[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony VR >$500 >brand new interesting experience Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fuaewhlfuksh.jpg (127KB, 739x673px) Image search: [Google]
fuaewhlfuksh.jpg
127KB, 739x673px
Sony VR
>$500
>brand new interesting experience
Nintendo Switch
>$300
>getting lots of support, great games on the horizon

I'm only getting one around black friday / holiday sales. Which one should it be? Is support for Sony VR slowing down? I haven't heard much about it after Resident Evil 7 came and went.
>>
>>376669704
Switch has no games
>>
>>376669704
>I'm only getting one around black friday / holiday sales

Why don't you ask closer to that time so you can have a better opinion
>>
Now that's a cutie horse.
>>
Don't invest in VR. It does provide an interesting, unique experience for sure. But none of the games that support it are worth your time. All the games specifically made for VR might as well be tech demos that range from literal movies to barely functioning indie projects. Even the best games that utilize VR are better played without it. For example, RE7 uses it but almost every movement and transition is met with black screens and scenes that don't work if you can move your head. It's terribly implemented and just comes off as a gimmick.

The Switch doesn't really have any games on it yet (outside of Zelda which can be played on the Wii U) but it's still at least a platform that will, theoretically, be supported in the future.

Buy the system that actually has games coming up, not tech demos. VR is absolutely a cool experience, but you'll get a few hours of fun out of it then put it away since nothing really uses it well.
>>
What are you talking about? the upcoming switch lineup is horrifyingly bad. Basically no major third party support, and no more flagship titles aside from Mario. BotW is totally worth it, not even exaggerating when I say it's the best Zelda game I've ever played. But as soon as I get bored with Zelda, I'm selling the system to salvage some of my money.
>>
>>376670225
>VR is absolutely a cool experience, but you'll get a few hours of fun out of it then put it away since nothing really uses it well.
Good point. I might get the Switch then, unless Sony's VR drops to under $200 or something which I'm sure isn't going to happen. As for Switch, I'm interested in Zelda, Bomberman, Arms, and Mario but maybe four games isn't enough to justify the purchase. It might be best to wait until next year.
>>
>>376670871
>Super Bomberman R
>Arms
>Splatoon 2
>Mario Odyssey
They all seem like good games and they're all exclusive. Yeah, every console is always going to be starved for content near launch but I think these four are pretty solid. Then again, if one or two of them don't interest you (just like how I don't care about anything Fire Emblem or Dynasty Warriors related) then that's definitely a killer.
>>
>>376669704
Both are total trash. Switch has literally no games, PSVR is basically just a scam to recycle old unsold PSMove hardware they had in storage. Even the absolute best top-tier state-of-the-art VR on PC (Vive, and then Oculus as a close second) is absolutely a niche enthusiast product still.
>>
If you wanna buy something to play video games you cannot argue in favor of VR over any other console/handheld currently on the market.
>>
>>376672357
Switch has more games than PSVR does.
>>
>>376669704
VR is dead Anon, might as well buy a pet rock or a 3d tv
>>
Vr isn't $500
>>
>>376669704
if you are investing in vr, just get a vive. any other VR is a joke and valve created a new standard that everyone else needs to catch up to, even then, the games for PC are shit.

so get a switch.
>>
File: Dreams.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376669704
>PSVR
>brand new interesting experience
That's... an interesting way to phrase it

>Switch
>getting lots of support
I REALLY don't know what you mean by this.

Anyway, consideting they are both a waste of money just go with your gut.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.