[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>already forgotten S A D! Should have made a new ninja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

>already forgotten
S A D! Should have made a new ninja gaiden you dumb gooks
>>
>>376691517
I just beat the DLC.
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>376691517
>>376691638
Going to play dlc when im finished with persona 5
>>
>>376691638
>>376691861
Wrong twice xd
>>
>>376691638
What is the DLC even? I assumed it was just PvP shit.
>>
>>376692741
A new region and weapon type (Odachi), the PvP is free as well as a new difficulty and some new Ninjutsu and Onmyo.
>>
>>376693071
Oh shit, I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to get on that sometime. Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
*Should've released the game on PC where people actually play it

ftfy
>>
>>376692741
What >>376693071 said.
As well as some new passives and missions in older regions so you can grind out those other gear sets instead of running through old stages to reach a boss.

The Odachi is like the Axe but it's moves are all about switching stances mid combo without touching the Ki pulse button.
>>
>>376693319
Also forgot that it made Bare hands viable.
There is a passive skill that you can pump points into that just straight ups Bare hand damage. There is no cap on that skill
>>
Should have expected it to be forgotten immediately when you saw Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja on it.

Also, the combat and animations in this game are embarrassingly subpar and the enemy type is laughable at best.

And the bosses were all shit.
>>
>>376691638
Is this game as enjoyable as ds3 and bb? How is the aesthetic and the music and environments? Is there all that autistic attention to detail that from adds to their shit?
>>
>>376693357
Everyone knows that PC gamers don't actually play games.
They buy shit when it's on sale, boot it up to wank over the settings menu and grafics, then never touch it again.
>>
>>376692741
You can play as the Girls now.
I think this actually was a free update though
>>
File: C_BZQ4UUIAQPdeJ.jpg large.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C_BZQ4UUIAQPdeJ.jpg large.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>376693367
Don't forget it's ability to knock out an enemy's ki especially when they block, I mean the mid stance triangle finisher can be set as a dedicated guard break auto grapple move.

Also new in the update are weapon and armor effects like this.
>>
>already forgotten
We had a huge thread about it just like 10 hours ago
/vg/ is still active too

It's fucking great.
>>
>>376691517
I really don't know why people keep spinning on this like it was some huge failure.
It was the biggest success story for Koei who did not expect it to sell as well as it did. It just got a DLC released and has at least 2 more on the way.
>>
>>376693470
The aesthetic is Fuedal Japan. That's it.
The music isn't anything to really write home about. Only really kicks in on bosses.
The environments are Sea side fishing village. Japanese mansion, Ninja Mansion, Caves, Mountain village, Japanese strongholds, Open fields, Large bridges, An English prison. Bamboo forest. Snowy village. Busted up Temple by and on the Sea, and Feudal japan warring battlegrounds. as well as others.
Why don't you look something up about it. It would be faster for you.

The game is more about how well you handle your weapon rather than how well you exploit a long opening in an enemy.
>>
>>376693470
the gameplay is better than BB, fast, fluid, stylish
kinda like the bastard child of souls and a cuhrayzee game
music is good but limited so you'll hear the same few tracks a lot (boss music comes to mind)
the environments are pretty varied japanese areas but there's a lot of like castles and stuff you go to
there definitely isn't from level of detail in the game, it was dev'd on a much lower budget and it shows in a lot of ways
it's my personal GOTY so far though
>>
>>376693756
A think quite a few people here are a bit annoyed that they called it wrong. It was a bit of a slow starter in Japan, so a few days after release we had "NIOH FLOPPED, PC PORT INCOMING" threads spammed every half hour. A week and a half later, it's revealed to have sold a million copies, making it the highest-selling KT game since the merger. Kou Shibusawa apparently said during a shareholder's meeting recently that it's got a future as a franchise and Yasuda said that a sequel's already being informally discussed around the Team Ninja offices.

Particularly given its rather rocky development history, Nioh turned out to be a real Cinderella story for Shibusawa.
>>
>>376691517
Is the only way to start a thread about a game shitposting?
>>
>>376693954

It's been that way for years now.
>>
>>376693838
>kinda like the bastard child of souls and a cuhrayzee game
I would say it's more souls meets Onimusha.
>>376693470
I forgot to add that the game runs 720p 60FPS. Or you can choose to run it in cinematic mode
Why would anyone do that? Which makes it 30 fps but 1080p.
>>
>>376693821
>>376693838
Yeah, gonna do some research on it, sounds like a fun game nonetheless tho, thanks anons.
>>
File: C_LmhDUVoAAsrAi.jpg large.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C_LmhDUVoAAsrAi.jpg large.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
>>376693470
Shot answer is no.

Long answer:
>Is this game as enjoyable as ds3 and bb?
It really depends, I like it more than those by a little bit because I think the combat is faster paced with more interesting moves available.
>How is the aesthetic and the music and environments?
The aesthetic is feudal Japan at war with Japanese demons around.
The music doesn't have much of a presence during levels but for bosses it's quite good.
>Is there all that autistic attention to detail that from adds to their shit?
Since Nioh is mission based with diablo-esqe loot it doesn't reach the same levels of detail but it has enough stage gimmicks that you might not get bored of the admittedly low pool of enemy types.
I really enjoy the game because you can fine tune your character to be good at what you enjoy the most and usually it's viable.
>>
>>376694047
It's probably more of an aesthetic influence from Onimusha than anything; there's not really all that much influence in terms of the actual gameplay. The way Amrita absorbs into William owes more than a little to the way that orbs would get absorbed in Onimusha.
>>
>>376694047
yeah I haven't played onimusha so that may be a better comparison
nioh does give me that same urge to weapon swap and stance dance and just try to be a badass samurai during combat that i get from stuff like DMC even though there isn't a gameplay reason to really like in those kind of games
it just feels fun to do it
>>
>>376693470
>>376694084
A lot of people talk about low pool of enemy types, which is true for the main levels, but I think the game really shines with the vast variety in the bosses though.
>>
>>376693756
It definitely wasn't a failure but it's crazy how dead it went for a game that sold 1 Million plus. /v/, GameFAQ's, r/Nioh, I couldn't believe how such a high selling game could become so niche so fast.
>>
File: ahhh.png (206KB, 291x411px) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.png
206KB, 291x411px
>>376693367
>>376693674
dont forget it also has more range then an axe but less damage
>>
File: 1480271050242.jpg (416KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1480271050242.jpg
416KB, 750x1071px
>>376693838
>the gameplay is better than BB, fast, fluid, stylish
>kinda like the bastard child of souls and a cuhrayzee game

Pull

Sweep

Finisher

Pull

Sweep

Finisher

Sloth talismans

Living Weapon

wow man really CURAHZY lmao am i right fellas dante sure is hella f*cking epic haha

Piss right the fuck off. this game was a disgrace, i'd say it takes from Diablo fucking 3 before I would ever barf out the notion that it takes from an actual action game.

Honestly this game turned out to be disappointing after dipshit otakuniggers would literally spam threads with webms of their shit combat. Don't see many webms posted anymore because people realized how utterly braindead the content is.
>>
>>376694407
mostly because there where OTHER games that needed to be talked about

there are just too many games coming out man
>>
>>376694493
But faster attack speed and better guard break
Axe is obsolete.
I think it has a armor set attributed to it that makes you nigh invincible in a group fight.
>>
>>376694524
Let me guess.
You use Axe and fuck huge heavy armor.
Plebeian.
>>
>>376694524
have you even ever played an action game before?
you can beat DMC/bayo/MGR whatever just mashing attack and have a terrible time with it
nioh is no different
the fun is in being creative and stylish and just being a badass and the fact that you have a fuckton of moves at your disposal makes that pretty easy
I mean you can spam vital stars all day and breeze through DMC3 but why would you want to make the game less fun for yourself
>>
>>376694571
Well in the next 3 months there will be next of nothing of note because of the E3 dry spell until late august early September.

We will just get a whole lot of news on upcoming games but no actual worth a shit games releasing.

Happens every year.
>>
>>376691517
DLC was shit, only one new weapon which is also shit. The pvp is fucking terrible and broken. To think at some point people were calling this Dark Souls killer, LOLOL.

Ill admit it was fun for a min, but it doesnt hold the replay value of a souls game, at all. Once you beat the game you wont have the desire to ever come back to it all. A valiant effort
>>
>>376694571
I'd wager it was more to do with people coming in with unrealistic and high expectations that it would be comparable to Souls, along with system convolution and low replayability.

Heck I even think boss names were a limiting factor in internet discussion and buzz. I'll often google things like "bosses ranked in difficulty" after a game because it's interesting to see how different people and playstyles had different experiences, it seemed like no-one could even remember any of the Japanese names to discuss them.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.