[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys don't really believe there are shills running rampant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: vzGpTKg.png (185KB, 443x433px) Image search: [Google]
vzGpTKg.png
185KB, 443x433px
You guys don't really believe there are shills running rampant on this site do you?
The idea that a million dollar company, like sony has it's own 4chan marketing division is laughable
You really think they care about what some degenerates that spend more time baiting, and meme-ing than actually discussing games think?
>>
back during the presidential stuff there was 100% russian people being paid to shill for trump on 4chan
>>
File: 1465843477008.jpg (46KB, 359x369px) Image search: [Google]
1465843477008.jpg
46KB, 359x369px
4chan is one of the top 20 websites in the anglosphere.

It's a fucking FACT that we're a regular target for viral advertising campaigns as well as general shilling. No other website allows such easy and open access to such a massive audience.
>>
File: 1489215823891.jpg (7KB, 251x245px) Image search: [Google]
1489215823891.jpg
7KB, 251x245px
>>376676781
vat you say you cuck? Trump is second best leader in vorld, kek be praised
>>
There are shills for companies, and this is confirmed by marketing analysts. They post shit on most websites, the only difference is that while most other sites are full of retards who think that the shills are legitimate posters who just have a vested interest in the games, 4chan reacts violently to literally anything, and as such, it's hard to determine a legitimate corporate shill from someone who simply enjoys a game, though you have retards like "Why don't you play Paragon, it has GRAPHICS" who get banned on site for being too blatant.
>>
>>376676630
Calling people out for shilling, even if they aren't literally paid shills, discourages the blind devotion to a product that so often happens with video games.

More importantly, we live in a world where people talk around the water-cooler about what their favorite corporation said on Twitter lately.
It's a wise move to be hyper-vigilant of when you're being marketed to.
>>
>>376676630
Marketers come around every so often, usually it's just blind fanboys though and honestly they're the bigger cancer.
>>
>>376677170
why
to prevent people discussing shit at the water cooler?
>>
>>376677170
The problem with this is that you say anything good about a game, you get called a shill, and people lose their shit
So now you can't even tell if it's a shill, and guy who just likes the game, or a troll just in it for the (you)'s
>>
>>376676630
>The idea that a million dollar company, like sony has it's own 4chan marketing division is laughable

They don't.

What they do is outsource to companies that specialize in "viral" marketing and a key component of that is shilling on social media and the like. 4chan is not the key focus, it's just one of dozens and dozens of sites. I know 4chan retards like to think of themselves as some sort of counter culture elite but you guys are all the same as everyone else out there. Your anti-establishment/pro-"underdog" shit is just wank, at the end of the day the majority of people around here predominantly play heavily marketed AAA shit same as the "normies".
>>
>>376676781
Wut? There are literally companies that pay people to shill for democucks.
>>
>>376676630
I've seen repeat threads for popular indie games, and I don't mean several threads discussing them. Copy + paste threads that appear once a week or so. I thought people were being over dramatic too, but there are honestly people trying to use 4chan for advertising.
>>
>>376677303
What?
The point is, most people are too retarded to notice marketing.
Not being one of those people is it's own reward, obviously. It's IRL Adblock.
>>376677481
>So now you can't even tell if it's a shill, and guy who just likes the game, or a troll just in it for the (you)'s
What you are describing is an anonymous image board functioning as designed.
>>
>>376676802
Captcha failed
>>
>>376676781
RECORD STATUS: CORRECTED
>>
>>376677725
>I've seen repeat threads for popular indie games
Me too, but this is a shitty marketing attempt if so. If anything, it makes me look away from the game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.