[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are video games getting worse or am I just old now and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

Are video games getting worse or am I just old now and I've seen it all?
>>
video games are getting worse in the west while the rest of the world got better
>>
File: 1470616303731.jpg (387KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
1470616303731.jpg
387KB, 600x910px
Some are good, some are bad. Judge them on their own merits on a case by case basis. Doing otherwise means you are dumb as shit.
>>
>>376682121
why is James Rolfe punching that wiafu
>>
On the West - totally.

SJW, feminism and other "social victories" and "everything is political" is a cancer.

Japan is still safe.
>>
File: doesnt make a lick of sense.png (224KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
doesnt make a lick of sense.png
224KB, 512x384px
>>376682289
>Japan is still safe.
>mostly harem, loli and waifu games.
You're psychopathicly insane and have diseased dying cancerous-tumor ridden plague-dog shit tier taste if you think these are good.
>>
>>376682006
There are a lot of negative trends that have continued to get worse.

On the other hand, core gameplay is usually as good if not a little more polished.

But that's offset by those trends. Such as:
>Day 1 DLC.
>Day 0 DLC.
>Season Passes
>Advertising budgets dwarfing production budgets.
>SOCJUS
>Mobile phones becoming underpowered computers.
>Microtransactions.
>Casualization
>Yearly iterations that are one step forward, two steps back, and three to the Left. (EA present Call of Madden 2k17)
>EA in general.
>Matchmaking to the exclusion of server lists. Requiring a centralized Matchmaking server to pair people up, so that the online portion can be made obsolecent just in time for the new edition.
Which are only going to get worse, because it is an industry, and Normies are quite ready to hand over fistfulls of cash for a pimp gun skin in the new CoD, even though they bought the same thing last year.
But hey, no one plays that CoD, it's so last year. We'll just take the servers offline, so it doesn't trouble you.
>>
>>376682752
Still better than muh equality and muh tolerance and muh minorities.
>>
>>376682006
>FPS
The genre is getting old and is pandering to retarded idiots. I miss the good old Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, something went wrong in 2007.
>JRPG
Some companies are doing a great job (ATLUS, for example), but SE and idiots like Tabata are trying to appeal to the western and dudebro audience.
>RTS
It's dead. It's a shame, but it's dead.
>action western games
The open world has become a meme.

The DLC, day one patches, season passes and all that shit is killing gaming.
>>
>>376683496
I don't like the lolis and all that shit, but at least they don't come out with some 2-deep-4-me bullshit like Bioware or those shitty companies.
>>
You know what tires me?, "le tired gamer" threads.

Fuck you, OP.
>>
We've reached the peak of video games. At this point technological advances as they are now only lead to better graphics. We're being fed the same game again but shiner coat of paint each time.
Until VR kicks off or the game changing platform, don't expect any breakthroughs in video games
>>
>>376682006
Recent events have exacerbated the degree to which america and its video game companies are circling the drain. All other nations are experiencing a second renaissance.
>>
both
>>
File: 1252362866899.jpg (30KB, 292x332px) Image search: [Google]
1252362866899.jpg
30KB, 292x332px
>>376682752
You try a bit too hard to fit in.

Japan is the only bastion of Light among the Western degeneracy.
>>
>>376687052
Sometimes I wonder if weebs are deluded or just retarded. However, I then quickly remember that it's both. Examine something like Nier Automata or Nioh for example as you would if a western developer had made them and you'll quickly see they qualify as SJW games according to this website's idiotic criteria.
>>
>>376687264
Both Nioh and Nier Automata are great games, N:A is easily contesting GOTY 2017.
>>
>>376687868
Yes and one of Nier Automata's and even the original Nier's little messages was that we should treat intersex/ transsexual people with kindness and both games are incredibly pro gay even by Western standards.
>>
>>376688047
Kaine is not "transexual", she's futanari, retard.

If you think that she's the same as modern plebbit-tier freaks who cut their dicks to pretend to be a "girl" then you are fucking delusional.
>>
>>376688047
>pro gay even by Western standards.

Also no one hides the fact that Japan has gays and lesbians. The way society treats them is completely fucking different and they are not vocal special snowflakes like western faggots.
Japanese gays will never announce that they are gays at work and ask for special benefits from their bosses, meanwhile Western bosses are scared to treat their faggots in inappropriate way because they know that they will get shit ton of problems because of that.

Gays in Japan never interfere into social norms, working etiquette and politics unlike vocal Western faggots who want and already have special treatment and more rights than normal people. And they shove that fucking shit into your throat in every video game now.
>>
>>376688207
Automata has trans people. Kaine is straight up intersex.
>>
>>376687868
Automata is exactly the type of game that someone who's played video games before would not find anything enjoyable in.
>>
>>376682006
test
>>
>>376688514
If a western developer wrote Emil everyone would be complaining about how skeletal jesus christ is a fag.
>>
>>376688207
>she's futanari, retard
this fucking weeaboo
>>
>>376682006
>or am I just old now and I've seen it all

Neither, you're a pretentious douche who thinks he's seen it all.

Here's a funfact: You haven't.
>>
>>376688207
>futanari
Is this what happens when you skip school to watch anime instead?
>>
>>376688613
>Automata has trans people

List them.

> Kaine is straight up intersex.

You've been told already it's wrong. Do you even fucking understand what "transexual" means?
>a person who emotionally and psychologically feels that they belong to the opposite sex.
"a pre-operative male-to-female transsexual"
Kaine is a girl and she never felt like a man simply because she had a dick.

>>376688792
Retard.

>>376688736
Shit taste.

>>376688775
>If a western developer wrote Emil everyone would be complaining about how skeletal jesus christ is a fag.

He's only gay for brother Nier anyway, gaijins got a dumbed down version of the game with retarded Papa Nier MC that breaks all ties characters have in the original game.

And no, no one cared about Ellie from TLoU being lesbo.
>>
>>376688874
It happens when you are more educated than average /v/ermin faggot like you.
>>
>>376689098
Kaine is a hermaphrodite you massive retard.
>>
>>376689098
tarodickers literally in every thread, this is like when undertale came out and everyone casual who only watches meme anime and plays shit video games experienced metafiction for the first time
>>
>>376682006
>pick Rocket League
>remember the joy of playing some NES game with friends

>pick HoI3
>remember the joy of finding out how the game works
>>
>>376688207
>REEEEE SHE'S NOT A FUCKING TRANSEXUAAAAAAALL SHE'S A FUCKING FUTANARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

This is why no one can take weebs seriously. You come up with strawmen to insult Western games when Japanese games have mostly horribly written plots and setups, terribly one-dimensional character design, and always rely on the same formula over and over again, which you then shit on Western dev's for trying new approaches to.

FIRST OFF: No one gives a shit about Bioware or Blizzard anymore other than the fans that are desperately still attached to them.

Majority of major western dev studios do not "force" SJW content on to people. If you think including a single black person or female into the storyline/setting is "SJW" you're objectively wrong, since I could then point out virtually any JRPG with identical character design and repeat your argument.

And then there's the fact that you disregard developers such as Capcom, who bent their knees and censored their game, in essence doing exactly what a handful of western devs do, that can easily attract mainstream audiences out-side of the more reliable core gamer audience.

>>376688514
>Also no one hides the fact that Japan has gays and lesbians. The way society treats them is completely fucking different and they are not vocal special snowflakes like western faggots.

Yes, they are treated differently, and in many cases, much fucking worse, you retarded fucking nigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkkLQGUfuW8
>>
>>376689504
Dude, no, like Japan is a total paradise where no SJW, political issues or problems exist because that's what my cartoons told me. They are le based.
>>
File: char_109208.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_109208.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>376689217
>Kaine is a hermaphrodite you massive retard.

WOW shocking, you are so smart, /v/-san!

Protip: Futanari (ふたなり?, seldom: 二形, 双形, literally: dual form; 二成, 双成, literally: [to be of] two kinds) is the Japanese word for hermaphroditism.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said about Kaine being futanari.

Dumb fucking idiot, at least get your facts straight before arguing with someone obviously smarter than you, kid.

>>376689287
No one is holding your hand here, you can leave to your safe plebbit zone and never come back, thank you!

>>376689504
Again for imbeciles:

Futanari or ヘルマプロディートス
(ふたなり?, seldom: 二形, 双形, literally: dual form; 二成, 双成, literally: [to be of] two kinds) is the Japanese word for hermaphroditism

Transexual 性転換症
>a person who emotionally and psychologically feels that they belong to the opposite sex.

If you think it's the same thing then you are simply uneducated fucking retard. Which is not surprising and I'm not the one to blame you for that, we are on /v/ after all. That's expected.
>>
>>376682752
I don't know about you, but I for one am sick of seeing the video game devs shove their retarded political alignments in my entertainment. I play games to escape reality, not to be reminded of it and western games these days are bloated with dumb and forced leftist ideologies.
>>
>>376682006
They're getting worse. Innovation has slowed to a stunted crawl and glitches/bugs are the only real consistency while graphics and framerate purportedly get better. They're all video and very little game.
>>
>>376688613
>Automata has trans people

Who?

I'm still waiting.
>>
>>376689698
>I for one am sick of seeing the video game devs shove their retarded political alignments in my entertainment
If you enjoyed Persona 5 the irony of this statement is simply too much.
>>
>>376689696
I know what a Futanari is you retarded dipshit, I just think it's hilarious that you're making this big of a deal about it because both are visually feminine but have a penis.
>>
File: 14669592228690.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14669592228690.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376689504
>Yes, they are treated differently, and in many cases, much fucking worse

?

That's literally the point I've made in my post. Thanks for repeating it again you failure of an abortion.

That treatment is healthy and they deserve to be treated like shit (which is obviously not that bad anyway and you must be mentally challenged to believe in what some shitty Western media says serving political orders and grants they get from Western gay enforcers).

The difference between Japan and Western degenerates is obvious - we get healthy society in Japan with good video games, anime, manga, books, music, etc.
And we get degenerate SJW feminist scum of the Earth on the West in US, Canada, Sweden, etc. Shit culture, shit games, shit movies, shit music. Shit migrants. Shit politics. Shit society.

Of course any sane person would say that Japan is superior. It's only natural to think that way if you are not mentally challenged retard.
>>
File: angry wojak.png (1MB, 935x670px) Image search: [Google]
angry wojak.png
1MB, 935x670px
>>376689504
D-DELETE THIS!
Japan is literally flawless!
>>
File: 1494240473217.png (104KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1494240473217.png
104KB, 440x440px
>>376689919
No you obviously don't know anything my stupid tripshit monkey, because Kaine is not transexual and she never wanted to be a man.
You don't even understand the difference between those terms because you are that uneducated subhuman trash.

Kindly filter yourself out and stop visiting 4chan.
>>
File: 1489890115985.jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1489890115985.jpg
50KB, 449x642px
I just like the execution of Japanese media more than western media.
>>
>>376689504
>FIRST OFF: No one gives a shit about Bioware or Blizzard

"Overwatch passes 30 million player milestone, just getting silly now"

Yeah, totally based retard bro.
>>
>>376690085
is your reaction pic sans from undertale?
>>
>>376689163
Why not use the term hermaphrodite then, you fucking pretentious loser? If you didn't have autism, you'd have the self awareness to realize condescending to people about your ability to memorize terms from your cartoon masturbation material reveals you to be a parent-disappointing NEET lowlife, not a well-read cultural expert.
>>
>>376690085
>That's literally the point I've made in my post. Thanks for repeating it again you failure of an abortion.

Failure of an abortion, nice, did you get that insult from personal experience?

>The way society treats them is completely fucking different and they are not vocal special snowflakes

>Kanako Otsuji, an assemblywoman from Osaka, came out as a lesbian in 2005

>Two years earlier, in 2003, Aya Kamikawa became the first openly transgender person elected official in Tokyo, Japan

Wanna try again, failure of a child?

>>376688514
>and more rights than normal people

They actually don't, but okay.

>And they shove that fucking shit into your throat in every video game now

They actually don't, but okay.
>>
>>376690085
>they deserve to be treated like shit
You must hate Taro then considering he's using his games as a soapbox to say the opposite.
>>
>people complaining about SJW etc

Besides that you people are forgetting the "indie" phase that made everything minimalistic - aka too fucking lazy and making dogshit 'nostalgia' games.

Franchises with sequel after sequel after sequel
>>
>>376690192
>Kaine is not transexual and she never wanted to be a man.

>You don't even understand the difference between those terms because you are that uneducated subhuman trash.

>fails to understand what transgender even means

>Transgender people are people who have a gender identity or GENDER EXPRESSION that differs from their assigned sex

Try again, retard?
>>
File: autism rates skyrocket.jpg (18KB, 226x141px) Image search: [Google]
autism rates skyrocket.jpg
18KB, 226x141px
>>376690574
>>376690392
t. lgbt

Dude you're taking the bait and making this super personal
Not any of those posters but cmon son, stop being angry
>>
File: 1493705493282.jpg (40KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
1493705493282.jpg
40KB, 600x567px
>>376690574
Kaine isn't transgender though. Kaine is a female human, and the Replicant happened to be a Hermaphrodite. This isn't some odd shit about how your human mind is developing based on your preconceived notions of how gender norms work and how you should feel in that regard, Kaine's replicant literally is built intersexed and is based on her literal female mindset from her female anatomy when she was a female human.
>>
>>376690392
>Failure of an abortion, nice, did you get that insult from personal experience?

Does it bother you, son of a whore?

>Kanako Otsuji, an assemblywoman from Osaka, came out as a lesbian in 2005
>Two years earlier, in 2003, Aya Kamikawa became the first openly transgender person elected official in Tokyo, Japan

?
How does it change anything that I said? Do you understand the business etiquette in Japan or maybe you have some actual experience working in Japan and announcing that you are a fucking faggot to your colleges? I wouldn't recommend you to do that but on the other hand it's safe to assume that you will never get hired anyway because holy shit who needs a braindead retard like you in Japan?

>They actually don't, but okay.

Yes they do, same as racial quota and the same way niggers get their jobs because companies simply cannot say no without getting accused for being racist you uneducated cretin.
>>376690574

What exactly don't you understand here you inbred retard?

Does Kaine emotionally and psychologically fell like she belongs to the opposite sex? No she doesn't.

Kill yourself you shitfaced retard and stop wasting our oxygen.
>>
>>376690085
>Of course any sane person would say that Japan is superior

Yea, what with their hyper-inflation, extreme problem with open molestation of women to the point they make separate trains for them, their medieval-style prison system, and their extreme repression of people of Chinese or Korean descent akin to the way KKK members would treat blacks, it's totally "superior".

Lmao, get a load of this fucking underage child. It's hilarious that he thinks what he's saying is actually true.

Yea, go tell me how great Japan is when you're struggling to get a job just to pay rent, trying to be in a relationship that's not with a woman who considers you a fling because she would NEVER marry an outsider, while not offending the Yakuza which practically run the urban environments in every major city like the Mafia did in the 30's.

This post has to be satire, you can't literally be this brain-dead, can you?
>>
redpill me on The Skeleton Man
>>
>>376691117
He's a cuck
>>
>>376691117
He's a tripfag so he deserves death
>>
*cracks fingers* ezpz lemon sqzy

>>376690968
>and making this super personal

I'm only repeating their argument styles, I'm not getting legitimately angered by any of this because I already know how laughably wrong they are.

>>376691054
>This isn't some odd shit about how your human mind is developing based on your preconceived notions of how gender norms work and how you should feel in that regard, Kaine's replicant literally is built intersexed and is based on her literal female mindset from her female anatomy when she was a female human.

Which is a very interesting way of introducing transgender ideas using a sort of cyberpunk-fantasy setting.

>>376691059
>son of a whore?
It would if this was the 1400's. What's next, going to tell me my father was a hamster, lmao

>How does it change anything that I said?
Because they are being more vocal about LGBT issues in Japan, you fucking mong?

I don't even know why I reply to children anymore, maybe it's just because you're all so tempting with your posts.

> fell

Nice spelling there, inbred retard xD
>>
File: 1437080829206.jpg (47KB, 453x583px) Image search: [Google]
1437080829206.jpg
47KB, 453x583px
>>376691117
Howdy
>>
>>376691102
>Yea, what with their hyper-inflation

What about US debt to China?

>extreme problem with open molestation of women to the point they make separate trains for them

What about migrants and niggers raping local citizens? What about whole abandoned cities like Detroit in US? What about abandoned areas with blacks who moved in and forced whites to move out?

>their medieval-style prison system

Yet Japan is the safest country on Earth.

>and their extreme repression of people of Chinese or Korean descent akin to the way KKK members would treat blacks, it's totally "superior".

My fucking sides, lots of Chinese, Taiwanese and Korean people live in Japan. They have their own neighborhoods in Tokyo and across Japan as well. Kpop was so popular in ~2008 that Koreans were top-10 best selling artists in Japan.

>Yea, go tell me how great Japan is when you're struggling to get a job just to pay rent

I didn't even need to call you braindead retard because you do it to yourself. Since you are obviously uneducated retard who can't even find a job in Japan with tons of foreign students getting easy as shit baito and proper jobs after Japanese language courses, why would anyone even care about your shitty opinion you gaijin filth?

>trying to be in a relationship that's not with a woman who considers you a fling because she would NEVER marry an outsider

My fucking sides.
Not only you are a total loser who can't find a job but you also have no fucking luck with Japanese girls who will gladly marry any decent foreigners.

Actually you remind me of that Azusafag from /a/. What was his name again? You are the same mentally challenged virgin loser as him.
>>
File: 1447300055741.jpg (86KB, 846x634px) Image search: [Google]
1447300055741.jpg
86KB, 846x634px
>>376691102
Oh right, it must be you Komeji!

How is your life in Japan going? No job, no gf, no money, no future?
>>
File: 1494117375480.jpg (10KB, 287x208px) Image search: [Google]
1494117375480.jpg
10KB, 287x208px
>>376682006

No. You play video games with nostalgia in mind.

You should be playing games from your heart and love for video games.
>>
>>376691865
Why are you still trying, you've got BTFO already so hard that the only chance for you to save the day for everyone is to kill yourself.
>>
>>376682006

It's like music

We only remember the good titles from previous decades and have forgotten all the trash that came with them
>>
>>376691054
>Kaine isn't transgender though. Kaine is a female human, and the Replicant happened to be a Hermaphrodite. This isn't some odd shit about how your human mind is developing based on your preconceived notions of how gender norms work and how you should feel in that regard, Kaine's replicant literally is built intersexed and is based on her literal female mindset from her female anatomy when she was a female human.

That retard never played Nier anyway, why bother explaining him that Kaine never felt like a man and so she is obviously not some degenerate transgender trash.
>>
>wake up the day of my 24th birthday
>deeply understand people and society with a
sage-like wisdom
>with a rush of euphoria, realize that I understand the fundamental truths of the universe and the meaning of life
>realize that because of this new understanding, I can no longer enjoy something as petty as 'video games'
>rush to /v/ to start a campaign of enlightenment to save them from wasting their early years like I did
So this is what it means... to be a real adult...
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.