[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Nintendo ever had the most powerful console in any console/handheld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: nintendo console.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo console.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Has Nintendo ever had the most powerful console in any console/handheld generation?
>>
bumperino
>>
yes obviously the gamecube and the n64
>>
>>376673586
N64 was the most powerful, but it used cartridges
>>
the gamecube
arguably the n64
the switch (in terms of handhelds)
>>
>Gamecube
The Xbox was the most powerful 6th gen conslole
>>
>>376674540
N64 yes, GCN, no.
>>
>>376673586
SNES wasn't the strongest on its gen cycle?
>>
>>376674540
>>376674574
>>376674605
>>376676198
>n64
>not the saturn
>>
>>376676546
No, the Genesis was stronger.

Master System>NES
Genesis>Snes>PC Engine
N64>PS1>Saturn
Xbox>Gamecube>PS2>Dreamcast
X360>PS3>Wii
PS4>Xbone>Wii U
>>
>>376676546
like every nintendo system before they just gave up on trying to compete entirely with the wii, it's stronger than it's competition at some things but weaker at others

if you mean strongest as in "can make the best looking visuals" then yes, if you mean strongest as in "can render the most stuff without breaking down" then the genesis wins. a game like gunstar heroes couldn't work on snes and its why most of it's games are either rpgs or other games where you're either encouraged to take a slow pace or have to constantly load new rooms so the system can keep up
>>
>>376676690
I don't think you understand what this thread is about
>>
>>376676756
wasn't the PS2 actually weaker than the dreamcast, it just had longer development time so people could figure out more tricks for it?

games that are on the dreamcast that eventually came to other consoles run better on dreamcast almost exclusively. is that just a porting error?
>>
File: specs.png (9KB, 600x286px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
9KB, 600x286px
>>376676858
Yeah, quick google showed that the genesis had a stronger processor. Guess my life is a lie now lmao
>>
>>376677008
Dreamcast had slightly more VRAM, but the PS2 CPU outpaced it by far.
>>
>>376676756
>No, the Genesis was stronger.
I thought the Genesis just had a better processor while the SNES succeeded in everything else?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.