IMG_5284.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5284.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>376703402
>>
>>376705668
You are allowed your opinion, but I still think the industry makes amazing games that will stand the test of time as some of the classics and must-plays. During the 7th gen, we got the Portal games and Rayman Origins and Legends, and more.
>>
>>376705443
Scores don't matter beyond ">50 is worth looking at, <50 is unplayable trash".

>>376705360
>this isn't a system selling line up
Sold me the system.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.