[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's make predictions about this game. Gameplay, mechanics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: can I be open world, too.jpg (282KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
can I be open world, too.jpg
282KB, 1280x720px
Let's make predictions about this game. Gameplay, mechanics, features, etc.

Sadly, what else can be done to an open-world mechanic (by Nintendo) that hasn't been done already, except have the theme/setting about Mario?

>large world
>lots of quest points
>lots of side quests
>lots of interactables
>main 'story' that can be put off
>'freedom' of movement/direction

Not saying it'll be bad, just saying, I'm interested to see how the innovative Nintendo can add to the 'open-world' scene (if they can at all).
>>
>>376681295
It's not open world dumbass it's sandbox. There's a difference. It's still gonna be a platformer.
>>
I think you'll be able to jump
>>
>>376681295
The hat shop is going to give different hats and serve as the main powerups/gimmicks of the game.
>>
>>376681295
Its gonna be the Sonic Adventures of Mario games.

I hope its good, because I actually enjoyed Sonic Adventures on DC
>>
>excessively large worlds
>mission objectives will take place in specific segments of the world so you won't have to worry about getting lost, but you'll enter the world at the same spot in every mission
>you'll get kicked out of the world every time you get a star
>the only "side quests" are collecting blue coins to get extra stars in the hub
>"freedom" of movement, lots of different jumps, etc, but you'll never have any reason to use them because a backflip or the hat-platform will do the trick
>the different hats are painfully underutilized and horribly situational powerups
>no interactibles at all; unless the usual Mario trope interactibles count
>the game is going to feel like a template for a Mario 3D editor, but Nintendo's not gonna do that shit
>>
>>376681295
here's my prediction:
>it's New Super Mario 64
>>
I'm gonna say that Bowser will NOT be the final boss
>>
I don't think ot's gonna have an open world and the levels aren't gonna be all that mich larger than in Sunshine.
>>
>>376683303

It'll be "open world" in the same way Super Mario 64 and Sunshine were. They'll probably let you choose multiple worlds to go to, with more unfolding as you advance in the game. New Donk City is likely the hub world too.
>>
>>376682268
If that's true I'm buying 5 switches and sticking them all up my ass.
>>
>>376681295
>quests
>story
nigger what are you on about?
>>
>>376683517
Better prepare your anus then
>>
I wonder if this game will acknowledge the Donkey Kong Country games outside of the street names. I know the spin-off's do, but we've never seen any kongs references in a 3D Mario title. At least, as far as I know. I think I'd be interesting if we saw DK in some shape or form.
>>
>>376681295
This isn't an open-world game anon, it's just a Mario game with larger-than-normal levels with objectives that can be cleared out of order. Everything is going to be classic Mario, with platforming and power ups.
>>
>>376686170
>This isn't an open-world game

The trailers and previews all show/say different.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.